• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Personas

Mary Poppins said:
TBH, I find it semi-insulting that I am considered as two-dimensional in real life as I am (as everyone is...) online :\ I guess I would have hoped that the people who actually know/like me would find I had more to offer than 'big words' and conciliatory niceties but hey, as pop popavich will testify, I never profess to be anything but an anti-climax.

Re: KB - sif. he wishes he had half the nouse of preacha.

(nb: preacha, this was not intended as complimentary to you, only insulting to KB. as you were)

MP - I think that was a compliment more than an insult, shes saying ur the same online and in person? You express urself online just as well as you do in person. Some ppl just cant write down their feelings/thoughts as well as others.

:)

MP: I guess I can see how you would think something I saw as a compliment was an insult, but suggesting you're nothing but a 2D character is definitely not what I meant! I think when I met you I was just glad I liked you just as much in real life as online because, as iamtha1 mentions, the 'witty' people sometimes don't live up to expectations.

I wish I knew you better IRL because one night of drunken shenanigans wasn't really enough. :)

^^ see ... it's not just me that misreads stuff ;)

lizzy - your a darl ... i'm just too much of a sensitive and emotional pisces, i can't help it! but i try ;)

I met MP once, and I think she is much cooler in person. On BL she's all like "I'm a moderator and you have to do what I say," but in real life she's pretty chill.

doofqueen said:
^^ see ... it's not just me that misreads stuff ;)

lizzy - your a darl ... i'm just too much of a sensitive and emotional pisces, i can't help it! but i try ;)

Im a dithering Libran, we are quite the pidgeon pair arent we :D

libras are supposed to be non confrontation or fence sitters ie not liking conflict etc ;) My girl is a libran too :p

eh, i'm a libran, but i've forgotten what that means now. I do know that i was born, allegedly, under the fixed star Kaphier though. That means i'm special. :p

Beatlebot said:
I met MP once, and I think she is much cooler in person. On BL she's all like "I'm a moderator and you have to do what I say," but in real life she's pretty chill.

pick the person who has met me once ;):p

I'm similar I guess. I'm quite often pissed off about things.

I'm maybe a bit quieter in life though. No, actually, that's the small percentage of the time I'm around people I'm not yet comfortable with. Unless I'm drunk.

According to a bluelighter I met earlier in the week, I am much less of a bitch in real life. I had thought I was more or less a bitch most of the time.

Internet persona's are like story's. You read about peoples lives from their perspective. It really depends on how truthfull someone is as to how well you know them.
I became pretty close with someone over the net, before i ever met them so i think its a good way to get to know someone.. Its totally different to actually meeting someone in real life tho. I dont know which is better:\

^ I think it also depends where on the internet you're 'getting to know' that person. There's a huge difference between a public forum like BL and something like livejournal.

It's been said (by a couple of key members ;)) that i'm boring online. That's cool, i can live with that. The people who know me away from here, and have actually spent time with me, know that boring probably isn't a word used to describe me. I don't give a alot away in person either, only as much as i'm comfortable with (which may, depending on the comfort leve, be alot :)), and the same applies online.

I dont get livejournal

I enjoy my life but wringing out the mundane details into an online journal would feel self indulgent and kinda lame (who would want to read it??). I imagine the cross commenting quickly plumetting into meaningless platitudes for the sake of mutual masturbation.

"I felt ill today"
"Oh, sorry to hear that"
*shudder*

No offence intended to LJ junkies. Its probably just my allergy to mundane petty drama:
"Its the smell. I feel somehow infected by it"

m4dd0g said:
I dont get livejournal

I enjoy my life but wringing out the mundane details into an online journal would feel self indulgent and kinda lame (who would want to read it??). I imagine the cross commenting quickly plumetting into meaningless platitudes for the sake of mutual masturbation.

"I felt ill today"
"Oh, sorry to hear that"
*shudder*

No offence intended to LJ junkies. Its probably just my allergy to mundane petty drama:
"Its the smell. I feel somehow infected by it"

i lub u =D What was the slogan on the T-Shirt we were discussing? I can't remember :\

samadhi said:
It's been said (by a couple of key members ;)) that i'm boring online. That's cool, i can live with that. The people who know me away from here, and have actually spent time with me, know that boring probably isn't a word used to describe me. I don't give a alot away in person either, only as much as i'm comfortable with (which may, depending on the comfort leve, be alot :)), and the same applies online.

people who have to explain how exciting they are offline....
not much more really needs to be said

preacha said:
people who have to explain how exciting they are offline....
not much more really needs to be said

I don't think i actually "explained how exciting i am offline"... or, for that matter, even used the word "exciting". I merely said that boring wasn't a word that would be used to describe me...or "moral compass" for that matter. ;)

Last edited: