• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

With Hoffman - it's interesting! I wonder why he would stop at 97. Maybe he had some heart condition or other health problem.

Have you tried smaller doses like 15-20mcgs? Would be still have chills/shivers at these quantities?

No chills on a subthreshold dose (~10µg) but as soon as i get any noticeable effects i get those pesky shivers for an hour or so

I've tried subtrehold a few times and just don't see the point in having no noticeable effects really, we all love LSD because of how it affects our minds, not for its lack of effects :)

No chills on a subthreshold dose (~10µg) but as soon as i get any noticeable effects i get those pesky shivers for an hour or so

I've tried subtrehold a few times and just don't see the point in having no noticeable effects really, we all love LSD because of how it affects our minds, not for its lack of effects :)

Ok, maybe the reaction of your body is different. Or perhaps your attitude towards micro-dosing is of too high expectations :)

I always used to see LSD as something to take to get smashed, but lately I've been using it in smaller amounts (100-200mcg depending on my mood) for its stimulant and anti-inflammatory properties.

Sometimes I like to take it after work before I go to the gym. It really wakes me up and it's great for aches and pains.

I always used to see LSD as something to take to get smashed, but lately I've been using it in smaller amounts (100-200mcg depending on my mood) for its stimulant and anti-inflammatory properties.

Sometimes I like to take it after work before I go to the gym. It really wakes me up and it's great for aches and pains.

What you call 'smaller amounts' is a full trip dose, I believe. 100-200mcgs? Are you sure your blotters have the amount of mcgs as advertised?
I am curious what do you exactly mean by taking LSD for its anti-inflammatory properties? In what cases do you take it for this purpose? Just generally or you have specific reasons for taking it for that?

What you call 'smaller amounts' is a full trip dose, I believe. 100-200mcgs? Are you sure your blotters have the amount of mcgs as advertised?
I am curious what do you exactly mean by taking LSD for its anti-inflammatory properties? In what cases do you take it for this purpose? Just generally or you have specific reasons for taking it for that?
I am positive that the blotters I have ATM are as strong as advertised. I use psychedelics heavily and up until fairly recently I've always seen LSD as something to go all out on. I generally prefer to take 300-400mcg even though 200mcg does make me trip quite hard.

With regards to the anti-inflammatory properties, I'm talking about muscle stiffness and aches from working a monotonous job and going to the gym regularly. Acid makes me feel fresh after a long day at work and motivates me to go to the gym when I'm feeling tired/lazy.

Man this is so not my thread - I think if you like a mild trip there are better drugs to take with milder less complex action; 2C-C, 5Meo-DALT or whatever.
Blotters are rarely very near advertised dosage so even experience doesn't help since it's all based on BS - psychedelics do seem to have some antiinflamatory value though - DOC came out very high I believe

Iirc it is DOI that has a very strong anti-inflammatory action, and it was David Nichols son Charles who came across this property.

The only reference I can find atm is a new article by him, apparently it also prevents development of asthma in mice.

I am positive that the blotters I have ATM are as strong as advertised. I use psychedelics heavily and up until fairly recently I've always seen LSD as something to go all out on. I generally prefer to take 300-400mcg even though 200mcg does make me trip quite hard.

With regards to the anti-inflammatory properties, I'm talking about muscle stiffness and aches from working a monotonous job and going to the gym regularly. Acid makes me feel fresh after a long day at work and motivates me to go to the gym when I'm feeling tired/lazy.

It's difficult for me to imagine taking 100-200mcgs of LSD just to feel fresh or for muscles aches or to go to the gym. For me such an amount of LSD would be pretty psychedelic. I think that either you don't really have blotters with the amount of acid advertised or you are much less sensitive to the effects of LSD or have high tolerance.
How often do you take acid?
Have you tried blotters from other sources recently - it would give you a chance to compare intensity of effects of different blotters?

It's difficult for me to imagine taking 100-200mcgs of LSD just to feel fresh or for muscles aches or to go to the gym. For me such an amount of LSD would be pretty psychedelic. I think that either you don't really have blotters with the amount of acid advertised or you are much less sensitive to the effects of LSD or have high tolerance.
How often do you take acid?
Have you tried blotters from other sources recently - it would give you a chance to compare intensity of effects of different blotters?
If there is one thing I definitely don't need to do, it's find another source. I found this source a couple of weeks ago and this is without a doubt the best LSD I have ever had in my life. I have had MANY batches from a variety of sources and there is no way in hell these are underdosed.

I don't take acid as often as I take 2C-E.
At the moment I'm probably tripping twice a week on average. At the beginning of the year I was regularly tripping up to 4 times a week, mostly on 2C-E and DOM. Basically I use psychedelics A LOT... way more than anybody else I know.

Tolerance is a factor but this seems to disappear completely after a week of abstinence (after which these drugs will hit me just as hard as they did when I first started).
A few weeks ago I took LSD for the first time in 2 months (200mcg)... it got me blasted but I still ended up going to the gym. I had a great workout, despite the fact I was tripping so hard I could barely see anything. Lifting weights on LSD feels awesome.

I think the more time you spend fucked up on psychedelics, the easier it becomes to function on them.

It's difficult for me to imagine taking 100-200mcgs of LSD just to feel fresh or for muscles aches or to go to the gym.

Yeah same here! AA357 you make it sound like having a cup of coffee or something haha! 100-200ug of lsd has me tripping balls and questioning the nature of reality.

I've noticed that in this thread, people have wildly different ideas of what a low dose of lsd is. For me it means 10-30ug.

Yeah same here! AA357 you make it sound like having a cup of coffee or something haha! 100-200ug of lsd has me tripping balls and questioning the nature of reality.

I've noticed that in this thread, people have wildly different ideas of what a low dose of lsd is. For me it means 10-30ug.
LOL, I wouldn't say it's quite like a cup of coffee! =D

It's hard to explain: basically, LSD doesn't really affect me any differently now to how it did when I first took it. The only thing that has changed is that the mindset has become a lot more 'familiar' - which is because I have spent a large chunk of the past year fried on various psychedelics.
I wouldn't say I am desensitized to it - it's just become a lot less confusing and unpredictable for me. That feeling of vulnerability I used to get from any dose of acid is severely diminished, to the point where I can work out in a busy gym on 200mcg without even feeling that out of place (although I really wouldn't want to dose any higher than that pre-workout). I know it's not something many people do but I love the way lifting heavy weights on acid feels. It blows your head off but it's not a drug that weakens you or impairs your co-ordination.

^ I can relate to what you're saying about how it doesn't impair, and how over time the state looses it's unpredictability. Once I unexpectedly had to perform in front of hundreds and hundreds of people after having taken what was supposed to be 200ug LSD (probably was only 120-150ug actually), and it was not a problem at all. I think it improved my performance a lot actually. It's easy to imagine how that kind of situation could go really wrong, but with faith and confidence, it didn't at all.

Still, I wouldn't call it a small dose!

Last edited:
LOL, I wouldn't say it's quite like a cup of coffee! =D

It's hard to explain: basically, LSD doesn't really affect me any differently now to how it did when I first took it. The only thing that has changed is that the mindset has become a lot more 'familiar' - which is because I have spent a large chunk of the past year fried on various psychedelics.
I wouldn't say I am desensitized to it - it's just become a lot less confusing and unpredictable for me. That feeling of vulnerability I used to get from any dose of acid is severely diminished, to the point where I can work out in a busy gym on 200mcg without even feeling that out of place (although I really wouldn't want to dose any higher than that pre-workout). I know it's not something many people do but I love the way lifting heavy weights on acid feels. It blows your head off but it's not a drug that weakens you or impairs your co-ordination.

^ I can relate to what you're saying about how it doesn't impair, and how over time the state looses it's unpredictability. Once I unexpectedly had to perform in front of hundreds and hundreds of people after having taken what was supposed to be 200ug LSD (probably was only 120-150ug actually), and it was not a problem at all. I think it improved my performance a lot actually. It's easy to imagine how that kind of situation could go really wrong, but with faith and confidence, it didn't at all.

I know this is a low-dose thread, but I'd like to use the chance (while we are talking about this) to ask about this loss of unpredictability in full-dose LSD trips. It is also something I've been a bit concerned about recently.

My first trips were most enlightening. Then, they lost a bit of magic. Is it because there was no more 'the new' factor? Or my attitude towards the trips changed - from well-planned to more spontaneous and fun trips? I am not sure.
I know increasing the dose helps. Choosing the right conditions (setting) for the trip is important. If I trip in the company of non-tripping people, I limit myself to be 'normal' enough to be able to talk or at least to behave more or less 'normal'. I think when you took the 150ug in front of lots of people you probably also had to limit yourself to just do the job. And this is also a kind of LSD magic although a different kind :)

I also wonder how much the micro-dosing affects the tolerance. With my micro-doses of 20-40uq (occasionally up to 80ug-esp for social situations) taken 2 times a week, I usually don't make a long pause (from micro-dosing) before a trip (150-250uq). I usually pause just for 3-4 days, maybe I should not take any acid for at least a week before a trip.

Anyway, I am interested in people's thoughts on these topics.

Last edited:
^ I've tripped on LSD for almost 20 years now, and it's just as magical as it was in the beginning. Re: the "loss of unpredictability", it's more like learning how to operate in that headspace more effectively, which is a desirable type of loss IMO.

Sex is a good analogy. Your first time you really really want to try it, and it ends up being super fun, but kind of weird and messy, and you wonder if you're missing something. Then after some practice you get better at it, more comfortable in a sexual context, and it becomes more awesome. If you have sex really often it can be pleasant, but not as great as if you have a bit of a break in between. And also, you'll never get your virginity back, but it's not really something you miss anyways. LSD is just like that, that's how I see it anyways.

I think you're right about one of the magical aspects of LSD being that you can interact with sober people really easily on it if you believe you can.

Regarding your micro-dosing: the higher end of those numbers sounds higher than "micro-dose", to me. Yes, dosing that often will diminish the magic for sure, even if they are small. You should try pausing for at least a week before a trip. People around here recommend two weeks or even a month between trips! But since your mini doses beforehand are small, maybe a week is good.

It sounds to me like you just need to space it out a bit more, or if you like it the way you're taking it, accept that there won't be full on magic every time.

^ I've tripped on LSD for almost 20 years now, and it's just as magical as it was in the beginning. Re: the "loss of unpredictability", it's more like learning how to operate in that headspace more effectively, which is a desirable type of loss IMO.

Sex is a good analogy. Your first time you really really want to try it, and it ends up being super fun, but kind of weird and messy, and you wonder if you're missing something. Then after some practice you get better at it, more comfortable in a sexual context, and it becomes more awesome. If you have sex really often it can be pleasant, but not as great as if you have a bit of a break in between. And also, you'll never get your virginity back, but it's not really something you miss anyways. LSD is just like that, that's how I see it anyways.

I think you're right about one of the magical aspects of LSD being that you can interact with sober people really easily on it if you believe you can.

Regarding your micro-dosing: the higher end of those numbers sounds higher than "micro-dose", to me. Yes, dosing that often will diminish the magic for sure, even if they are small. You should try pausing for at least a week before a trip. People around here recommend two weeks or even a month between trips! But since your mini doses beforehand are small, maybe a week is good.

It sounds to me like you just need to space it out a bit more, or if you like it the way you're taking it, accept that there won't be full on magic every time.

This is really a great answer. Thanks!

Might be a bit off topic, but low-dose mushroom experiences can be amazing..
havent tried low dose lsd..
but i once dosed 1.5g of dried cubensis.. wasnt expecting much.. a usual threshold trip dose for me is around 2.5-3gms
anyway.. i was listening to music laying in bed.. actually was planning to sleep.. when i felt the most amazing feeling.. there was someone there with me.. i was 100% sure. it was a feminine, warm energy, and personailty.. that i became aware of.. hovering right above me.. as real as if i could reach out and touch it and see it.. it stayed with me for at least 2 hours, and this was the strongest feeling of pure love.. that i have ever experienced in my life.. stronger than any mdma trip.. or anything else.. ever. it was truly amazing, and i still think about it to this day wondering who / what she was.. if she was all in my head.. but no.. im sure she wasnt..

Might be a bit off topic, but low-dose mushroom experiences can be amazing..
havent tried low dose lsd..
but i once dosed 1.5g of dried cubensis.. wasnt expecting much.. a usual threshold trip dose for me is around 2.5-3gms
anyway.. i was listening to music laying in bed.. actually was planning to sleep.. when i felt the most amazing feeling.. there was someone there with me.. i was 100% sure. it was a feminine, warm energy, and personailty.. that i became aware of.. hovering right above me.. as real as if i could reach out and touch it and see it.. it stayed with me for at least 2 hours, and this was the strongest feeling of pure love.. that i have ever experienced in my life.. stronger than any mdma trip.. or anything else.. ever. it was truly amazing, and i still think about it to this day wondering who / what she was.. if she was all in my head.. but no.. im sure she wasnt..

It was a real goddess for sure!;-)

Thanks, that's a nice read!

Have any of you experimented with microdosing 1P-LSD or AL-LAD or any worthwile phens or trypts?

I tried 10ug of 1p-lsd (I cut the blotter in small pieces, so it's more of an approximation) once and I had a really great day, I went to a music festival and danced for two hours straight. But then again I would probably have had a great day no matter what, so I don't know if it really changed anything. I didn't feel any perceptual effects except a slight tension of the jaw during what would have been the come-up (I think I'm sensitive to this though).