• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric [Ego-Death Subthread] Why is it a good thing?

I'm happy to know that there is a consensus here that ego-death is a good thing. I still sometimes see some people criticizing some drugs because they have the power to induce such states. IMO, the core of the psychedelic experience lies within this wonderful consciousness explosion. :D

First of all "Ego Death" is permanent.Anyone who says otherwise obviously doesn't know what they are talking about.Simply,put "i"with "it" and stare at the sun.

If achieved,it is not only a curse but a gift.Just close your eyes bro.Trust me you don't want to see it.

When you are identified with the ego then its not a good thing.
When you are identified with consciousness its a good thing.
"Ego death" should be called "ego sleep" because dead things don't come back.

Being identified with the ego is a good thing, we need that in order to function in our illusion of separateness, which we always return to while we're alive. But, not understanding there is anything beyond that can indeed be a bad thing. The result of experiencing an ego death/ego dissolution (my preferred term for it) should not be to suddenly begin identifying the ego as a bad thing and seeking to suppress it at all times. it should be to live one's life as a being with an ego, while understanding that the ego itself is an illusion. This does not diminish its importance or realness to us, but it does help us to look past it when appropriate/necessary.

Our ego is what makes us unique, it's the whole point of this existence in which we experience ourselves as separate from everything else. It's not a bad thing. It's just how it is.

The CIA wanted to use LSD for maoist brainwashing, so they had "Guru" types pushing ego death. Ego death is a method of the sons of the devil.