View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind for my next go.

Although, I did eat it on an empty stomache, I just ended up eating a couple hours into the experience.

And you're right about the re-dosing, at least as far as I could tell. The insufflated dose didn't really seem to add anything, but a slight rush type feeling, but hardly noticeable.

Everyone in my circle loves this compound, and we agree on one thing: the entire 5-MeO-MiPT trip consists of coming up and coming down. There seems to be no peak or plateau.

If one were to draw its effects on a graph (a la Erowid's charts), it would be a smooth rounded curve (perhaps skewed towards the first 2 hours) from baseline to baseline, no straight lines in any direction, and no angles.

This is in no way dissapointing, it makes the compound very unique and useful.

i've tried it 2 days in a row.
As i'm pretty sensitive and become easily anxious the first times I try a new compound, I started very low.
First time 2mg dissolved in water. 1hour later anxiety builds up, but leaves at 1h30, leaving me with a "I'm different than baseline but just can't figure how" feeling.
The day after 3mg, and +1h i redosed 2mg as I was feeling it was needed (absolutely no anxiety). At 1h30 i smoked a joint and holy fuck, as I came back inside and sat down, I was elevating from my body, like I was 20cm over myself, but it was so sudden. Followed tripping while listening to music, but the music was not particularly pleasant..
I smoke weed only on occasions (and it gives me a heavy buzz), and this time the push that it gave me was just incredible. Now I don't know if I'll want to smoke weed again on this compound, maybe I'll just dose it higher next time, as when I sat down and felt so suddenly different I had a 1sec fear, but everything went well afterwards.
i had a glimpse of what a heavy dosage of loosing yourself completely with this compound was like, very strange headspace, and I don't know if I like it or not, further experiments will tell.

on saturday i plan to consume a fair amount of good mdma pills. i will most likely end up trying a few small(5mg) bumps during the peak of my roll. ill let everyone know how this goes

edit: wasefraka most of the people that have done this compound with me mentioned the weird halfway out of body effect it has. its quite fucking badass,but mightily confusing at the higher doses (damn i was just upstairs,blink and im in the basement,blink and im in the room smoking pot,blink and i dont know where i am,i cant see past the rapidly shifting colors!)

that turned out to be a badddd fucking idea. i cant talk any more about it but im done with 5 meo mipt for my sanity and friendships sake.

a few details: in my experience,taking 5 meo mipt in combo with mdma is a surefire way to ruin a good time. 5 meo mipt is considered a recreational trip,but thats only in doses low enough to not headfuck you. the 5 meo mipt head space is not useful in the very least for having full blown trips,and it feels very alien and just plain wrong. long story short,dont do big doses of 5 meo mipt,dont do it in combo with anything. at least from the mouth of this wounded psychonaut. the experience had one good redeeming quality to it in that ive learned that if i dont respect my psychedelics im going to lose everything.

im not tripping until at the very least new years eve,and have started to reevaluate my love of psychedelics. if the next few experiences are awful and wrong and full of paranoia like this one was,im saying adios to tripping.

orbital_forest said:
im not tripping until at the very least new years eve,and have started to reevaluate my love of psychedelics. if the next few experiences are awful and wrong and full of paranoia like this one was,im saying adios to tripping.

Doing psychedelics too often ruins it all, and it ruins you. spacing trips is a sure way of enjoying the experiences a lot more. I'm sure that if you wait until then it will be a good time. Even though I can't see the use of a psychedelic for a party, or only in a small dosage...

im not tripping until at the very least new years eve,and have started to reevaluate my love of psychedelics.
If you consider that a long break, then it perhaps is indeed time to reevaluate your relationship with psychedelics.

I just want to take the time to point out the obvious: you guys gotta be careful when trying out new combinations of lesser-known molecules. Just be careful, that's all. Always keep your guard up when trying a new combination, then after it seems to repetitively work well, then it's okay to take it for granted that it's a great combo.

Just be careful, as 5-meo-mipt is one of the more unpredictable and powerful (dose for dose) ones.

Last edited:
You guys mentioned it took 20+ minutes to come on, but for me I could feel something clearly within 5. I dont think its reasonable to make blanket assumptions and postulations on the nature of the psychedelic experience produced by any one compound. I found the larger doses of this compound to be absolutely awe-inspiring and fantastic with nothing at all awful or wrong.

uggh...im still integrating this experience. i cant worry my friends like that anymore,i just cant. i dont know if im cut out for the whole mind expansion thing cuz im starting to get very fucking scared for my sanity. all i know is that the experience was very powerful and completely wrong for me to do at the time,it was a bad decision,i payed for it,and hopefully my stubborn ass will learn the fucking lesson before i break my mind.

i liked this stuff a lot it was a vary hard trip i sould make a trip report about it

orbital, why is it so hard to take it easy. just chill out man.

i've done 5meomipt with mdma before and can agree fully that it's a horrid combo. Worst blood pressure / fever problems i've had since DXM. Just take it easy man this won't last that long, and try not to overanalyze the experience too much.

Be careful with 5meomipt, it can easily be fun and carefree or be far far too much within a few mg.

ive definitely come around from this experience,my life is in a much better place right now....im holding off tripping for a lil while longer,just to let everything settle back

orbital_forest said:
im holding off tripping for a lil while longer

a lil while longer eh. what, a day and a half? :p

anyhow, soon, I'll finally be able to contribute to this thread with experience :D

I have high hopes for this one as the two 5-meo's I've tried so far have been GREAT and I have had absolutely no negatives from them (5-meo-DMT, 5-meo-dipt). I am hoping it will fit the niche that 5-meo-dipt could never fit into (but wanted to).

Starting dose? Probably 6mg (after a 1.5mg assay).

samadhi_smiles said:
Starting dose? Probably 6mg (after a 1.5mg assay).

You should really enjoy this one. You plan sounds good, start with 1.5mg to test for alergic reactions, then try 6mg for a light first dose. If you like 6mg, you may want to make the next experiement 10-12mg. At 11mg it felt as if every cell in every muscle in my body were being fucked and sucked by god herself: I was horny, I was holy and music has NEVER sounded so good.

Trogdor said:
a lil while longer eh. what, a day and a half? :p

anyhow, soon, I'll finally be able to contribute to this thread with experience :D
im actually probably not consuming any traditional psychs on nye,just copious amounts of mdma and opiates ;)

Yes, this one really is great. 6-8mg is my favorite level, so far at least. I find the body high to be really great, very pleasurable and light. Mentally, it seems to sharpen the mind, almost making me feel more sober but with that tryptamine mental fluidity. Socially it increases my desire to communicate and skill in doing so every time. I'm going to be submitting another trip report on it soon... but long story short, it felt like a warm, refreshing bath for my soul, which had been plagued by a minor depressive energy for the past month. I was able to transform that energy into releases of emotion and creativity and it hasn't returned since.

Status
Not open for further replies.