• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Personas

I am pretty much the same online and offline.

I can't be bothered with a Clark Kent alter ego.

But then again, Superman is pretty cool... and I sure could use another cape in my collection.

Hmm. I have much to ponder.

up all night said:
If you're referring to the content of an argument then majority does not necessarily rule but in this instance I'm talking about how someone is perceived, which is much more cut and dried.

If you have a whole group of people watching your behaviour and thinking that you are prone to over-reacting and have a victim complex, then that's the image you're portraying. That might not actually be how you feel, but it's what we see, and how our judgements are formed.

Well i guess i can't help how other people percieve me through my words. I wish i could be more articulate and eloquent in my writing and be able to express my thoughts better so people don't misunderstand me but i'm much better face to face.

I just hate being misunderstood and seen as something i am not thats all. It's frustrating.

doofqueen said:
Well i guess i can't help how other people percieve me through my words. I wish i could be more articulate and eloquent in my writing and be able to express my thoughts better so people don't misunderstand me but i'm much better face to face.

perhaps your vocabulary and articulation are fine. perhaps its your thoughts that people are misunderstanding you by?

doofqueen said:

hmmm...now the fact that I'm loathe to make these points because you will interpret it as an attack is another matter entirely, but in the spirit of free speech I'll give it a shot. NB: I'm honestly trying to help here so that you can find a happy medium between leaving the board and the whole "i don't give a fuck" attitude, which i don't buy for a second (remember i read your LJ ;))

That quoted post smacks of shirking blame - something which I think in this forum you are too willing to do DQ. "they misinterpret me" "they're picking on me"

Not true. The onus (for the most part) is on you to present your thoughts in a way that people can not only comprehend, but relate to (if that is what your aim is).

Of course you can alter how people perceive you through your words on here. It's a written medium that enables you to tailor and edit your voice to the nth degree. If you're finding people are misunderstanding you how about taking a step back from the situation and instead of getting fired up because you feel persecuted, have a look at the words, tone, and message that your posts have conveyed and instead of retaliating with more insults which only serve to exacerbate the situation - IGNORE THEM and perhaps try explaining your point of view in a different way that perhaps your audience could relate to.

It is frustrating to be misinterpreted and have feelings and opinions and nuances or whatever attributed to you unfairly, but being sulky and defeated at what you call an inability to express yourself doesn't make it any easier.

I can only suggest from my experience when I get incredibly irritated at being taken the wrong way, leave it for a few minutes, hours whatever and come back to the thread or whatever in a better frame of mind. Anger breeds misinterpretation - spur of the moment defensive comments that seem to make you feel better at the time will only add fuel to the fire.

This latest dose of david from BB-esque self-righteousness has been brought to you by the letter J. xx :)

Mary Poppins said:
Not true. The onus (for the most part) is on you to present your thoughts in a way that people can not only comprehend, but relate to (if that is what your aim is).

:(

note the qualifying: if that is what your aim is

i've no doubt you thoroughly enjoy being deliciously enigmatic UnSquare <3

That quoted post smacks of shirking blame - something which I think in this forum you are too willing to do DQ. "they misinterpret me" "they're picking on me"

I've already said that i obviously don't express myself properly so i don't think i am playing "victim" and i didn't say people were picking on me at all. Maybe in other threads i say "oh poor doofqueen, always getting picked on" but it's usually followed by a wink but i guess that wink gets lost in my humour about the whole situation of what i'm referring to and people miss it.

and what if i am talking about things that the majority can't relate to or don't think the same way as me? How am i supposed to convey what i want to convey when people just assume i mean one thing cos of past "hissy fits" ?

anyway - I didn't want this thread about me. It wasn't intended to be so. I was not talking about anyone in particular but rather a general view on internet personas.

I DO get what you're saying though MP. Really i do. :)

doofqueen said:
and what if i am talking about things that the majority can't relate to or don't think the same way as me? How am i supposed to convey what i want to convey when people just assume i mean one thing cos of past "hissy fits" ?

Answer this: Why would people not be able to relate to what you say?

This should be easy for you to answer!

because i'm talking about something they don't agree with and have different ideas on so it's hard for people to relate to....hense me not being able to make it relatable

?

DQ - I know you didn't want this thread to be about you, so sorry if I am making it seem like you are making it seem like that (talk about not expressing yourself ;))

The thing is, I think you are so hell-bent that your views are so different to people on this forum that you pre-emptively strike and misconstrue a lot of genuine curiosity or logical opposition as attacks.

To give you a concrete example - you started a feng shui thread once, and I and some others posted in it actually curious but not 100% convinced of it (it's something i've actually thought about doing heaps in my life, just haven't read enough and got around to it). yes there were some people giving you shit, but the majority of people were genuinely interested. you responded (only to the people who had bagged it out mind you) with a tantrum.

Negative reactions stand out more than positive or neutral reactions, and the truth is that with such a diverse member base, you're usually always going to get at least 1 negative reaction, but don't paint everyone with the same brush, mmk? :)

^^ that was AGES ago though and i have already talked to you about that. I would like to think i don't do that anymore (as much anyway) I already admitted just before that i have had hissy fits. I am trying not to now a days and taking that advice on board....

I post a new perspective on things all the time. I don't have that problem.

See: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=263010 for an example [btw... not trying to brag... just help you out by showing an example.]

It's not your differing view that gets people fired up. It's how you present it! If you can present something well, you'll earn the respect of other posters. It's as simple as that!

So I'll repeat my above question: Why would people not be able to relate to what you say?

MoeBro said:
To save embarassment to everyone else who would witness such a confrontation, maybe?

I don't run up to people I dislike and start mouthing them off when they say something I don't agree with. I just avoid them and give them deathstares, only speaking if it is vital to keeping from making the situation awkward for other people.

Perhaps you should stop assuming everybody you meet is a friend, is someone who loves you and all your hippie, hair loving ways and just assume that they're impartial.
It will help any later disappointments.

I wasn't going to say anything because I dont have any real interest in debating any topic, ever, with moebro, but I read this post and have to say its seems a bit gutless that you feel that you can openly abuse someone on line (yes, I know your "diseased motherfucker" post was aimed at me, I have been called worse by a lot better :)) yet you dont seem to be able to stand up for your convictions in person. But agreed, it is for the best interests of mutual friends that spats are not continued in person, in front of others as a measure of politeness.

But have you forgotten the same bloody people you associate with off the board are actually reading this on the board or doesnt that count?

In a way, acting one way on the board and another in person makes you a fake internet persona. But whatever, each to their own, I am sure that most people you follow around whilst questioning their intelligence would have very little interest in getting to know you off the board anyway.

DQ- I deleted my last post because these days I dont want to associate with or even acknowledge the existence of the internet personas that I really dont care for anymore. Why bother when there are so many people who are actually interesting and PLEASANT to be around?

I dont think its a case of misunderstanding people here. People are very easily figured out from their posts, even unsquare's- he seems like such a likeable character that I would love to get to know, in spite of me having to drink heavily to understand the gist of what hes saying.

Its a case of people just not liking each other if they dont get along on the board- sure, some misunderstandings can happen when a relative newb comes along and doesnt know what a person is like yet. I actually thought moe was a lovely guy when I met him. I did not read his posts though. Now I have and realise hes just a cunt and best on the old ignore list. I suggest you do the same.

Jeez, life is too damn short to spend it arguing with someone you dont give two shits about anyway.

Thats my 2c on the situation.

And yes, I am actually like this in person, MP uses those big words she uses in her posts in conversations, 420star and KB actually do know every simpsons episode off by heart and astrosmurf talks a lot about beer. We are as we are. Deal with it.

You know, I honestly don't even recall writing a post that included the phrase 'diseased motherfucker'. Feel free to find it for me if you can.

As to the rest of the post, I don't feel the need to have to justify my actions be they online or offline to anybody, thus I'm not going to, suffice to say that Bluelight is a joke, and that taking what occurs on this forum (and as a whole, the internet) seriously is a mistake.

As to whether I'm a cunt or not, I personally think I am. If I ask people from the board I do spend time around though, They seem to disagree with me for some strange reason...

its in the off topic thread, around the same time you went and saw kovenant. Find it yourself. If you ever post something like that in my direction ever again, I will not let it slide. I am not a pushover by any means.

You dont need to justify your posts, or your thoughts, to anyone moebro. Neither does anyone else but you did volunteer a justification for why you act the way you do in this thread- no one forced you to. I just called you out on it.

I think Ill go and "suck cock in hell"now. (That was in the same post you made, hopefully you were insanely drunk at the time). :p

bugger it, heres the link moe. This is why I think you are a cunt, and I really dont give a flying fuck what your friends think of you, mine think I am quite nice too. What a coinsidense!
http://http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=4040948&postcount=4041

Last edited:
kovenant don't actually exist. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to concerts of non-existent bands just yet.

I've found the post (I am a sad, lonely, sick individual and have have nothing better to do with my time) and it would seem that yes, it was aimed at you, and yes I had been drinking.

You're both cunts. ;) j/k

And I proudly and totally live up to my trashy rep both online and off.

I could secretly be a virgin though, you never know.

Zephyr - Don't take this as a personal attack, because it's in no way meant that way, however the people you mention as being genuine is merely your own interpretation.

I can guarantee you there would be at least one bluelighter who thought each of those people are complete phonies [to those who she mentioned - don't take that as a personal attack either, it's the same for everyone on this board.]

In short, some people get along, other's don't. When I've had a problem with people in the past, I've discussed it with them... however, obviously if I see them at meet-ups I'm going to be polite. We've had our discussion, we know where each other stand, now lets just be decent to each other for the sake of our mutual friends?