• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Personas

zephyr said:
bugger it, heres the link moe. This is why I think you are a cunt, and I really dont give a flying fuck what your friends think of you, mine think I am quite nice too. What a coincidence!

Note that noone said that you weren't a nice person (or anything remotely along those lines), nor did I say 'friends' anywhere in my post. I specifically didn't use that term.

Lyre & Luter

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
I could secretly be a virgin though,
you never know.

If you need any help there are numbers you can call.
PM me an' we can put you on the right track.

N.B.: Where's my astro-email!

In fact where's my Miss A Mail...

Eh?!?

Ee
u

:(

I can't believe I finally opened this thread, I was doing so well :X :X :X

doofqueen said:
because i'm talking about something they don't agree with and have different ideas on so it's hard for people to relate to....hense me not being able to make it relatable

?

Anyway, since I have I'd like to reply to this ^ by suggesting I think it could sometimes have something to do with posting when you're stoned :)

I ban myself from posting while bent because I misinterpret just about everything and people tend to misinterpret me :)

(I can safely say I won't be opening this thread again :D)

^ I know exactly what you mean. But only when we're both bent

zephyr said:
And yes, I am actually like this in person, MP uses those big words she uses in her posts in conversations, 420star and KB actually do know every simpsons episode off by heart and astrosmurf talks a lot about beer. We are as we are. Deal with it.
I find people are always at least slightly different from their posts, it's inevitable. Very few people would intentionally create a false persona (especially regular posters) but text on a screen can only convey so much. What we see here is such a minute part of someone's personality - there is no way you get to see things like their generosity or kindness and I think things like that are far more important than replies someone took 15 minutes to perfectly articulate.

I have online persona (not personality) clashes with plenty of people but when I meet them in real life I usually find I get along with them and have learnt not to carry any prejudices over into the real world (unless someone had posted things which were racist or homophobic etc).

There are some people who are the same as their online selves, MP was a good example, but this is usually restricted to people who are really articulate because they're the best at expressing themselves.

And as for KB being who he is, I thought he was the 'preacha of Melbourne.' ;)

^^ when i first started here, i WAS the preacha of melbourne

besides, i doubt KB would appreciate being compared to me.
i doubt most people would appreciate it
</emo>

Last edited:
Doppelganger said:
Zephyr - Don't take this as a personal attack, because it's in no way meant that way, however the people you mention as being genuine is merely your own interpretation.

I can guarantee you there would be at least one bluelighter who thought each of those people are complete phonies [to those who she mentioned - don't take that as a personal attack either, it's the same for everyone on this board.]

In short, some people get along, other's don't. When I've had a problem with people in the past, I've discussed it with them... however, obviously if I see them at meet-ups I'm going to be polite. We've had our discussion, we know where each other stand, now lets just be decent to each other for the sake of our mutual friends?

I would never take anything you said as a personal attack, as from my observation you dont seem to be the type who goes around randomly doing that. You seem like quite a nice person indeed.

Of course it is my own interpretation- I mentioned those people just off the top of my head as examples of people I see being consistent in character on line and off. My interpretation of people is based on my personal experiences with those people. Same as anyone else really. Just because I might think moe, for example, is a cunt based on the choice of language he has used against me in one post, doesnt mean he actually might be one.

I also dont like to see people I like (ie DQ) get harassed by people who see her as an easy target because they know she takes things a little too much to heart.

Moe- Sometimes I am not a nice person. I can be just as much of a cunt as you can be, but I tend to heap shit on people who I feel deserve it, not just whomever happens to be around when I am in a bad mood. Luckily, no one I loathe actually lives in Australia, so I wont be having any in-person slanging matches at meet ups. :)

As for you, I dont know you well enough to either like you or hate you. I didnt even want to address this issue, but after a pm from DQ I thought Id better state my opinion on the goings on in this thread.

And the "friends" thing was probably a misinterpretation on my part, relating to this posted by you:

As to whether I'm a cunt or not, I personally think I am. If I ask people from the board I do spend time around though, They seem to disagree with me for some strange reason...

I presumed you would spend time with people you like, which would sort of make them friends of yours, unless you chill with people you hate on a regular basis, which would be really weird.

BTW- thanks for not picking on my horrendous spelling of coincedense, which I still cant spell and cant be bothered fixing even now. :)
Preacha said:
^^ when i first started here, i WAS the preacha of melbourne

besides, i doubt KB would appreciate being compared to me.
i doubt most people would appreciate it
</emo>

KB thinks you rule, so he might take that as quite a compliment.:\

up all night said:
I find people are always at least slightly different from their posts, it's inevitable. Very few people would intentionally create a false persona (especially regular posters) but text on a screen can only convey so much. What we see here is such a minute part of someone's personality - there is no way you get to see things like their generosity or kindness and I think things like that are far more important than replies someone took 15 minutes to perfectly articulate.

Very good point UAN- I was going to type the same thing but got into a moe-induced bad mood and couldnt articulate this myself. We also miss out on seeing the body language and facial expressions we get to see in person here so things do get taken the wrong way all too often here. I thought smilies were meant to fix that. :D

Well this reply took me too damn long, I need a drink.

PLUR!

BB-esque? Are you talking about me, MP? :X

Just thought I'd join in the spirit of Aus Social and get offended by something ;)

^If you arent careful, Aus Social might go hang out in SLR with you and complain about their recurrent rashes, sores and stuff. :D

It seemed like an inappropriate time to be correcting other peoples' spelling.
There was an interesting discussion happening
I struggled to not correct that spelling, admittedly. If you check my quote of your post, you'll see I couldn't help myself. You're only one c shy of the right spelling now, btw :p

Again, the internet really should not be taken seriously.

Heh, BL is like highschool. Just trade youth and adolescence for ugliness and ... err ... adolescence (occasionally the drugfucked variety)

Penny-Arcade described the internet personality phenomenon pretty well:

greater_internet_fuckwad_theory.jpg

(god - how many insecure morons fall into this category?!)

^by that you imply we have passed through puberty. I thought BL was more like kindergarten, except with more pee in the virtual sandpit. :D

up all night said:
There are some people who are the same as their online selves, MP was a good example, but this is usually restricted to people who are really articulate because they're the best at expressing themselves.

And as for KB being who he is, I thought he was the 'preacha of Melbourne.' ;)

TBH, I find it semi-insulting that I am considered as two-dimensional in real life as I am (as everyone is...) online :\ I guess I would have hoped that the people who actually know/like me would find I had more to offer than 'big words' and conciliatory niceties but hey, as pop popavich will testify, I never profess to be anything but an anti-climax.

Re: KB - sif. he wishes he had half the nouse of preacha.

(nb: preacha, this was not intended as complimentary to you, only insulting to KB. as you were)

Mary Poppins said:
TBH, I find it semi-insulting that I am considered as two-dimensional in real life as I am (as everyone is...) online :\ I guess I would have hoped that the people who actually know/like me would find I had more to offer than 'big words' and conciliatory niceties but hey, as pop popavich will testify, I never profess to be anything but an anti-climax.

You are so much more than "big words" but it is my lack of your intellectual prowess that shines through in my description of you. Sorry. :(

With that avatar,
and your commentry
in this thread
& my stondedness
you're starting to become
the fish in
'American Dad'.
:)

Mary Poppins said:

Re: KB - sif. he wishes he had half the nouse of preacha.

(nb: preacha, this was not intended as complimentary to you, only insulting to KB. as you were)

No-one was suggesting you were two dimensional... all that was suggested is that you're true to yourself!