• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[5-MeO-DMT Subthread] Smoking / Vaporizing

well i smoked off the foil... did about sturdy 4 doses in the past 2 days... but i feel like i'm losing a lot of the vapors/smoke... how far beneath the alluminium do you put the flame?

it's some pretty crazy stuff tho, thats for ssure...

try a regular bowl with some ash or herb o plug the hole.

Dont burn the trypt, let the flame hover above till it melts into the ash/herb. Then give it a quick flame up, take a huge rip and ill see you when you get back <3

(or try the machine)

Make a lightbulb vaporizer. Use butane lighter. Cheap. Easy. Works fantastically.

Temperature?!

if i'm using a legit vaporizer, at what temperature should i vaporize 5-meo-dmt?

also n,n dmt?

Make a lightbulb vaporizer. Use butane lighter. Cheap. Easy. Works fantastically.

sorry for bumping..

Would I let the flame touch the glass from the bulb ? Or just hold it as close as possible without touching ?

You guys are going about this all wrong.
No need for meth pipes or torch lighters, no need to make a dangerous pipe out of a lightbulb, etc.
The best way to ingest 5-meo-dmt by far is too dissolve the powder in 91% isopropyl alcohol, stir it around good until it is uniform and completely dissolved, and then add a pre-weighed amount of a dried herb (like peppermint) to the 5-meo-dmt/alcohol solution.
Then stir this around so that all the dried leaf material is homogenous, and is uniformly mixed into the solution of 5-meo-dmt and isopropyl alcohol.
Then place this dish under a fan until it is completely dried and the excess alcohol has evaporated.
You will be left with a herbal smoking mixture which, depending on how much 5-meo-dmt and peppermint you used, contains a relatively high amount of 5-meo-dmt.
This mixture can be smoked like anything else, like weed or tobacco, with a regular bic lighter and out of a normal pipe.
You'll get the same effects as if you tried vaporizing it, except it is much easier and more convenient this way, all you need to do is smoke pinches of this leaf blend to get really far out there.
Safe travels!

thanks nishith! That's great advice.

I haven't tried 5-MeO-DMT yet but I second your recommendation. It's the best method I've tried for smoking/vaporizing psychedelics. It gets evenly distributed throughout the plant material which is combustable so you avoid hot spots, pyrolysis and other weird effects that can give poor results. Best to buy a pipe just for tryptamines and use it exclusively for this purpose.

I've used this technique many times with success for consuming MPT and 4-HO-MPT. There's a wide variety of herbs one can use. I use damiana as the herb and acetone as a solvent when I make mine. A simple hair dryer is powerful enough to evaporate off the acetone cleanly.

Just to give people an idea of typical ratios of tryptamine to herb I've used with success, I aim for a mass ratio of tryptamine:herb of 1:2. So for example with MPT 30 mg of tryptamine would be dissolved into excess acetone and adsorbed onto 60 mg of damiana herb then thoroughly dried of solvent to yield approximately 90 mg of activated herb. One can clear 90 mg of activated herb (or more) easily in a single hit then relax and enjoy the trip. Of course depending of potency of tryptamine one might change the ratio to suit their needs.

Thanks guys, I don't see why this method - although being very straightforward - should be "the best". Adding more material just creates more smoke. If you wanna inhale as little smoke/vapor as possible it would seem better to vaporize only the substance itself. I agree that a meth pipe or a light bulb vaporizer can be finicky more so the first option IME. But if you use a technique that vaporizes the material nice and clean I don't see why adding more material would have a benefit - other than if you like a specific taste of herb. There are several techniques that could apply for vaporizing only spice effectively: dabbing from a quartz banger, a nectar collector, a Health Stone or an atomizer. The 'essential vape' seems also to be used with success. Nevertheless the enhanced leaf method seems very fool proof which is a very good thing when dealing with this substance in particular. You don't wanna fumble around when going for it. Some of the other techniques needs some - well technique, but not much. But from that perspective it seems like a good method.

A regular weed pipe works marvels.
Just a tube with a cup at the end.

I have no idea why people keep proposing alternative techniques like the very unpractical light bulb.
Just put some tissue ash (and a little grid if you have one) underneath the crystals to prevent them from falling. Some more ash over the material can help as a buffer.
Practice a bit before, to know how hard to inhale and how far to put the lighter so that the flame won't reach the crystals.

You won't even feel the smoke. Seriously.