• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex)

I let it soak for 24-28hrs and then drank the liquid it was in, and it only didn't get me that high.
I mean, Definitely wasn't as high as i was when I just stuck the cotton in capsules and popped them that way.
Plus the mixture tasted fucking FOUL. the lavender burps weren't that big of a deal either way though.
I have an inhaler that I bought a couple days ago and its just sitting here.. lol, I'm trying to figure out when a good time to do it is.

Also I think Propylhexedrine definitely makes my heart beat wayyyy too fast (more than other stims) and for way longer

Hadn't done it since last summer, tried it again (250mg). The lemon juice extraction 100% works. Use a real lemon, squeeze the cotton with a spoon in a cup with the lemon juice. Let it sit (with some more squeezing) for maybe half an hour. Down the juice (it will still taste terrible, menthol sucks). This will get you 90+% of the propylhexedrine out of the cotton. Trust me, it's not worth eating afterwards.

This stuff is more euphoric (and honestly, more psychedelic) than your typical amphetamine. Fun for the occassional fling. Just don't eat cotton.

Tried this once, had significant bladder pain while urinating, after which I started drinking [booze] and it didn't happen again. It'll scratch your itch for strong stims if you have nothing else available, but I found the effects much less pushy than, and lacking in euphoria compared to, meth\amp (not that that's surprising). Haven't tried it again due to worry over said pain.

Tried this once, had significant bladder pain while urinating, after which I started drinking [booze] and it didn't happen again. It'll scratch your itch for strong stims if you have nothing else available, but I found the effects much less pushy than, and lacking in euphoria compared to, meth\amp (not that that's surprising). Haven't tried it again due to worry over said pain.

When you say amp, do you mean adderall? I took 90mg (3x30mg crushed er) of adderall last weekend, and didn't feel euphoria anywhere near one extracted rod (~250mg?), though certainly more stimulation. Everyone responds differently I guess. Certainly nowhere as pushy as cocaine/MDMA, never tried meth.

These were on sale for like $4 in NorCal, so why not if you're craving the stim?

^Yeah, my regular amphetamine experience is limited to that. Of course those were only a couple early experiences, the majority of my stim experience is vaped meth (not counting coke used for speedballing). From one lemon juice extracted rod I didn't get any real euphoria, I was able to talk a leg off a chair and all that stuff, and my thought processes were identical to those of stronger stims, but I didn't feel as much physical stimulation, and the mood lift, while present, was not too strong.

Though the lack of pushiness might be a positive for some.

So here's an interesting and novel (I hope) question. Let's say someone were to use the following ingestion method:
1. Cut the white parts of the cotton off.
2. Cut the remaining yellow/brown parts into 6-10 pieces.
3. Stuff the pieces into empty gelcaps and swallow.

So far, so good. No bad taste, lavender burps, or nausea. Here's my question:

1. It's fairly common knowledge that Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) taken prior to stimulants is a pretty effective potentiator. However, since the cotton is being ingested, rather than an acidic extraction or propylhexedrine powder, would this still hold true? Would basifying your stomach actually hinder the absorption since your stomach / intestines need to "extract" the propylhexedrine from the cotton?

2. Also, is a significant amount of propylhexedrine lost from the cotton while cutting it up into smaller pieces? Would pulling it apart be better, or perhaps leaving the yellow/brown portion of the cotton whole once the completely white portions have been removed?

P.S.
I guess I could avoid these possible problems if I just did a simple extraction, but I think the taste / burps would be worse using a simple lemon juice extraction, since then you have to actually let the menthol and lavender touch your tongue and throat. Am I wrong about that? Of course, a proper extraction to obtain ~pure propylhexedrine powder would avoid ALL of these issues, but I'm not really looking to invest that kind of time and effort for a once in a great while Benzedrex high =P

P.P.S.
Sorry for the verbose rant. I'm on propylhexedrine =P

Well after reading more than my fair share of the information both here and abroad on propylhexedrine I've decided I had to chime in. A lot of these posters seem to think they know best which makes me chuckle considering the type of forum we're on only seems to exist because of the powers that be feel they know best....

I'm liable to try anything provided I can do a little research first and that proclivity lead to my experimentation with this substance. I believe someone had mentioned it in passing on a thread on a popular link sharing site and as I had not heard of it before I began searching the internet for more information and as of now have probably consumed 6 Benzedrex over the course of a few weeks. I figured I would share my experience without judgment for others who have similar inclinations as me.

The first time involved eating the cotton, I parachuted it and chased with beer and soda. It wasn't a pleasant route of administration but I will say in roughly an hours time I felt some rushing on my extremities and sound somewhat crystallized, reminded me (just a little) of the feeling one gets after peaking on mushrooms. Ya know, when you're not quite frying but you're definitely not sober and it's just so easy to smile and smoke. It was pretty good that first time, I geeked out on the computer and absolutely shredded through pages and pages of reading on my tablet towards the end of the experience when I was trying to relax for some sleep.

I waited about a week until the next try and this time I went with soaking it in lemon juice which has become my preferred method. I've tried differing times of soaking from 1hr, 24hr and 48hr plus. I never quite got back to that same level as the first time which could be due to tolerance but I also feel some form of evaporation is taking place over extended soak times. So what I've come up with are the tiny pint (?) size mason jars, they stand maybe 2-3 inches tall. Simply put the cotton in, add lemon juice and secure the lid. I usually add enough to cover the top of the cotton but this is not necessary as you simply shake it in your hand. Quickly, and I do mean quickly the cotton nearly disintegrates into a mushy lump, which I then squeeze between two plastics spoons and discard. I put the juice into a cup as the jars tend to dribble and drink it on down followed by a green apple slice which does wonders to clear your palate.

Within an hour there is marked cessation of any fatigue you might be feeling, it really is quite amazing in that respect and I am eager to experiment with more “therapeutic” doses to isolate this effect. But quickly a small sense of welling being sets in along with an occasional bit of tingling or rushing over the next 2-3 hours. I've never been able to quite get that “good-time” feeling as the first but I'm not willing to eat cotton though if I happen across some gelcaps I may try that route. So that being said, that leaves me with about 5 experiences as described above. It does remind me a lot of Adderall, at least compared with the few times I had tried it. The vascoconstriction can be quite noticeable, but it is certainly no worse than Adderall.

Overall it's fun if not outright pleasant. Computer work becomes much less tedious and my pace in reading is heightened and I feel undiminished in comprehension or retention. Video games can be fun but I find them hard to get into without a bowl (or two) to smoke on. Beer can be really fun and talking with a partner can blow by an hour or two easy. As for the negatives I do feel my blood pressure was heightened but I have not measured this yet and even after the initial 4-6 hours of fun sleep can be slow to come the rest of the night. Sweating can be an issue at anything above room temp, most around my hair and beard. There is some amount of bruxism but nothing a piece of gum doesn't alleviate totally. The next day can also be quite drowsy but manageable with some caffeine or perhaps some kratom. Another thing I noticed about the day after is I feel really mellow and chill, slow to anger and quick to look past things that normally irk me. Maybe I'm just to tired to be the asshole I normally am but it's definitely something I've noticed with regularity.

Overall I like this substance and after this initial experimentation I would say it wouldn't be to bad for a Friday night or two once a month in the future.

Last edited:
I only did 250mg when I tried it and it made me feel very weak and light-headed. Not a good feeling but I am not opposed to trying it again. Adderall can make me feel that way sometimes too. Anyone who has done them before think there's a better way than soaking the cotton in lemon juice and squeezing the medication out? The lavender and menthol flavor is by far the worst thing I have ever tasted in my life.

ive heard (from this thread I think) that swallowing cotton can lead to blockage problems or something.

my experience/ train of thought

no I think soaking/drinking is probably the best roa, though yeah, the taste is horriblke. ive found that plugging my nose, then doing it like a shot of liquor, with a hefty amount of chaser like oj or something works good and I hardly taste it. Today was my second time, and I think I had some left over from my first time because I remember soaking, straining, and squeezing the cotton into a shot glass worth of lemon juice each time and I took my first dose after the second soak about 3 hrs soaking time total) but then I levft the cotton in a shot glass of juice overnight and it still stunk pretty good, so I added that with a fresh batch of a single cotton cut up and soaked in shot glass of juice for probably 5 hrs first soak, then let it soak in fridge overnight, and again soaked second cotton overnight. I don't know if its losing potency from evaporation but I was hoping to let the menthol and lavender scent disperse. not even sure if it did, but this second time, I have been on an antibiotic (biaxin) for 3 days and after ingesting juice mixture, got pretty nauseous but didn't puke. I tried to walk up to the bus stop about 2-3 hours after ingestion, but became so light headed that I was getting some visuals. so the first time I did it, I soaked for less time and felt more euphoria from it than this time. I remember the first time feeling like I had done some mdma for about an hour or 2 complete with closed eye visuals and tingling body buzz. im about to do a half cotton soak now to try to catch that first buzz, but I wont go any higher after reading about people overdosing or having bad experiences from just 500 mg. the only reason I tried these was because im monitored by urinalysis several times a week. pretty sure I haven't tested positive for meth or anything yet, but still worry it could happen due to the similarities of chemical structure and the lab that does my testing has a 250,000$ machine apparerntly, which caught me one time 6 days after I had done like a gram of crack. 6 fuckin days! so anyway, amazed these can be bought otc but obviously a very dirty, shitty drug altogether(especially because of the added mentholand lavender)

I agree, except for the d-amp.. different strokes. I personally have never gotten any nasty lavender/menthol burps when using the lemon juice extraction, either. The only time I did have burps was when I actually swallowed the rod(cut up) due to not having any lemon juice.

The only thing I do not like about propylhexedrine is its effect on the cardiovascular system. However, my autonomic nervous system is a tad out of whack at times which may contribute to my racing heart.(more so than addys or meth) Sometimes I'm fine, sometimes my heart will race a bit more.

I've considered extracting using HCL or some other solvent and reduce it to a powder, but figured I'd be losing some of the active ingredient, and thus far the lemon juice method has worked just fine.

I'm actually curious as to why some people absolutely hate this stuff, some even calling it a "dirty high", while others, like me, enjoy it. It does its job just fine. Perhaps they are expecting something different or their bodies react to it differently. I haven't experience nearly as bad of a comedown from hex than addys or meth. After a couple day addy binge, I'm just down in the dumps, grumpy as all hell.. even after I get sleep. I may just attribute to sudden drop in serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine levels. But, with hex I do not get that, if only just a tad. It's more of the psychological aspect thing like "I want some more", though not in a fiendish way.

As far as I'm concerned, it's one the better OTCs we have left. If only they weren't $7 each 250mg inhaler.

I found them on amazon 15$ for 3 and free shipping

You need to make sure that you have a ph-neutral extract w/o any of the lavender or menthol oils. Otherwise, it might feel like you plugged a habenero. ;)

Unknown, due to insufficient research data. It seems to be a bit more dangerous than more potent stimulants. The high ratio of peripheral to central effects leads to additional cardiac strain. Injecting extracts has killed a few people because of this.

No studies have assessed receptor affinities or releasing propensity (it was looked at as a decongestant, near clinical doses). A decent guess might be similarity to meth, but with reduced potency and propensity to cross the BBB...and way more adrenergic effects. It IS the same as meth, with the phenyl group replaced by cyclohexane.

How dangerous can we guess it to be? Probably "pretty bad". It could be uniquely neurotoxic at monoamine transporters for whatever reason...have whichever toxic metabolites, and so on. The similarity to meth suggests possible meth-like neurotoxicity (DA AND 5ht efflux). It could have 5h2b agonism...and so on.

Some people, including me, get mild visuals. I think they look like those of dissociatives or pot. I have no idea why this is. It's also a bit 'spacier' and has a crazy synergy with n2o for me (perhaps even better than with mdma). What the hell?

My pupils dilate a good bit too...and there's a spaciness and body feel similar to meth, which brings teh 5ht action, so maybe phx does too.

I think that the initial high is on par with adderall, but the after-effects are quite ridiculous. I wish that its adrenergic agonism could just be abolished. ;)

sorry to ramble. :)

ebola

im quite thankful for your posts, and was wondering how much you usually do? what do you think the likelihood is of someone failing a drug test from using these the day before a test? after my reaction today with severe light-headedness I would be scared to try some n2o with it.

ebola is right. what you need is called an acid extraction. It changes the freebase (which is NOT water soluble) into a salt(which IS water soluble). I dreamt I did this like 500 times

I also dreamt I was in a well ventilated room

i would take 3 of the cottons side by side, sprinkle 1cc of pool strength HCL acid evenly over them, followed by 3 tablespoons of distilled water, then squeeze out the water/propylhexedrine.hcl mixture, then evaporate the water in a pyrex dish over gentle heat like a hair dryer, or maybe in front of a big AC unit (which blows out extremely dry air) then scrape it up to get about a gram of fluffy sparkly white powder that burns like hell when you snort it, but blasts damn well

IMPORTANT: make sure ALL the water is evaporated. DONT RUSH

youre probably thinking...Hydrochloric acid?!!?? no way!!! but remember, theres HCL acid in your stomach, and HCL in damn near every medication youve ever taken. Its the cheapest/easiest way to turn a non-water soluble alkaloid into a water soluble salt. And as long as you evap all the water, any excess HCL will drift away as a gas

if you go the heat route, be careful, as it doesnt take much heat to turn the stuff brown, and I dont know how much heat it takes to degrade the stuff

But it would be better to turn the stuff brown than to leave any liquid behind.

I recommend parachuting, because if you left any acid at all behind, it would be bad to use a needle.

yes, even as someone who <3's his IV, I would agree. this sounds awesome though because it no longer tastes like menthol and lavender I assume. I imagined the HCL acid as a powder until I looked at your post again and saw 1cc as that would be a regular syringe full of a liquid right? how do you dose with the end result powder?? a little at a time or what? and I assume u can just put the powder in a gelcap, or even a little t.p. parachute, or dissolve in a drink right? thanx for this , im glad I found it!

Man when I took this stuff I litterally beat my dick raw. I was able to achieve orgasm after orgasm. If it didn't taste like shit or wreak havoc on my cardio this woul be the perfect drug for sex.

Yesterday I did drugs for the first time ever. On Friday night I stole 10 50mg pills of vyvanse from my cousin, yesterday I took one, and everything was great, I loved everyone, I was focused, I planned out the next 13 years of my life. I mended friendships, I strengthened relationships, and I started working through some issues I had. I felt great! But I only have 9 left, I'll probably be able to steal some more on Friday, but until then I have to use it wisely and maybe even use some other stuff. I have one question about how old you have to be to buy this stuff, benzedrex. I'm thirteen so wouldn't it look a little iffy for me to buying those?

I'm not interested in seriously abusing this stuff like some people at all, just used in the prescribed dosage as a slight pick me up.

I tried it for the first time today, and read the directions, searched google and looked through this thread for the answer to this question, and while it may be in here (appologies if it is) I could not find it.

Just like Afrin and other nasal sprays it says "do not use for more than 3 days in a row or it will cause side effects"...basically gunking you nose up again badly.

I'm just interested in knowing, AFTER using it for 3 days, how long does one need to wait to use it again so that there will be no side effects? A week? A few weeks?

I could never find the answer to this for Afrin either.

Thanks

Last edited:
i have eaten a few of these and i can honestly say, the flavor additives really ruined it for me. it tasted gross as fuck when you burp. Any time I smell lavender i get nauseous now lol. The effects are definitely speedy and well pronounced at even one cotton.

Extracting the propylhexedrine is easy, so there's no reason to subject yourself to the side effects of that nasty garbage in your stomach. You just soak it in vinegar (I did 45 min, then another 30 with a new batch of vinegar), separate the oils out with a non polar solvent like xylene, and evaporate. That's all there is to it! It's definitely euphoric and does improve your attention span. It's well worth giving it a try. Using the above method I tasted and smelled no evidence of lavender or menthol at any point and had no stomach upset.