• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex)

I took two one. Yeah, stood up...sounded like I just phished out on nitrous. High blood pressure. Shit's super walk.

Oh, and there's a couple kinds of psychosis. Schizo affective/phrenic psychosis usually effect the 5-HT2/HT1 receptors of the brain. Thought disorder anyone?

I suffer from mania at times, which is what you said...dopaminergic. It's no surprise why they give dopaminergic effecting drugs to manic people, where as something ...dude, I'm sure you get it. I'm done explaining. I forgot the words. Skeeeetchhhhheeeeeddd.

This drug is worth a test drive imho. But i'm not too keen on eating cotton or having nasty goddamn lavender burps or some of the other peripheral side effects. If ( pretty much if i get bored and decide to spend money to extract ) i ever use again i'll need to extract propylhexedrine and combine with benzodiazepines.

center said:
I took two one. Yeah, stood up...sounded like I just phished out on nitrous. High blood pressure. Shit's super walk.
Yah that's a major concern IMO... I've read about people blacking in/out of consciousness on it too, which is REALLY freaky. Never happened to me (not even a headache) but the thought of a weak blood vessel in someone's brain being hit with this sh*t makes me shudder.

That said, it's well worth the risk IMO if you're willing to be cautious and use it in gradually increasing amts to make sure you can tolerate it. The high is really quite good, to a point... beyond a certain dose just feels like utter shite though. But IMO the stuff is an entactogen and makes your skin feel AMAZING... not just an ordinary stimulant. Try taking a hot shower on the stuff, mind blowing.

That is true. It is tactile.

I've wondered about sex. It doesn't seem to inhibit that.

Yeah, I was worried about the blood pressure as well. It passed. It was also caused by, let's see...dehydration. Go figure.

The body load is quite crap. I still don't accept the duration of the hangover for that buzz, either.

jasoncrest said:
Can anyone tell me how does Propylhexedrine compares with BZP?
(they're both stimulants with very pronounced side effects, they seem similar in a way; did anyone try the both?)

I actually prefer propylhexedrine to BZP. BZP/TFMPP in combo is certainly more euphoric than propylhexedrine, but the stinky stuff on its own isn't half bad. It lasted longer, with less of a comedown, than the BZP. The headache I got afterward wasn't as bad, either.

Overall, I've had a couple study days where the P-Hex got my through a massive amount of metabolism studying with minimal breaks. It's better for focus than the BZP. It's not super "fun", but boy, it wakes me up, for a LONG time, and there's a slight mood boost to boot. In the end, I'd rather have Adderall, but it sure beats caffeine. I personally recommend using as LITTLE as possible (Like half a cotton) and seeing what that does for you. More is NOT better.

More is less. We've all learned that. I learn it every day.

As my last post on this, I must say to sum up... add the fact the stuff is legal, available in every corner drug-store, AND fairly reasonably priced (i.e. well under 10 bucks/high, cheaper if you get it on sale/online) and it strikes me as one of the best OTC highs, period. Granted, it's not for everyone... then again, what is. DXM is even less "not for everyone" but it's well liked by a hardcore fan base... propyl deserves a fanbase too IMO.

Well, I'd agree with you on OTC reguards. Dex is childsplay? I didn't think people did that anymore due to the overwhelming evidence that you do way more harm then what the high is worth.

I don't get that just like I don't get people who roll every week. Yeah yeah, so what if you're depressed from your roll last week. Fucking deal with your problems instead of taking a five hour escape with a two week consequence.

Most drugs aren't worth it. Not in excess.

They're all worth it, save some, in moderation.

PiotrZak said:
Neurotoxicity aside, I would guess that regular propylhexedrine use would carry the same increased risk of stroke/heart attack as amphetamines. The FDA presumably approved it only for use in the (tiny) intended doses.

Hmm... I haven't experienced much elevated heart rate/BP on propylhexedrine, though I did feel light-headed when I got up suddenly in the night after having taken 250mg earlier that day. Isn't that a symptom of low blood pressure, though?

Maybe taking some aspirin along with it would be a good idea? I have to say I'm not really that worried about heart attacks or strokes, I'm a young guy with no history of BP troubles and I don't use the stuff to excess.

Bodhi, I really advise using it often.

Certain things don't 'feel right'. This is one of them.

All I can do is post my personal experience with this garbage-my advice: stay the fuck far the fuck away. If you want to get high, there are many alternatives. This stuff does NOT get you high, unless you find feeling sick and having a serious near-heart attack "high." For the individual that swore by this stuff, go ahead-keep using it. When you get tired of this, there is always gold paint-i heard you can get "supa high, yo" from a bit of the gold and a plastic bag.

Morale of the story, read the numerous accounts of people who have tried it and warn strongly against making the same mistake.

This. Stuff. Is. Garbage.

-swybs

The Monkey Mantra said:
I actually prefer propylhexedrine to BZP. BZP/TFMPP in combo is certainly more euphoric than propylhexedrine, but the stinky stuff on its own isn't half bad. It lasted longer, with less of a comedown, than the BZP. The headache I got afterward wasn't as bad, either.

Overall, I've had a couple study days where the P-Hex got my through a massive amount of metabolism studying with minimal breaks. It's better for focus than the BZP. It's not super "fun", but boy, it wakes me up, for a LONG time, and there's a slight mood boost to boot. In the end, I'd rather have Adderall, but it sure beats caffeine. I personally recommend using as LITTLE as possible (Like half a cotton) and seeing what that does for you. More is NOT better.

Now I tried it, even less than what you suggested, I used 83,3mg (one third of a cotton). It was extremely unpleasant, it felt like 50mg-75mg Ephedrine..... Horrible!!!!

BZP is MUCH better, it gives me an euphoric mood life in low doses while Propylhexedrine is just nasty peripheral stimulation.....

I'll add my experience here as well...this morning, I took one Benzedrine cotton insert (250 mg of polyhexedrine) and dropped it into a strong cup of coffee and drank it down....prior to doing this, I took 2 50mg atenolol tablets, as I have moderately high BP was anxious about a potential hypertensive crisis...

absolutely no ill effects or yucky taste....after I finished the cup, I toook out the cotton insert and stuck in my cheek and sucked out the remaining juices...taste was HORRIBLE.....to my surprise, there was a real strong blast from this, leading me to believe that the polyhex is only partially water soluble....within 20-30 minutes I began to feel definitely tweaked and real nice.....thinking process sharp and crystal clear, no anxiousnes at all, and a lovely skin tingling that reminded me of the effects of strong dose of kava kava...

BP 140/95, pulse 67, diastolic BP a tad higher than normal but nothing to worry about...all in all, a decent little drug, nothing to write home about, but good for a boost if you are feeling low.

I haven't experiened the come-down yet, but I know that could be roguh so I'll add my experience on that later

well, this drug seems to be pretty well hated amongst the majority of people, leading me to believe i'll love it. i love dxm, think it's one of the best drugs around, i'd rather chug down cough syrup than get drunk any day.
and i hated meth. it's called shit for a reason. it just didn't seem like anything special, i was numb, whoopee. so i'd try this, take some benadryl for the comedown. no problem.
and my stomach can handle just about anything so i'll betcha i get minimal discomfort throughout the whole experience.
parachuting it seems like a good idea, and maybe drinking a bunch of lemon juice like someone said? since it's so base do you think drinking something acidic would balance the ph?

well, it certainly relieved my depression....problem is, it wore off.....the come-down isn't bad just sort of leaves you where you started...which, for me, is depressed..

The odd thing is that while it lasted, I felt like I wanted it to continue and could see myself getting more.....but now that is has wore off, I have no immediate desire to do it again right away, I think it kind of fries you a little, but I can see the addictive potential here.

One side note: the Benzedrine had an expiry of Sept-07, so it may not have been as fresh as it could have been. Frankly, that's a relief, because it was strong enough as is....also, in addition to the 100mg of atenolol, I had about 15mg of morphine (2.5 jumbo pods) prior to dosing, which definitely helped manage the side effects. I would not try this without something to counteract the hypertension and heart rate increase.

I don't who these ppl are that are taking 400-500mg??? That would have sent me into orbit.

EDIT: Still haven't stop sweating, that's kind of a nuisance.

Last edited:
here in north east texas i find them about 20 min away in another small town for about six buck each. i purchased and took one about four months ago....and the high, for me was similar to ritalin high.....almost amph. like, but just not there.. was enjoyable when i was into stimulants and before i found opiates (mostly h)

This is definitely kind of a weird niche high that will not appeal to most people -- it will definitely keep you awake and give you energy of sorts, but the body load is pretty uncomfortable. In any case it is not something one would healthily want to do more than once every couple of months and probably only then with some herbs to smoke (for the body load and for getting to sleep afterwards). The effects it has on the heart/blood pressure makes me think it would NOT be safe to go to the gym or do heavy physical activity while using this stuff!

Also: please, it is really bad to eat the cotton from these inhalers! The body cannot digest them properly and the cotton can build up into the digestive tract. If you must experiment with this drug (which I do not recommend!) it is possible to cut the inhaler into a couple of pieces and soak them in cold liquid (and stir and squeeze the cotton periodically) to soak the chemicals out into the liquid, which is then drunk.

Please do not eat cotton!

its a good high actualy. much more euphoric than racemic amphetamine. not as good as dexedrine. its right in the middle there, with E right above those,and meth at top (thats just my persona opinion scale)