What great band have you just discovered?

RareForm said:
I was actually just about to start a thread asking if they were any good, because i saw the CD in Sam Goody yesterday and i thought about getting it, but i didn't know anything about them, i only recognized the record label that they were on...

So would you reccomend the purchasing of the CD regardless of having seen them live???

Yes, it's one of the best I've bought this year.

CocoRosie is the muthafuckin shit yo.

faithfully dangerous: check them out, i'm sure YOU would like them! :D

If any of you are looking for a new band to check out I would suggest listening to Days Like These. They're a great band that is on a obscure lable. I dont know if too many record stores carry their cd or not seeing that I got my copy on this summers Warped Tour. They have a unique sound; mellow yet in your face. If you dont already have their cd Charity Burns Green, I highly recommed that you purchase a copy. You will not be dissapointed.

The Dillinger Escape Plan absolutely fucked with my head!!!! I haven't anything thats been that much of a mindfuck since I discovered cryptopsy.

Goatsblood - Drull : This album has taken what I thought about heavy music and thrown it on it's head. This is some of the most depressing/dissonant yet strangely melodic music I have heard in a long time. They are also the slowest band I've ever heard and really made me appreciate slow music. They completely define the term sludge metal.

DJ Shadow - This is how I've always envisioned hip hop and I've always(until now) been very dissapointed.

"say anything"... they are fucking brilliant in a bitter indie rocker sorta way

I've really been digging the arcade fire's latest release funeral, but I just had a chance to see them live; unbelievably astounding. Check them out!

Also, they've got tour dates all over the states right now, so if you see that they're playing in your city/town, I can't say this enough: go.

^^^bwahahahaha didn't even think about that.

coming to you live: it's funeral!!!! (liek omg!!!11)