View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Combinations

ntgn

Bluelighter
Hi, am interested in knowing of things not safe to mix with DXM. Specifically, phenethylamines and tryptamines- is there anything from a physiological standpoint dangerous/unsafe about this?
Am also interested in any opinions about the subjective goods or bads of certain combos, in regards to the quality of experience...
Ketamine I know to be very safe with either and any of the above class of compounds but DXM is a little different I'm told...

Don't ever mix DXM with MAIOs, or alcohol. I know that one for a fact but I'd just say if you absolutely had to mix the Dex with something, then burn a few bowls and get stoned as well as tripped out... anything else could have possibly negative results. Hell, even pot can. Check out the DXM faq at www.erowid.org

yea i been looked at the erowid/FAQ beforehand but couldn't find anything there about the non-amphetamine type phenethylamines(like mescaline, 2C-B, etc) or anything about Tryptamines either...
Can anyone recommend or disrecommend something, like san pedro + DXM or mushrooms + DXM etc etc?

DXM and too much food definately ain't a good combination, leads to puking most times.
DXM and nitrous doesn't sound too good either, apparently makes bulbs last far too long than most people are comfortable with, but if you're a bulb whore, then you'll prolly love it.
As ppl mentioned alcohol= not good and MDMA= heat stoke and serotonin syndrome.
On erowid lots of people seem to have done it with acid with little problems, not sure about mushrooms, 2C group drugs either.

a low dose dxm seemed ok with lotsa pot, bulbs and low dose mushrooms

What are the dangers of consuming pseudoephedrine in dxm? Like 2.5 oz of robo max cough and cold?

Pseudoephedrine will give you a speedy feel, racey heart, ect,.. Its used to make low grade meth. Avoid it in syrups your going to use recreationally.

Is 708 mg of pseudoephedrine really bad for you? Will there be any serious negative affects to your health?

Yes that's an overdose, would you take 7 points of speed? Doing this will make you shake, elevate your heartbeat to dangerous levels, may give you a heart attack and prolly make you dizzy and faint. Read the DXM FAQ on erowid---> only use DXM only containing products when using the drug recreationally.

oh because I took this about 52 hours ago and I've been feelin kinda speedy and have been havin warm flashes. But I do not by any means feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. If I made it over 2 days, you would think that I would be fine right?

Sorry, my mistake, it was more like 450 mg.. 2.5 oz of cough syrup.

Mixing DXM with other drugs

I'm a fairly experienced DXM tripper, using in moderation of course throughout the pass 2 years in various quantities ranging from 350-800mg. I was curious if it was possible to take Xanax or Codeine with it and have a more pleasurable time with the trip.
Has anyone attempted any of the combinations above? Would if be harmful for me to do so?
thanks for the replies everyone

Yeah, it won't kill you. (I'm not saying it's healthy either, who knows). Last week I took 711mg of DXM (8oz Tussin), marijuana, 12 beers, and at the end of the night, 3mg of Xanax to get to sleep. Read my trip report to find out the crazy night I had!
[ 10 July 2002: Message edited by: dan0125 ]

I've taken DXM a lot over the past year and I'd recommend smoking some good weed during the trip. For me it intensifies the trip and has the added benefit of getting rid of any nausea. I've never taken codiene or xanax while on DXM. Maybe you could try them in low doses first to make sure there aren't any problems?

I used to smoke with every DXM trip and I must agree that it intensified the trip quite a bit. Has anyone else tried xanax or codeine with DXM?
Also Dan, can you link me to your report?

Smoking weed and tripping on DXM is pure bliss. When I combine the two, I prefer a lighter DXM trip.

Smoking bud is great while robotrippin but my personal favorite is doing a few bumps of k during the experience.

"Last week I took 711mg of DXM (8oz Tussin), marijuana, 12 beers, and at the end of the night, 3mg of Xanax to get to sleep"
DONT LISTEN TO THIS GUY! mixing alchol and dxm is extreamely dangerous and is a quick way to OD. but to your origional question im not sure about xanax but personally i have taken a few codine pills during a trip and couldnt even feel them i was tripping so hard. Dont waste your time using codine on Dxm but you may have differant results on xanax