• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - Experienced - oh god...i'm NEVER doing acid again!

SketchPrincess

Bluelighter
oh god...i'm NEVER doing acid again!

this happened awhile ago, but i thought i'd share anyways. my friend and i went to a small houseparty. we had dosed 1 blotter each of acid from the same sheet. about 20 min. later on the way to the party they kicked in. it was intense and freaky. we were NOT prepared for what awaited us. we had both used acid about 15-20 times before and had some really great experiences. when we got to the party i barely have a memory of what happened. i felt like i was looking down on myself. i was completely out of control, saying really evil shit, like "i want to stab out your eyes". <----actual quote from the trip!
i was going through one friends bedroom and tearing up posters and cd liner notes. people thought i'd gone insane. the friend who dosed with me was experiencing this in a milder form. we both got stuck in loops, where we'd repeat the same sentence over and over and laugh hysterically. but i never felt good or happy on this trip. finally everyone left the party, except my friend and i- we were staying over. around 5 or 6 my friends went to sleep. the one who dosed was ok....her trip had come down and she could sleep. i, on the other hand, was still fucked out of my tree. i sat up watching tv in the dark and i was scared. at some point i closed my eyes and felt like i didn't exist....i was floating. at that point i'm so embarrased to say- i actually peed my pants. i had ZERO control over my mind and body. i then proceeded to throw up. my friends then woke up and helped me clean myself up. i had a really fucked up shower and sat around wanting to die for a few hours. around 11 my friends woke up. the girl who dosed was fine. i was still really fucked. at this point i was really scared cuz i had dropped at 7pm the night before.
the entire day i was fucked and i couldn't go home. i seriously thought i'd gone insane and i would stay this way forever. i wanted to kill myself. it was the worst drug experience of my life. i was so mad too- why were the doses in the 2 tabs different?? mine was obviously WAY stronger than my friends......wtf? anyways, around 8pm i finally broke down and called my parents. i had to, because i thought i was insane now, so i should tell them. they took me to the hospital, where the doctor just rolled his eyes and gave me some sleeping pills.
i was screwed up mentally for a while after that. i have no idea what happened to me while on this trip. it scared the shit out of me- i've done acid twice since then. one time was very weak. the other time was okay, but i kept thinking about my bad trip and it turned bad FAST. after that i said NEVER again. lsd is a powerful drug that should not be taken by those who are in a bad place. i don't know if i was in a bad place to start, but that trip will definately haunt me forever and prevent me from tripping again.
i realize i sound like a drug pansy here, but i know my limits.
plur.....sketchy p

Thank you for sharing your story. You don't sound like a pansy. My best friend went through a very similar experience by accidentally taking too much 2ct7. There are good trips after bad though, and often a bad trip can be the most useful kind because it teaches us so much. I'm sorry to hear you've sworn off tripping but maybe its for the best.

If acid makes you pee your pants and want to stab people's eyes out and rip up THEIR shit, then I suggest you NEVER do acid again.
You are a danger to those around you while on lsd, so for everyone's sake PLEASE lay off the Cid. What if you did stab them while you were confused and crazed? Acting all evil and retarded?
Thanks
Pyro

^^^duh thanks!
smile.gif
sorry for the confusion. sketchy princess is me- i had to re-register!
uh, yeah i realize that i shouldn't be doing acid- and i have ZERO desire to try it again. but in all honesty- that wasn't me on that trip. i have no idea what happened, but it took over my mind and body completely. i'd never experienced that on any trip before.....so i would never assume anything like that would happen to me. but thanks for your concern.
plur......mommy

If not you, then who else could it be?
You are the only one inside of you.
are you saying that you are posessed by demons? are you saying that you have a split-personality?
Acid can only work with what it is presented with. Acid works on YOU. It doesn't create something out of nothing... you are the only one who can do that.
If not you, then who?
Pyro

^^^^^um, i don't think you get what i'm saying. you don't know me- when i say that wasn't me- it wasn't me. acid FUCKS up your head. its a dangerous chemical that messes with your brain. so i can say in all confidence, that it was not me. yes, i realize it was my body it happened to, but i am not a violent person and i would never act that way. and please don't reply if you're just going to say the same thing and go on about the wonders of lsd. its evil.

those who lose control or freak out on acid will lose control and freak out on life.
don't you think?

Uhm, the LSD is only active in your body for about 3/4 hours, the rest of the trip is YOU, even if your not violent in normal day life you still have a place in your mind where you are, everybody has that and that part can float to the top when your on LSD, but saying LSD is an evil chemical is just plain stupid...

k, you people are starting to piss me off. i was fucked up beyond belief for a good 12 hours. after that i experienced another 18 hours of mild hallucinations and panic attacks. DO NOT tell me about my own trip. were you there?? my source suspected that peyote could have been somehow mixed with it.....i'm not sure if thats possible, but whatever.....
and saying lsd is evil is a stupid comment?? ok, well fine- i'm stupid and you're a fucking genius cuz you do mass amounts of acid. whatever buddy.......crackheads- all of you!

Chill girl. u wrote a report, this is their response. u must realize that in some way that was you on the trip. it may have been an altered u, but it was still you. and no there was no peyote/mescaline in your acid. i am positive of that. so u will not try shrroms, 2ct7, or anything like that? or just no more acid?
and others answer that....if someone has a bad acid trip and cant go back to acid, do other substances usually treat them the same or different.
ahahhahahhaa peyote muhahhaahaha

sorry- i know i'm being pretty spazzy about this, but i don't like the know-it-all tendancies of most people on this board.
and yes, i know peyote is a pretty far stretch- but what could it have been? if acid supposedly only lasts for 3-4 hours, why did it last 30+???
and i'd appreciate if you didn't laugh at me. thanks.

(First off: FUCK self-proclaimed drug experts who rather spend their time on their own egos, habits and pseudo-science than listening and offering support and advice.)
Sorry to hear you had such an experience... Being out of your mind is no funny stuff. Having to inform your parents and ending up at a hospital's no fun either.
Anyway... amount and nature of the drug are only one factor, the other factor is the one thing we will probably never fully understand aka our mind... People like to think in medical/scientifical terms, N mg will cause effect Y1 for T hours, unless Q1, in which case you will experience T2 and Q3. False claims in general, but even more so when psychedelics are concerned. Everything can happen.
It is very well possible to trip 24+ hours still after taking a single tab of acid. This may or may not be due to how much you took; there are several well documented accounts of people tripping or freaking out for days on regular doses of acid, for no any apparent reason, no overdoses, no impurities, nothing. Sometimes a mind just reacts on these substances in a strange way... Some people say you can predict how you will react but I don't think that statement is totally true. Ofcourse when you take too much, or when you are in a negative mindspace, or scared, etc etc, you will probably be more likely to experience a bad trip, but sometimes.... it just HAPPENS, and there's no explanation for it.
I've only had one real unpleasant trip with acid; it took about 20 hours till I could sleep, and some very weird weeks until I could really think straight again.
smile.gif
I have been reluctant to take it ever since, but maybe one time, who knows.
I wish you the best in dealing with the whole situation. Email me if you like!
skydancer

LSD is not evil. Let's nip that one in the bud straight away. It's just a drug. People are evil.
Having said all that, I wouldn't worry too much about your reactions to the LSD (and no, you are not evil). It doesn't mean you are violent or somehow weak. I does mean something however. Think of it like a dream. You have to figure it out for yourself. You seem to get a little agitated above, for instance. I wouldn't touch LSD again until you figure out what the story is.

thanks skydancer! i will be in touch with you!
neural shock- i don't think my agitation is due to my past use of lsd, if thats what you're implying. sorry- its just the know-it-all attitude on this board that pisses me off. i have yet to figure out what went wrong that night- perhaps a control thing. i don't like giving myself completely to a drug that powerful. usually i can control it, but that trip i couldn't and i guess my mind went berserk. who know......?? and sorry- i said lsd was evil because it can be. all it takes is one bad experience for someone to change their opinion of a drug. it could happen to anyone. and i have definately decided to never touch acid again. its not for me........

if you aren't willing to surrender total control to a drug, then acid is definitely not a good drug of choice. acid is the only drug i have ever done where, at least for a period of time, i do not feel at all in control of what is going on. i'm still aware, i'm still functional, but not out of control.
it's a shame you had such a rough experience and that it's turned you away from the drug for good.
bc
------------------
bc-
**Proud to be an Official member of the Stuck-Up/8-Up Crew**
"Fuck PLUR! it's all about hardcore ass fucking!!"
We'll make great pets...
"drug suppliers, typically wearing 'Ecko' brand sweat shirts shuffle around the dance floor, chanting softly, 'want some pills? k?'" - Shu Shin Luh, The Chicago Sun-Times

why is it a shame that i'm not doing acid anymore? i think its great that i'm no longer doing it. whats so great about getting trails of my hand and thinking my cat is talking to me? or maybe our enlightening conversations that make us feel like we understand the world.....only to forget it anyways. acid is not some kind of magical empowering drug. it just fucks with your head, you see some shit, you have good chats with your buds, its fun for 8 hours, then you go to bed and wait til next weekend. and then at some point in your life you stop doing it. hopefully.
so why is it a shame???

No no, I'm not implying your mood is due to the acid. Jeez, acid doesn't DO anything. It lets your psyche "do" things. But it's you. And LSD is not evil. You're implying an intelligence where there is none. It's a chemical. Your experience on acid, you believe, was evil. And personally I wouldn't even go that far. Have you ever had a nightmare ? Are dreams therefore evil ? No - there is only good or evil with respect to any person involved in a series of thoughts or actions. And as I say, I don't even think your evil. Just... well... a little confrontational or emotional (if you don't mind me saying - it's not against the law or anything
smile.gif
). Now again I ask, does this say anything ? Any links ? Stop thinking acid and start thinking psychedelic (mind manifesting) experiences.
I would agree that acid is not for everyone, and many people feel it's useless. That's fine.

well i guess we can agree that acid is not for everyone. why is it for you? what do you get out of it? and why can't anyone around here reach that "higher plain" without drugs? and yes- i am confrontational cuz its better than being a pushover, IMO. and i guess i am emotional when it comes to this, cuz that experience was really terrible for me. it made me realize that sobriety is a high on its own. after the next couple times i did 'cid, i stayed away from chems for 3 years. and i guess i did learn something from acid and i use it in sobriety now. i no longer need psychedelics to understand things.

Well ill answer one of your origninal questions.....the other persons dose could have been less strong because of the part of the sheet he or she had it from.....

LSD is not "for me". I use it whenever I feel like it. When the time is right, say about 4 times a year maybe. Once or twice I timed it so it wasn't as interesting as it could have been, but it's a good mind laundering. I've never had a bad trip, but I acknowledge that it's always a possibility. You could end up in a very uncomfortable place you don't want to be, that you want out of immediately. You have to reflect on that afterwards and not blame the drug. It's a learning process, and I use it less and less to be honest. And you are correct, you can get as much out of mental exploration, in theory, without it. But it takes a lot of practice, as I understand. Okay so I used drugs.
Meditation is great for clearing your mind. So is practicing similar techniques at the point just before you fall asleep - hypnogogia. Lucid dreaming is great too, if you can manage to keep from waking up all the time (LD is difficult to get into when you're working).
But at the right time LSD can bring out feelings of being trapped in a job you don't like... then you jack it in and go into business for yourself with a resolution not to be scared - and you never look back. Trust me on that.
I can't deny that negative experiences happen, and you can't deny that positive experiences happen.
I would ask you: Why did you decide to do LSD ? And how much did you know about it going in ? And how did you prepare ?