View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe as in, am I going to really get 10mg if I ingest 10mL of the solution.

i think ambush is asking if there will be an even concentration in the solution, am i right? i think as long as it has completely dissolved, the answer is yes. just look out for recrystalization at low temps, and make sure to stir it well before drawing it up.

I tried this one again last night, ~16mg insufflated. Started with 12, and did a small bump (4mg) about 45 min later.

Up until this point I had usually been disappointed with this chemical. Perhaps it's just that when I consume psychedelics I EXPECT some visuals, where this is completely lacking. However, I've really come to enjoy the fascinating body high, and the "visuals" that accompany it are subtle but quite nice.

I find that marijuana is required to really get all you can out of this one, the synergy is awesome. It also helps with the visuals a little bit.

I think I'll give this one another go some time, and I'll certainly use it to combine with other chemicals. I have tried insufflating around 12mg on some 2C-I once, the visuals blew my mind, as well as the auditory hallucinations.. However, the body load was a little much with this combination, and if figures considering moxy is almost nothing but body high, and 2C-I has a really strong body buzz.

I'll probably go for a higher oral dose next time, maybe even try plugging it.

I would guess you wouldn't see much potentiation from plugging, but thats just my guess. This one seems to be readily assimilated into the bloodstream and across the BBB through oral dosing.

Well it was just an idea, considering oral dosing with this chemical is pretty weak for me.. But I'll keep that in mind.

Church said:
^ That's what they all say.

in that case, what kind of pill binders are best for this substance?

one was thinking a mitsubishi logo would look great on this chem...

;) :p

but seriously, is everyone sure that it readily dissolves in water at 1mg/1ml, and that it won't deteriorate when left in solution?

was looking for ways to measure dose after a solution was made (if it couldn't be kept that long as such).... one that would not require scraping of powder off of pyrex (because of the inevitable loss due to it being active in small amounts.
... amounts that could easily get stuck to said pyrex and tempt labrats with large tongues to overdose on residue)... this is the reason for the question. it still may not be "valid" enough, but that is where one was coming from.

and this was if solution was unreliable long term. if it works in water alone, then no need to bother.

although i am a big fan of novelty, i can live without

Any substance will be fine long-term in solution if it is made and stored properly. For any water-soluble substance (like this one, the salts at least), dissolving it completely in a mix of distilled water and a bit of ethanol (to prevent mold and bacterial growth) and stored in the refrigerator or freezer will let it keep for a long time. Some of the 4-substituted tryptamines seem pretty unstable, but they would degrade even faster on a blotter or pill or anything like that. In fact, any substance would degrade much faster exposed to the air like if it was on a blotter or in the pill. Liquid dosing is extremely accurate as long as you make sure there is no recrystallization (which I have never had happen).

The very best way to store any substance is in a sealed glass vial or jar in a cold place in the darkness, as dry crystals.

is everyone sure that it readily dissolves in water at 1mg/1ml, and that it won't deteriorate when left in solution?

Yes, completely sure.

samadhi_smiles said:
Experience is only with 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, and now 5-MeO-MiPT. I will not go near 5-MeO-AMT as its action does not look to be suited to my tastes (short and serotogenic!).

Good call, a,o-dms is purely evil. It is the only rc I regret ever trying.:(

^ Likewise. After a few trials, I dumped the rest in the toilet and flushed without a second thought.

I've never tried that one, but the nothing but horror stories that seem to accompany it deter me.

thugg said:
I tried this one again last night, ~16mg insufflated. Started with 12, and did a small bump (4mg) about 45 min later.

Up until this point I had usually been disappointed with this chemical. Perhaps it's just that when I consume psychedelics I EXPECT some visuals, where this is completely lacking. However, I've really come to enjoy the fascinating body high, and the "visuals" that accompany it are subtle but quite nice.

How can you say no visuals? At 20mg orally I had the most visual and intense psychedelic experience ever, besides that from DMT. Did you really get only subtle visuals from 16mg insufflrated? Was this the HCL salt or the fumarate salt?

How does everyone else like the visuals? I found 20mg to have outstanding completely walking peacock monster yellow green pink tree visuals. Has anyone tryed an oral dose similar to this with a strong visual and psychedelic respose? or am I just senstitive to this drug perhaps.

I've only gone up to 10mg so far, with no visuals whatsoever. Someday I'll try a high dose to see how it goes, but so far my use of this substance is not for a heavy psychedelic trip, but for a light, euphoric trip that helps me to modify my energy into something more positive and free-flowing.

For example, last time I used it, I was depressed and anxious for weeks beforehand, and I used it to release the depressive energy which was manifesting as a closed loop at my solar plexus and change it into artistic output, which destroyed the depression.

Highest dose was 11mg and I didn't experience typical OEV's; during the peak there were sparkling pixles in the air. But during the tail end, at the 5th or 6th hour, I put on a movie and the charcters on the screen would sink and the tv would rise. It was physically impossible what I was seeing happening and I felt confused and hear a phasing noise, ala DMT.

I would be concerned taking this one any higher than say 12 or 13mg.

BreakingSet said:
Highest dose was 11mg and I didn't experience typical OEV's; during the peak there were sparkling pixles in the air. But during the tail end, at the 5th or 6th hour, I put on a movie and the charcters on the screen would sink and the tv would rise. It was physically impossible what I was seeing happening and I felt confused and hear a phasing noise, ala DMT.

I would be concerned taking this one any higher than say 12 or 13mg.

Trying this one at 12mg insuf. produced negligible visuals, but a really nice body high. Oral at 16mg had mild visuals and the same great body high, and also had a noticeably longer duration. When I get around to trying it again (probably a month or more) it'll be at 20mg oral. The "5-12mg" Strong dose listed at Erowid seems wrong, and Shulgin's 4-6mg rating is way off. My first attempt was at 8, and I was at maybe a +1.

Just some observations. Tryptamine cross-tolerance is a possible culprit, and I'm kind of a hardhead.

I'd be first to say that my dose recommendations would be on the low end; I am not a hardhead in the slightest. At 11mg oral I did get an incredible, repeat INCREDIBLE (absolutely incredible) body high. I was surprised at the tail end to experience the confusion stage.

he's also referring to an old batch from back when folks claimed this compound had a two stage effect. The newwer stuff has not yet been sampled, but has been reported to be extremely pure. So if the reports of a two stage trip have gone the way of flying whales, could we assume that the old two stage trip stuff was impure? Or tainted with ho/aco mipt?

Or is the two stage trip a psychosuggestive phenomenon? ie, he read about it then proceeded to experience it.

How often do you take tryptamines, Obyron? I think cross tolerance is playing into a lot of people's responses and skewing the dosage levels.

Me personally, 2mg was enough for a borderline ++. I had visuals at about T+4 (very hard to put in words how they were for me) and generally quite shifted cognitive perspective.

I'm looking forward to 6mg - I think this will be plenty for a +++.

Shulgin's dosage levels look like a very good starting point. Please do not take more than 1-3mgs for your first try with this one - you might bite off more than you can chew (after my 2mg experience I am convinced this one seems to have a deep side to it that people's reports do not tend to show).

^-- Probably too often, which is why I'm taking at least a month off to let myself level back out. I'd say it's about equal amounts tolerance and hardheadedness with me, but still, I don't want to burn myself out. I'd hate to not be able to trip anymore! Besides, I think alcohol misses me.

Shulgin's dose is a good place to start for a safe first dose, but his doses are pretty well regarded as being low (which is fine, harm reduction blah blah). I'd hate for anyone to give up on an otherwise interesting chemical because they took Erowid's "strong" dose and it didn't give them strong effects. And by the way, what kind of range is 5-12mg for a chemical like this? If Shulgin says an average dose is 4-6 then your "Strong" dose is either right in the middle of average, or double the average? :p

I believe the one time I tryed this was from the old impure "two stage trip" batch. Maybe I ahd such strong visuals at 20mg because it was combined with 4-Ho-MiPT. I never noticed any defined "two stage" phenomenon though. It just hit really fast, and built up slowly over a period of serveral hours and then dropped off quickly, unlike the normal peak fast and then drop down slow, it was the opposite, with a long peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.