• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

No one has commented on the silliness of listing dosages? Just don't. Unless you have pure acid, weighed it exactly, and then dosed yourself do you have a basis for being able to relate effect to dosage. Most of the statistics about dosage of street blotter, that I am aware of obviously, are from about 30 years ago.

People... stop using "mics" to relate effect. It means nothing as it just adds to confusion. So if you are one of those rare sheet layers and do know the subjective subtleties of minute differentiation in dosage please don't use "mics" either because no one else knows what you mean.

I went to Erowid to make sure my memory was correct, but they list 150-400+ as strong. I'm pretty sure 600ug is the human avg. for complete saturation so at that point only duration is effected.

Peace,
PL

^ Many of us *do* know the amount of LSD on each hit we take, so your statement is a bit presumptuous... although I do agree that *some* people are more than likely guessing...

I have found LSD to be fairly rare in my area (it's around, I just am not in the right circles) and after a few life changing experiences in high school (late 90's, tried it 4 times) I have only come across it once since. Although I have found it to have an amazing positive influence on my life it has always scared me as those experiences were always intense and there was usually a large element of fear involved.

My only other time was about 4 years ago on New Years eve (with my same high school tripping companion) and it was a lower dose than the past and completely enjoyable and controllable. SO incredible. I only mention this as when I was in my home town for Christmas it found me again. The person only had 5 hits (purple aliens), but I'm happy to have found any. I plan to try one to test the strength and will be sure to post in this thread. Unless of course 1 hit turns out to be a strong dose, but these days I highly doubt it.

I'm just hoping to quash what seems to be a growing trend.

"Oh I like 140mics the most."

"Really? Interesting. I'm more of a 215-237 guy."

Obviously BS, but people should be made aware.

My statement does not relate to your comment Church. For the most part people don't know. Could you take a tab and be confident to guess within 25ug in either direction? Hopefully those that do know will communicate the integrity of their analyses and of course their conclusions so that the Ignant Masses may better understand. Erowid's chart is great. Especially considering the subjective nature of the drug and it's variable effects even at similar dosages and settings. A broad scale like that is much more effective. It is silly to try to sound extra hip by saying mics.

Peace, pot, and micro-dots,
PL

well if a tab is 75 mics then they know relative to that
or if a tab is 120 mics then they know in refrence to that.

from over 200 sessions I have no idea what the reference really is.
so I just call it by how much blotter
or how much of a cultural average dose
and of that
1/4 is a handy fave and 1/2 is just fine

Low dose LSD is the only dosage level I have experience with! Great for writing and all around cognitive stimulation.

I've only taken LSD up to maybe a ++ level and that was good, too. Mostly only a handful of VERY low doses in the neighborhood of 1/16-1/32 an average dose (the actual administration was diluted liquid).

Low dose LSD (1-10ug) is a nootropic with similar subjective effects to ergoloid mesylates.

I would like to explore LSD (1-10ug) with the 'racetams someday.

This thread has actually reminded me about the usefulness of LSD as a nootropic.

samadhi_smiles said:
Low dose LSD is the only dosage level I have experience with! Great for writing and all around cognitive stimulation.

I've only taken LSD up to maybe a ++ level and that was good, too. Mostly only a handful of VERY low doses in the neighborhood of 1/16-1/32 an average dose (the actual administration was diluted liquid).

Low dose LSD (1-10ug) is a nootropic with similar subjective effects to ergoloid mesylates.

I would like to explore LSD (1-10ug) with the 'racetams someday.

This thread has actually reminded me about the usefulness of LSD as a nootropic.

Yes, I concur. I was able to simulate low dose LSD with doctor-prescibed migraine meds, namely Sansert (methylsergide). Prior to giving me Sansert, he had exhausted all the ordinary migraine meds like Imatrex and Neurontin (I still think a large dose of Imatrex might prove useful but haven't tried it). For Sansert, the stuff was made up to order by a "compounding" pharmacist, the only one within 50 miles, since Sansert is no longer sold here in the US. I was prescribed 2mg t.i.d. and it was the first time I felt like that since my 6 month daily-lsd-therapy experiment during the hayday of the '60s.

I've tried to achieve the same consistent daily plateau level by using common woodrose and morning glory with some success . . . but they lack the ergot factor, and to eliminate the side-effects requires a decent (but not undoable) extraction method. There are some places overseas (I'm in US) that sell caps with lysergic derivatives. I've tried a few, and they are nice, but understandably lacking.

I'm thinking that a combo of the common Lyseric extracts with commonly available ergot derivatives (maybe hydergine), could yield a useful daily "vitamin". And maybe the addition of racetams would top it off nicely. There are just so many fine herbs and supplements to try, including my ongoing pharmaceutical search for effective doctor-prescribable alternatives (I'm now just 2 days into an Efexor trial to see if one pill can replace a basket full of drugs/supplements to negotiate a long sought peace treaty between my serotonin and noradrenalin levels).

Ergot seems to represent one of a small class of "wonder" chemicals for the pharmaceutical industry. As well as the "wonder" drugs like LSD, there are numerous useful pharmaceuticals that owe there existence to ergot. And the thing about these ergot derivatives is that they all seem to have many more applications than just the isolated FDA-approved uses. If doctors were freed from the perceived link to LSD, they might more freely prescribe these drugs for more conditions than just atypical migraine, dementia, alzheimers, or nootropic enhancement.

Just as the medical pioneers around the world are discovering more and more legitimate use for MDMA and similar phenethylamines and their derivatives, they are begining to look more closely at LSD and similar tryptamines to create specialized remedies for societies complaints. Who knows? One day my good ol' family physician may prescribed the LSD patch, once society graduates to the awareness that their actual malady is the same as mine -- Chronic LSD Deficiency.

Revrent_mike said:
Yes, I concur. I was able to simulate low dose LSD with doctor-prescibed migraine meds, namely Sansert (methylsergide). Prior to giving me Sansert, he had exhausted all the ordinary migraine meds like Imatrex and Neurontin (I still think a large dose of Imatrex might prove useful but haven't tried it). For Sansert, the stuff was made up to order by a "compounding" pharmacist, the only one within 50 miles, since Sansert is no longer sold here in the US. I was prescribed 2mg t.i.d. and it was the first time I felt like that since my 6 month daily-lsd-therapy experiment during the hayday of the '60s.

I've tried to achieve the same consistent daily plateau level by using common woodrose and morning glory with some success . . . but they lack the ergot factor, and to eliminate the side-effects requires a decent (but not undoable) extraction method. There are some places overseas (I'm in US) that sell caps with lysergic derivatives. I've tried a few, and they are nice, but understandably lacking.

I'm thinking that a combo of the common Lyseric extracts with commonly available ergot derivatives (maybe hydergine), could yield a useful daily "vitamin". And maybe the addition of racetams would top it off nicely. There are just so many fine herbs and supplements to try, including my ongoing pharmaceutical search for effective doctor-prescribable alternatives (I'm now just 2 days into an Efexor trial to see if one pill can replace a basket full of drugs/supplements to negotiate a long sought peace treaty between my serotonin and noradrenalin levels).

Ergot seems to represent one of a small class of "wonder" chemicals for the pharmaceutical industry. As well as the "wonder" drugs like LSD, there are numerous useful pharmaceuticals that owe there existence to ergot. And the thing about these ergot derivatives is that they all seem to have many more applications than just the isolated FDA-approved uses. If doctors were freed from the perceived link to LSD, they might more freely prescribe these drugs for more conditions than just atypical migraine, dementia, alzheimers, or nootropic enhancement.

Just as the medical pioneers around the world are discovering more and more legitimate use for MDMA and similar phenethylamines and their derivatives, they are begining to look more closely at LSD and similar tryptamines to create specialized remedies for societies complaints. Who knows? One day my good ol' family physician may prescribed the LSD patch, once society graduates to the awareness that their actual malady is the same as mine -- Chronic LSD Deficiency.

Im there with ya on that.

Does a low dose of acid dialate your pupils. And does it last as long as a normal trip would?

^ I find that the "trip" (if you wanna call it that) has a shorter duration, but not really that much shorter. And yes, it still dilates pupils.

Welcome to Bluelight, btw. :)

felixdahousekat said:
Thanks Church, you remembered! :D

^ Agree 100% with all of that. :D

I've kinda got into the habit of having a cheeky third of a tab at the start of a night out. It's amazing what a difference such a tiny amount can make. I get a warm glowing vibration all over, and feel happy and talkative, not unlike MDMA. I will usually take another third later on, and usually this results in the effects mentioned above - pure euphoric energy, a feeling of being inside the music, and an ability to tear up the dancefloor without my usual inhibition. It's a perfect feeling when you get it right: all the things I love about drugs in general without the weirdness that acid gives you at higher doses.

Please note, before anyone jumps down my throat: I of course also love acid in higher doses, but sometimes it's not appropriate for a night out in public. I live in a pretty small town and I get drug-tested at work, so I need to keep my drug-taking discreet.

I notice that some of you consider taking a whole hit to be 'low-dose'. I hope I never build up that kind of tolerance! Have you guys tried taking thirds or halves before? :)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=4660570&postcount=27

For accuracy lol!

good for writing, strange for reading

back in the glory days when I could find acid by walking down the hallway and knocking on the right doors, I used to take low doses (1/3 of whatever I was told was a hit) and write. It was a lot of fun, and really useful for just getting ideas onto the page. The writing would've been fucking incomprehensible to anyone but me afterwards, but I could reread it and clean it up and revise it. I've always been more of a reviser than a writer, so I found the little kick that lsd gave me to be something of a godsend.

I tried to read on the effects sometimes as well, but I found that I could never keep track of what _I_ believed -- I always agreed with whatever character was speaking or whatever narrator was narrating, and I found the constant switching of my beliefs and identities way too intense to want to make a habit of it.

Lately I've only taken low doses of lsd because the stuff that I've been able to find, on those rare occasions that I've been able to find it, has been universally shitty and way less strong than I've been promised. I was on a really low dose recently walking down the street (in front of Simmons Hall, at MIT, if anyone is familiar with Cambridge), and I looked into some frosted windows, and I saw what looked to me to be cellular automata patterns in the glass, like Conway's game of life. My friend, who was similarly tripping saw exactly the same thing, and neither of us were having any other visuals at all, and we had a long discussion about whether what we were seeing was actually there or not.

A few hours later, after we were sure that we'd come down (if you can 'come down' without ever really feeling like you 'came up') we went back to the window, and saw just the adhesive leftover from a sticker stuck to the window and pealed off. It wasn't moving. Curious about the synchronicity of our hallucination, we went into the building, found the window, and found that there was a fan right up next to it and that you could feel the glass vibrating if you pressed your hand up against the glass on the inside. I'm almost sure that what we saw as a hallucination came somehow from us being able to detect the vibration in the window that our brains would normally ignore.

When I have had strong trips I have always felt that my visuals had a rhythm to them that was related to my heart beat. I wonder if anyone else has had the experience of lsd putting them in tune with these natural frequencies.

One 'purple alien' down the hatch (no bitter taste, which is a good sign). My first time in at least three years with LSD. I'm mostly trying to test the strength of these, but I'm also inspired by this thread. LSD has always blown me away, I look forward to seeing its low-dose nuances. I've prepared my mind by reading a bit from "LSD: The Problem Solving Psychedelic" and intend to see if it can enhance my productivity/creativity. I am also open to the idea of 'dove-tailing' with a small dose (5mg or so) of 4-AcO-DMT later on to 'spice things up' if I feel the need. If things change from the serious to the silly, I also have a the DVD rip of Borat which I haven't seen yet. I'll be sure to report back later.

4am job interview at major package mover

I took a 5th of blue geletin tab, and did super at the interview ( got the job!):D
It was like a big cup of coffee, i felt social and relaxed.

Well, the lose dose earlier proved to be a bit high to be productive and a bit low for actual tripping, but still interesting. I had no real visuals but a definite glow around everything. I would say the experience wasn't all that enjoyable and often negative, but I had the feeling that I was working through 'shadow/unconscious material' and that it was a positive thing. Much like the approach outlined in 'Thanatos to Eros' by Myron J. Stolaroff.

I think 1/4 to 1/2 would be a more appropriate 'low dose' of this strength blotter. I also have the feeling that if I had a few more of these low dose trips I might get to the point where I enjoy them more after a bit more personal 'psyche-therapy'.

drunken_etard said:
i can ever get off on a low dose of acid...im just naturally tolerant to it.

ill 2nd that.... tho is the L is ur street blotter/gel/liquid, so u can never know ur exact dose which would be a "low" dose.. the "after-glow", day after or two or so after a trip will have ur anti depressant effect =D impo u say allow more research u fill find it
a safe and effective antidepressant, and a safe and effective social lubricant.
it can either way either make ya more depressed or with drawn in a social situation which depends on external n' internal factors. but i agree some what more research/education

e1evene1even said:
Well, the lose dose earlier proved to be a bit high to be productive and a bit low for actual tripping, but still interesting. I had no real visuals but a definite glow around everything. I would say the experience wasn't all that enjoyable and often negative, but I had the feeling that I was working through 'shadow/unconscious material' and that it was a positive thing. Much like the approach outlined in 'Thanatos to Eros' by Myron J. Stolaroff.

I think 1/4 to 1/2 would be a more appropriate 'low dose' of this strength blotter. I also have the feeling that if I had a few more of these low dose trips I might get to the point where I enjoy them more after a bit more personal 'psyche-therapy'.

Out of curiosity, what was your setting? I've taken single hits on several occasions for general day enhancement/utility, and generally if I spend the time inside doing normal things or interacting socially (except with my girlfriend), it makes me feel withdrawn, self-conscious, and is just a little too psychedelic to be enjoyable. However, if I take it outdoors and spend the day outside, then even if I'm around other people (friends at least, anyway) I will feel euphoric, outgoing, socially lubricated, and just overall wonderful.

I'm also taken lower doses, like 1/4 to 1/2 hit, and in that case it was weak enough that I could perform normal activities with an added little boost.

i used to take large doses of LSD, not sure of the mics, but usually 2 microdots - when everyone else had one. I no longer take high doses because i no longer enjoy it, i become unsocial and distant (for some reason :))

Now i enjoy 1/2 a tab followed by 1/4's during the trip, as i find now i am able to trip of this amount very successfully. I get trails of anything that moves for months after!!

My missus on the other hand will take 2-3 tabs and loves it.

Although the last time we saw infected mushroom on trips so was so wasted i had to take her home...missed the whole god damn thing...arrghh!! oh well.

Be Safe

Xorkoth said:
Out of curiosity, what was your setting? I've taken single hits on several occasions for general day enhancement/utility, and generally if I spend the time inside doing normal things or interacting socially (except with my girlfriend), it makes me feel withdrawn, self-conscious, and is just a little too psychedelic to be enjoyable. However, if I take it outdoors and spend the day outside, then even if I'm around other people (friends at least, anyway) I will feel euphoric, outgoing, socially lubricated, and just overall wonderful.

I'm also taken lower doses, like 1/4 to 1/2 hit, and in that case it was weak enough that I could perform normal activities with an added little boost.

I was inside, hoping to maybe make some music, maybe do some creative writing etc. Physically I felt uncomfortable. I had the 'LSD-aches' where your back hurts a bit and your muscles are tight (probably the origin of the 'lsd in spine' myth). Much of the discomfort was likely psychosomatic in nature as I know how physically benign LSD is.

Colors were enhanced, slight wall-breathing and every thing had a psychedelic glaze around it. I tried to watch the movie Borat (thinking it may improve my mood) and found it pointless and unfunny (its much better sober or with cannabis) and turned it off half way through. I felt mentally uncomfortable and a bit depressed.

Later I went for a walk outside and found it very refreshing. I remember looking at some big trees with no leaves on them and it reminded me of my first time on LSD when I sat in front of two large trees without leaves and the trees became my own brain (same fractal branching etc). Later I smoked some cannabis (I am a regular smoker but hadn't smoked since before going to the amazon over a month prior) and found it made things a bit more enjoyable. One thing I did enjoy was that the experience didn't feel rushed at all. Often I find with shorter acting compounds that the plateau doesn't last long enough and I start to come-down before I'd like.

The 'trip' left me with the opposite of an afterglow. Things had been brought to the surface of my psyche, yet were left mostly unresolved. Rather than feeling cosmically motivated I felt directionless.

The next day I decided against going to work and at 5pm I took around 10mg of 4-AcO-DMT. I found that although there was some tolerance, it definitely helped me get back on track emotionally. Compared to the low dose LSD the day before it was much more enjoyable both physically and mentally. Extremely smooth come up and the come down was almost non-existent. After three hours I was almost back to baseline, which was around the same length it lasted the first and only other time I tried it at a similar dose.

I think that maybe 4-AcO-DMT before LSD could be worth a shot, the 4-AcO-DMT gets you 'off the ground' and then the LSD takes you the rest of the way.

In the future I will try 1/2-1/4 hit and see how that works instead.