• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

Thanks, that's a nice read!

Have any of you experimented with microdosing 1P-LSD or AL-LAD or any worthwile phens or trypts?

I've tried with 2C-D (5-10mg), but not too regularly and I think there is less tolerance problem then with LSD microdosing (15-30ug) with which I have always had a tolerance problem. I don't want to have to double the dose each day, this is why I do it every other or every third day.
I've heard mushrooms have less tolerance and mescaline even less, but I have never had a chance to try it out in microdosing.

I wonder how tolerance of the new LSD-like substances is, but I suspect it will be high like almost all psychedelics.

Last edited:
this is a gd article on microdosing acid

http://www.highexistence.com/microdosing-lsd-psychedelic/

i think i'll get some tabs soon to do my own microdosing experiments

My experience with LSD tolerance is different than claimed in the article ("Building a tolerance is unlikely, but having a normal baseline improves integrity of action."). Actually I notice quite an immediate tolerance on the day after a microdose.

Last edited:
Could LSD microdosing be considered a treatment/medicine for curing 'low natural level of serotonin'?

it is possible that microdosing LSD can be a useful tool for treating depression.

oh i absolutely love low-dose 'trips', i wonder why people don't talk about it more often

full-blown trips are awesome stuff too, but it's just too much to fully and effectively integrate it into sober life, ime

i want to get my hands on these novel research lysergamides so i can dose surgically and do some microdosing, because with street acid - at least my connects - this is impossible

oh i absolutely love low-dose 'trips', i wonder why people don't talk about it more often

full-blown trips are awesome stuff too, but it's just too much to fully and effectively integrate it into sober life, ime

i want to get my hands on these novel research lysergamides so i can dose surgically and do some microdosing, because with street acid - at least my connects - this is impossible

As for microdosing, I'd say that cutting blotters works well most of the time. The dosage is difficult to estimate, but 'trial and error' can help pick the right amount for oneself.

Im quite inexperienced with the stuff but prefer the energy and buzz, feel good factor from low doses. got a festival soon where im gona do a bit of microdosing, i reckon its gona be absolutely amazing! think im gona aim for the 40 ug mark...

As for microdosing, I'd say that cutting blotters works well most of the time. The dosage is difficult to estimate, but 'trial and error' can help pick the right amount for oneself.

I've been wanting to try this, but my fear is that cutting a blotter might be totally off, no? Isn't it possible that everything is concentrated in one spot and not evenly distributed?

40mg is not a micro dose

Cutting up a blotter is not a reliable method for knowing what dosage you are consuming.

I've been wanting to try this, but my fear is that cutting a blotter might be totally off, no? Isn't it possible that everything is concentrated in one spot and not evenly distributed?

The experience shows that most high quality blotters nowadays have LSD evenly distributed so it should be possible to cut to get more or less consistent dosage.

Dissolving acid in distilled water or alcohol looks like more precise method, I only hope that due to the dissolution the acid does not lose any of its potency? Can a chemical-savvy person confirm it?

40mg is not a micro dose

Cutting up a blotter is not a reliable method for knowing what dosage you are consuming.

The title of this thread is a bit ambiguous as 'low-dose' may mean psycholytic dose, which to my understanding is a low psychedelic dose, say 30-60mcg (for some even more) and a micro-dose that is a sub-psychedelic dose, say 10-20mcg (maybe up to 30mcg). The first one is like a micro-LSD trip, the second is more like some stimulating medicine, perhaps anti-depressive drug as well. Previously I've asked if LSD micro-dose could be treated as a cure for 'low natural level' of serotonin. Unfortunately no answers so far. Maybe there isn't enough research in this area so far.

MAPS.org does some psychedelic research - MDMA, psilocibin (magic mushrooms) or LSD for psychotherapy or terminal illness' psychological aid. I haven't heard about ongoing LSD research as a cure for 'low natural level' of serotonin or various psychological disorders. I don't even know if there is something like the 'low natural level' of serotonin. Any psychologists/psychiatrists?

I don't know where to post this , as it is about microdosing AL- LAD and LSZ , [ not LSD ] .... perhaps mods can move it to a more appropriate thread .

I do like dosing LSD in the 200uug - 300ug range , although I don't do it very often ; i generally find single 100ug or so blotters somewhat lacking and underwhelming except at concerts or such events where crowds are present .

Any way after all the initial hype about the legal lysergamides , I stocked up on LSZ and AL - LAD , [ before discovering the DNMs and thus being able to source acid as required .....]
But , after a few experiments , I decided that tripping on LSZ and AL- LAD is not for me as the I am one of those folk badly affected by nausea and body load from these chems - much more so than by LSD . So they went into the freezer for the past couple of years until I read here somewhere about LSD " microdosing " - an interesting notion , so for the past 6 months or so I have been experimenting with LSZ and AL - LAD micro doses .....

In the distant past I had tried out various anti - depressants , prescribed by doctors - Amitryptaline , Fluoxetine ,Prozac , etc , but have never been able to take for long enough for them to start taking effect . After about 3 days I would begin to get headaches and bad bad nausea , thus necessitating discontinuing the treatments ....

Nevertheless , I was intrigued at the notion of low dose lysergamides as anti - depressants and nootropics .
I began with LSZ , cutting the blotters into 9 tiny squares which gives approx 16. 6 ug per square [ the same for AL - LAD ] , and taking one 2 - 3 times a week . I think this is sub - threshold , but I do certainly notice an effect in mood elevation almost immediately . It feels similar to an LSD trip after glow that persists ; possibly because I take it 2 - 3 times a week .
To be honest , I have not yet properly experimented with AL - LAD similarly , although I have cut 1 up into 9 pieces and taken them as per LSZ dosing and the anti depressant effect remained during that period .

Furthermore , I do believe a nootropic effect has also resulted after a few weeks . I feel more enthusiastic about life in general , feel sharper and more alert , and not such a slovenly lazy slob as previously . I am also reading more , and watching less TV lately .

I indeed believe that micro dosing the LSZ is having a most beneficial effect on my state of mind . To date I have not experimented sufficiently with AL - LAD in this manner to be certain , however , speculate the results might be similar .

[ btw , I have only tripped a couple of times since starting this experiment - the desire to do so seems reduced . Before taking LSD , I stopped the LSZ for a few days previously ; and did not notice any reduction in the acid's magic ]

This has certainly been a worthwhile way to use up my otherwise unwanted LSZ , imho .....

Dissolving acid in distilled water or alcohol looks like more precise method, I only hope that due to the dissolution the acid does not lose any of its potency? Can a chemical-savvy person confirm it?

where do you think the lost potency goes? into some black hole to outer space?

not sure how many times i have to say this, LSD is extremely water soluble

where do you think the lost potency goes? into some black hole to outer space?

not sure how many times i have to say this, LSD is extremely water soluble

Thanks for repeating it. I wish I had more knowledge of chemistry!
My thinking was that one chemical can affect another. I remember reading about tap water with chlorine that is not so good for LSD. This is probably why people recommend distilled water or alcohol. Also my thinking was that a substance can change some of its qualities when in a different state (solid, liquid, etc). Anyway, good to know there are no problems like that with acid and water.

I always found micro dosing with lsd worked best when you have access to sizeable batch of acid. Then you can determine the strength of one hit and take an appropriately small piece. Then you can have consistency with your micro trips.

I had good success with low dose amt, 2c-e, and 2c-t-7. I always found though that even with Sub threshold doses sometimes there possibility of surprisingly strong psychedelia. More so when with 2c-e and 2c-t-7.

Some things I enjoy about low doses are increased energy, reduced boredom, fresh perspective without overly apparent alteration of thought processes. I used 2c-e as a smoking cessation aid too with good success. I ended up quitting for 4 years. 2c-e is pretty active at 1-2 mgs if you ask me. Not in your face but still noticeable. T-7 I liked in the 2-5mg range for similar effect

Tryptamines, with the exception of amt, I always thought were much less useful when micro dosing. 4-substituted were too fuzzy or didn't produce a threshold at all, and 5-substituted were too strong, or unpleasant physical sensations were too apparent even at low doses.

Longer lasting substances just always felt like they are better suited for low doses.

For those of you that have taken small doses and gone about with your daily lives, have you noticed any pupil dilatation ?

No, small doses do not affect the pupils in a way that would be noticeable.