• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

As for microdosing, I'd say that cutting blotters works well most of the time. The dosage is difficult to estimate, but 'trial and error' can help pick the right amount for oneself.
I found putting a blotter into a bottle of filtered water that had no chlorine in it worked.

I would drink a small amount of acid water over 4 days, and on the 5th day I would drink the last small amount of water and eat the tab.

Low doses of acid do not make my eyes dilate but neither do high doses. On mushrooms my eyes get very dilated and stay that way hours after I come down from the trip experience.

distilled water is the safest bet imo

Can the solution (acid in distilled water) be kept for a long time without losing much of its potency? Or perhaps blotter is a better way to store acid for longer periods (like months or years)?

blotter is best for long term, but you can keep the solution in a fridge for over a month probably. its heat and light that degrades it so i would put the bottle inside a shopping bag which would keep out light.

i keep my bottle in my cupboard and i don't notice any degradation in potency over a month or so.

Did 40 ug today didnt realise it was going to be that full on...I mean i got on with my day ...just about!

blotter is best for long term, but you can keep the solution in a fridge for over a month probably. its heat and light that degrades it so i would put the bottle inside a shopping bag which would keep out light.

i keep my bottle in my cupboard and i don't notice any degradation in potency over a month or so.

Thanks!
Will blotters last longer stored in the fridge or in the freezer? Or it doesn't make a big difference?

Did 40 ug today didnt realise it was going to be that full on...I mean i got on with my day ...just about!

It happens:) especially when you haven't had LSD/psychedelics for some time and the tolerance isn't an issue. Enjoy!:D

ya sub-threshold doses are best for going about your day.

aka 10-25ug

Thanks!
Will blotters last longer stored in the fridge or in the freezer? Or it doesn't make a big difference?

Yeah, just like any other drug that I know of. I quess there's some chemicals that will be destroyed by low temperatures, never heard about a particular one though and LSD definately ain't one of them. Be aware that moisture can be a problem so use some desiccant (like silica gel) to absorb that. The freezer would be best due to the lower temperature.

Yeah, just like any other drug that I know of. I quess there's some chemicals that will be destroyed by low temperatures, never heard about a particular one though and LSD definately ain't one of them. Be aware that moisture can be a problem so use some desiccant (like silica gel) to absorb that. The freezer would be best due to the lower temperature.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'd also like to ask about another thing - potential health risks due to LSD micro-dosing.
Would regular micro-dosing, (say 15-20mcg) or 'low-dosing' (20-35mcg), two to three times a week, for several months, be harmful to the liver, heart or other body organs?

It's best to do a month on, then a month of not taking lsd. It's a lot less harmful than the most prescribed drugs or peoples recreational usage.

It's best to do a month on, then a month of not taking lsd. It's a lot less harmful than the most prescribed drugs or peoples recreational usage.

This is good news! Actually, LSD feels 'healthy' to me.

A month long pause from regular micro-dosing/low-dosing is long enough to make me miss nootropic effects of LSD - heightened thinking, perception, motivation, mood.
Would 1-2 week long pause be sufficient, too?
Maybe changing drugs used for micro-dosing would not be such a bad idea?
If so, what could be another substance suitable for micro-dosing/low-dosing giving the similar nootropic effects to LSD micro/low-doing? Ideally, the substance would be working with different neurotransmitters or/and receptors so it would not be cross-tolerant with LSD. It could be used with LSD in turns or be taken as LSD substitute during the pause.

2c-family (2c-d?) - probably working with similar receptors/too cross-tolerant with LSD
Noopept? - nice, although not near the same effect as micro/low-dosing LSD. Noopept probably does help with memory, concentration, mood/energy. Not sure how healthy regular noopepting is.
Amphetamine-based? -I don't have any experience. Could micro-dosing them work as a substitute for micro-dosing LSD? I don't like however the greater risk of addiction and potential health risks.
Adderal, ritalin (amphetamine-base) -No experience. Would they be a good idea?
MDMA? -Micro-dosing could boost the mood, not sure about nootropic effects, but there would be stimulation, too. Not sure if doing MDMA regularly (even in micro-doses) be a good idea.
Marijuana? -Small amounts of some energetic sativa, just for stimulation, not too get high. Although still cannabis is confusing and it's nootropic effects are quite limited
Ketamine, MXE? -don't know much about them, but read they might have some potential. Probably not too healthy and might be addictive.

What else to consider?
(typical nootropics probably won't work strong enough to be able to replace LSD micro/low-dosing so I will appreciate 'non-nootropic' suggestions much more)

Last edited:
Thing is that research chemicals have not been 'researched' at all so I am personally against using those substances for microdosing.

Mushrooms and mescaline are viable options.

Thing is that research chemicals have not been 'researched' at all so I am personally against using those substances for microdosing.

Mushrooms and mescaline are viable options.

Research chemicals indeed don't feel very healthy to me. Occasional use should be OK, but as you say, micro-dosing them might not be a good idea at the current state of knowledge.

Mushrooms will probably be similar and very cross-tolerant with LSD.
I've read mescaline have slower tolerance increase on its own and it is not so much cross-tolerant with LSD. Can anybody confirm this?

Any other suggestions or comments on the substances I've listed.

i haven't read anywhere about mushrooms or mescaline being cross-tolerant with LSD, especially at the microdose range.

to be honest, the whole month on month off thing with LSD. the point is not so much to make sure you reduce your tolerance to very close to nil.

the point is to reflect on the changes in behaviour you have experienced and to reflect on how to bring that warmth and connection and excitement to life without LSD.

also to have a sober perspective on reality, which helps to reduce the chances of a disconnect from reality (psychosis)

i know everyone loves hoffman and all. but really i dont think its healthy to take lsd consistently (even twice a week) long term.. remember the effects of acid can last 2 days basically each dose, i personally have experienced the shift in consciousness leading into the next day.

the goal is to experience life with your brain processing reality in a different way, and be able to use that experience as a platform for letting go of old attachments and habits, possibly forming some positive new ones.

i haven't read anywhere about mushrooms or mescaline being cross-tolerant with LSD, especially at the microdose range.

to be honest, the whole month on month off thing with LSD. the point is not so much to make sure you reduce your tolerance to very close to nil.

the point is to reflect on the changes in behaviour you have experienced and to reflect on how to bring that warmth and connection and excitement to life without LSD.

also to have a sober perspective on reality, which helps to reduce the chances of a disconnect from reality (psychosis)

i know everyone loves hoffman and all. but really i dont think its healthy to take lsd consistently (even twice a week) long term.. remember the effects of acid can last 2 days basically each dose, i personally have experienced the shift in consciousness leading into the next day.

the goal is to experience life with your brain processing reality in a different way, and be able to use that experience as a platform for letting go of old attachments and habits, possibly forming some positive new ones.
Out of interest when you say 'one month on, one month off' do you mean a month of consistent daily micro dosing of LSD?

the point is to reflect on the changes in behaviour you have experienced and to reflect on how to bring that warmth and connection and excitement to life without lsd.

...use that experience as a platform for letting go of old attachments and habits, possibly forming some positive new ones.

qft.