View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this compound completly worthless. Tried it about 4-5 times with dosages 6, 12, 18 and 25 and all the trips could be described as dull and uninspiring. For me it produces basic tripping with no profound, even when you get to higher doses. Just a general state of being intoxicated/stoned with minor boring psychedelia.

One interesting thing that with the 6mg dosage I could sleep only 12 hours into the trip. Also this dosage produced some CEV before going to sleep two nights after without aid of any other chemical. I haven't experienced these effects with higher dosages.

^Although I did not find this compound to be worthless, I did experience effects for a couple of days post experiment. I had horrible nightmares the night after with every trial, the kind not filled with monsters but emotionally hideous stuff: apathetic, mean and helpless; and, felt more emotional liability for a few days post.

tried this again @ 10mg oral (redose 5 oral 3hrs in). definitely brought out the wild-side and i ended up trampling some laws ... probably worse than super-drunk behavior because it was more calculated and precise ... i did feel very clear-headed and sharp ... which made it fun, but i get a sense that it could be dangerous in public at a high dose. verging on a reckless/delerious kind of state.

my ego and sense of humor was enhanced more than anything else, and i just felt a lot of energy and a strong push to have fun. no visuals ... stimulation was more cognitive than physical. i'm going to have to agree w the coke comparison, although the goofy giggles and creativity were tryptaminish in keeping w mid dose shrooms ime. no sex this time so can't comment there.

No, but everything I have tried it with has been unpleasant. The general concensus on this seems to be that it does not play well with others.

5-MeO-MIPT solutability in water?

is it advisable to solute the moxy in water for measurement;
If one does have a 0,01 scale, that´s shurely not accurate enough to measure 4-7 milligramm dosages;
soluting 100 mg moxy in 100 ml water and using a syringe for ml measuremt shouldn´t that be quite safe and accurate?
Is destilled water better than still water? How long can one keep the solution, how´s the stability? Alcohol is not advicable because of tryptamins are loosing potency when soluted in alcohol?

yes 1g/l is acurrate enough but 2g/l (or more) is preferable if you dont have 100,0ml chemistry vessel.

Distilled water is preferable but 5-meO-trypts are stable in tap water.

Know the kind of tryptamine you purchased to know about solubility :

Freebase : soluble in acetone, chloroform, hydrocarbures, ~alcools, not in water

Salf form (HCl, tartrate, fumarate, sulfate, ... ) : soluble in water

There was a guy in the big and dandy thread who said that his 5-meo-mipt wouldn't dissolve in water until he added a little acid to the solution - I can't remember if he said citric or ascorbic, one of those.

Mine dissolved fine in a mixture of of water and everclear after a couple minutes of stirring.

edit: mine was 5mg/1ml

Last edited:
Dissolves immediately with a low concentration (1mg/1ml). Do not know how a concentration greater than 1mg/1ml would go.

Keep the info coming guys. This is one of the few compounds I have yet to sample, and it sounds like more of a fun drug a la 2c-t-21 and 2c-tfm, that a true psychedelic experiance like 4-ho-mipt. I have been looking for a new "just take it for fun" thing since I ran out of the 2c-t-21. How does it compare to the t-21, for those who have sampled both??

Merged the 5-MeO-MiPT solubility thread in with the Big and Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT thread (5 posts).

Xorkoth said:
No, but everything I have tried it with has been unpleasant. The general concensus on this seems to be that it does not play well with others.

smoking 15mg of 5-meo-mipt and snorting 100mg of DPT HCl (it said freebase on the baggie but smoking 50+mgs didnt do much at all, so im pretty sure it was HCl) was fantastic!

at one point i forgot everything i knew then remembered everything i didnt know, seemingly at the same time. I was everything and nothing. Wrapped up in a "OH MY GOD" feeling for hours. which turned out to be seconds.

5-Meo-MIPT by itself is like what i'd take if i wanted to be able to talk whilst tripping, because usually i cant. It made things fun.

How safe is the "drop 100 mg of 5-MeO-MiPT in 100mL H20 (or vodka, or everclear), stir until dissolution, and then 10mL of the solution will contain 10mg of dissolved 5-MeO-MiPT"

I only have chem 101 background, that's why I'm asking.

On a side note, I just licked on some scale dust =)

Careful on licking the scale dust. This chemical is active in 1-2mg range (1-2mg of scale dust isn't that much).

2mg produces an experience with defined action. VERY strange visuals at about T+4 hours (small amount of marijuana was on board). Slept very solidly at T+6 hours. Next day - usual tryptamine euphoria.

6mg is the next projected dosage level (then 12?). Good feelings about this one (all 5-meo's have been allies so far).

samadhi_smiles said:
Careful on licking the scale dust. This chemical is active in 1-2mg range (1-2mg of scale dust isn't that much).

2mg produces an experience with defined action. VERY strange visuals at about T+4 hours (small amount of marijuana was on board). Slept very solidly at T+6 hours. Next day - usual tryptamine euphoria.

6mg is the next projected dosage level (then 12?). Good feelings about this one (all 5-meo's have been allies so far).

Even 5-meo-amt??

Experience is only with 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, and now 5-MeO-MiPT. I will not go near 5-MeO-AMT as its action does not look to be suited to my tastes (short and serotogenic!).

Can someone just answer the safety question? :)

(Almost?) no effects from scale dust... it wasn't enough probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.