• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

Dope = weed

When I started IVing my friend said I might get HIV. I told them I don't and never would share needles and they said you might spontaneously develop it. When I told them it's impossible, they said "you never know". WTF

Merged and thread title edited to make the topic a little more clear.

So, I was at work the other day, talking to some coworkers. One has smoked weed before and the other two - nothing. The second one is super religious, probably never done anything wrong in her life, etc. The third likes to think she knows a lot about stuff because she has a degree and she's just a know-it-all in general. Oh and they all clearly know I do absolutely nothing, I'm all innocent, etc.

So Coworker 1 just started seeing this guy and he started doing a lot of coke. And what he's turned into since he started doing coke. So we're talking about addictions and stuff. They're saying using coke once = addicted. I said that it was possible to use coke without being addicted. I'm like, well if you're using it every day for a few weeks then yeah, that's not good. But if you use it like, once every week or two (or less), then you're not addicted. I said that you CAN use coke and stay safe about it! Of course, they don't really believe that.

Then they are talking about all drugs in general being addicting. I said that there is not one drug where you do it once and you're addicted for life. It takes TIME. Willpower is a big thing, some people are more at risk for addictions than others. Coworker 3 (know it all) is all like "it depends on interactions with your body, etc" which is true yeah but it's true for just about EVERYTHING - like even food ... some people are allergic to certain foods. Thus why allergy tests are important for trying new drugs and testing your drugs before using them are important.

Then coworker 2 (innocent one) speaks up. "I know there are some amphetamines that you can get addicted to if you just try it once". I was like "name one of them". I then went on a list of adderall, mdma, and some other stuff and how they are not addicting after the first try, etc.

Seriously though ... people are thinking some/all drugs are addicting and can kill you (yeah that was brought up too) on the first try???

UUUGGHHHH they frustrate me sooooo much. I know soooo much mor ethan they do about drugs (obviously). The thing is, I'm one of the best employees at my work. My manager knows this and she's trying to get me the full time job. I work 44 hrs/week (can't work anymore) and I'm super efficient. So, all in all, I'm an amazing employee and they know it. But I can NOT use that as proof that coke, amphetamine, etc. usage is fine on occasion!! If they KNEW, then I think they would look at it differently. It's so hard to talk about successful drug users because, if someone is successful at work or something, they can't talk about drug usage!

That when you do LSD it stays in your spinal fluid and when you crack your back you can get high. WTF!

Cocaine makes your nose bleed right after you snort it.

"Bath salts" make people eat other people.

Heroin is the most dangerous and most addicting drug EVER, and once you try it you're addicted.

All drugs will make your pupils incredibly dilated. (Like a cat's)

Just because drugs are illegal they are automatically "bad".

If someone OD's, they need an injection of adrenaline.

The OD scene in Pulp Fiction....

Well off or educated people do not use drugs.

Because alcohol is legal it is completely harmless and not dangerous at all.

Last edited:
Haha I understand the frustration. It annoys me when people speak about the things they "know" when it comes to drugs. Especially when they assume hearsay and anti drug propaganda to be the truth. They speak out without even bothering to check if what they have heard is actually the truth or not. You want to say "No your wrong, actually." but you can't because everyone will think you're some drug fiend if you do.

Spice puts holes in your lungs and makes your brain bleed.
Angel dust is a potent strain of meth.

Straight outta youtube comments : Xanax is molly, and it dehydrates and kills you. Infinite face palm,for when face palm is not enough./

That LSD crystallizes in your spinal fluid and may be leaked out when you crack your vertebrae and you will trip. Bull shit.

so you're telling me my brain on drugs is a healthy and nutritional breakfast to help my brain grow? I should do some drugs!