• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

When I take LSD, I like to have a full blown trip. This is due to its EXTREME rarity in Orange County, CA, it's extremely jacked up price, and its low potency.

I remember one time I took 2 hits of blotter expecting a nice trip, but all I got was a "low-dose" experience. It was probably my attitude, but I felt it to be a tease, and I felt myself wanting more the whole time. :( It was not all that fun, though it probably could have been if I wouldn't have been wanting more the whole time.

It's SO RARE, SO EXPENSIVE, and SO NOT-POTENT these days, it is just not worth wasting my experience on a low-dose one. I find I like to take at least 5 hits when I do it, depending on strength. But I can NEVER FIND IT!!! I would pay so much if I could!

psilocybonaut said:
When I take LSD, I like to have a full blown trip. This is due to its EXTREME rarity in Orange County, CA, it's extremely jacked up price, and its low potency.

I remember one time I took 2 hits of blotter expecting a nice trip, but all I got was a "low-dose" experience. It was probably my attitude, but I felt it to be a tease, and I felt myself wanting more the whole time. :( It was not all that fun, though it probably could have been if I wouldn't have been wanting more the whole time.

It's SO RARE, SO EXPENSIVE, and SO NOT-POTENT these days, it is just not worth wasting my experience on a low-dose one. I find I like to take at least 5 hits when I do it, depending on strength. But I can NEVER FIND IT!!! I would pay so much if I could!
Wow. I can get it all day in LA county and 2 hits is like fire. [price info removed... please read the rules before posting!]

Just goes to show, lifes not about what you know, its about who you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
im sorry, but i have a hard time apreciating a low dose of vitamin L. because L feels so fucking fantastic that i just cant get enough lol. im like a coke fiend when it comes to that shit. ill eat strip after strip after strip. no dicksizing, i just love acid. my last trip was a ten strip of extremely clean L on top of three mushroom chocolates. god it was fantastic, but i kept wanting more and more blotter. god that shit is good. same with mushies. i just cant get enough. until i hit around half an ounce and cant even move any more. but the more i can cram into my stomache before coming up, the better in my mind.

and NO my acid wasnt weak or fake. been eating it for YEARS, and everyone else was wigiign out on one or 2 hits tops. ive never had anything but hte cleanest, strongest. never beeen dissapointed, except for by the fact that acid just doesnt quite satisfy me like mushroooms do.
i have a buddy whos like me. were always trying to find enough ten strips to satisfy us both. peace

Last edited by a moderator:
one quarter was enought o go eye candy in the dark and big lights at night in the city.

the sense was all of sugar and warmth, I wrote piles of observations about the patterns lingering on the ceilings.

I could see wanting more, I could see it getting more encompassing, but I like 1/4's best I guess, except for halfs on special occasions.

quarter of mushies i assume your saying? cause a quarter tab of acid isnt SHIT. i agree, 7-10 grams is my prefered dose for mushies, unless i have cyanescens or coplandia tropicalis in which case 2-3 grams is a ticket to nirvana.

^ I think he meant a quarter of a hit. At least I hope so, as this is the LSD appreciation thread, not the mushroom one. ;)

*hand hovers over the "move posts" button

Yesterday, I tried 1/3 of the same blotter as I posted about previously. This seemed like much more of a functional low dose, colours were slightly brighter, I had some stomach discomfort, a mild headache, dry mouth and a slightly tight jaw. But I could still function in my daily tasks.

Around t+0:30 I decided to ingest 1600mg of Piracetam to see how it would combine, the piracetam is what likely contributed to many of the side effects above, as I hadn't eaten anything yet that day.

Around t+3:30, I felt like actually tripping so I took 12-14mg of 2C-I and smoked some Cannabis. This got surprisingly intense. It was definitely a +++ and I was straddling the edge for a bit. Aside from the slight concern that occurs whenever I combine any drugs, it was very rewarding. I usually find 2C-I very bland visually and fairly light mentally but this was quite visual and had a lot of depth. I could also sense the LSD qualities very distinctly as well. The comedown was very gradual/gentle and I feel quite fine today.

In conclusion, I would like to try a Piracetam/2C-I combo and also a 2C-I/LSD combo in the future as I think it could prove quite worthwhile. Also I think low dose LSD would combine well with many other similar chems as well. I would also suggest caution mixing Piracetam with a full-dose of LSD (or a full dose of anything), you may get a lot more than expected.

Consider also that your powerful experience with 2C-I was likely to have been cuased because you still had LSD affecting you. I haven't combined LSD with 2C-I, but I have combined with with 2C-B. I had taken some LSD, and 4-5 hours into it I was barely feeling anything, so I took 15mg of 2C-B. The resulting trip was a strong and profound +3 that became one of my most beautiful and abstract trips ever. Ordinarily 15mg of 2C-B wouldn't do much to me, either, other than produce a body buzz and some sparkling of colors.

The piracetam may have contributed, but I find that to really affect a psychedelic experience, piracetam must be taken around an hour before the substance, perhaps a little longer. I've taken piracetam and then a psychedelic 3 hours later and found no potentiation at all.

soma_junkie said:
I like to take a tab and just clean up my house from time to time. It gives me energy, naturally....but as I'm cleaning up (sweeping, mopping, vaccumming, scrubbing) I get the feeling that I'm actually cleaning up my mind....and thereby, cleaning up my life. The act of cleaning takes on symbolic proportions. (And mind you, I'm not a person who is nuts about being tidy)

You should read Your Brain is God by Leary. He goes through each phase of changing yourself with psychedelics and you seem to be referring to the "tune in" phase.

Xorkoth said:
Consider also that your powerful experience with 2C-I was likely to have been cuased because you still had LSD affecting you. I haven't combined LSD with 2C-I, but I have combined with with 2C-B. I had taken some LSD, and 4-5 hours into it I was barely feeling anything, so I took 15mg of 2C-B. The resulting trip was a strong and profound +3 that became one of my most beautiful and abstract trips ever. Ordinarily 15mg of 2C-B wouldn't do much to me, either, other than produce a body buzz and some sparkling of colors.

The piracetam may have contributed, but I find that to really affect a psychedelic experience, piracetam must be taken around an hour before the substance, perhaps a little longer. I've taken piracetam and then a psychedelic 2 hours later and found no potentiation at all.

I agree. It sounds like we had a similar experience. I don't think the Piracetam potentiated the LSD as I took the LSD before, but it certainly may have effected the 2C-I and cannabis. The 2C-I was taken about 2 hours after the Piracetam. I know you have experience with Piracetam potentiating 2C-E, so perhaps it does the same for 2C-I.

If Piracetams synergistic effect depends on when it is taken in relation to the other substance this could make for some quite complex combos, i.e. LSD + Piracetam + 2C-x (staged dosing), where the original compound is unaffected by the Piracetam but the second is potentiated.

Very true. I'm extremely curious about piracetam's effects of psychedelics, it's just that I'm too scared to really experiment with it! That's because my most intense trip to date was with piracetam and 2C-E, which was so frightening that I don't wish to repeat it (although I'm glad it happened to be sure!), and my other combination was with 5-MeO-MiPT which made it feel like the flu instead of a beautiful psychedelic cleansing.

I had a low dose LSD trip last Sunday. It was a 'museum level dose' and therefore, I went to a art museum. It was so damn wonderful, and most of the day I wondered whether it was having any effect at all, but I knew it was because I had continual tingles up my spine looking at art, and I frequently was overcome with tears in my eyes as well. No visuals at all, just an incredible opening up of the emotions.

I would also suggest caution mixing Piracetam with a full-dose of LSD (or a full dose of anything), you may get a lot more than expected.
============

I'll agree - but also recommend it. I've mixed it with 3 strong hits of LSD (3 hits of this stuff on their own is enough to knock me on my ass for a bit), and it gave me an AMAZING - but very intense trip. Its the kind of trip where I was rather happy to be inside and in a controlled enviorment for the peak of it, its not something I would of wanted to do at a party/club or social setting.

Hey all -- this is SUCH a great thread, I can't rave on it enough...

I've had quite a few trips on large doses of great quality LSD in the past 20 years or so of my experience with using psychedelics, and also have experimented with taking very small amounts, mainly during the daytime, preferably early morning and being out on nature hikes or around large bodies of water such as beach or ocean with very pleasant result.

It's been over a decade since I have taken any LSD, mainly because there has been a huge drought on resources for several years out here in the bay area (northern california) where I've been living for almost 20 years. I've recently heard from an old friend of mine who has come into some, finally, after waiting an awfully long time, so I'm getting my hopes up that some will come into my path.

My dad and I have been talking about what it might be like to trip after such a long time-- I think it's been about 16 years since we journeyed together (he and I have had several great ones together over the years). We've also been talking about small amounts vs. larger ones as a way to step back into these realms after such a long hiatus.

It's great to have this thread and this wonderful forum to read through and hear everyone's stories and feedback about such things.

Had my first low-dose experience last week. I took a tab of pretty weak acid one night to see how it worked with my creative process. I was alone and it was also the first time I'd tripped alone. This thread really prompted me to try it and I have to say it was probably the best time I could have had alone in my apartment. I did some drawing, reading, dancing and generally felt awesome. I think a little less than that would be awesome for a day of museum hopping as the visuals were barely there but the head space and emotions were spot on for art appreciation. Every other experience I've had on acid has been far more intense than that but I'm eager to get the time to do it again.

I don't remember if it was brought up in this thread, but it barely lasted 9 hours for me. Is it normal for a low dose to exit the system faster? Did having a much lower peak than normal shorten it?

Some great posts here recently, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I'm so glad I invented this whole low-dose LSD thing. %)

;)

^ Hallo church my friend how goes it straightsville then or you still stoking the pipe like ?;)