• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - Experienced - oh god...i'm NEVER doing acid again!

I know i am a greenlighter so ill try to keep this short as possible. I am 24 now i started on acid when i was 15 i have probaly taken anywhere from 40-50 hits most of it was taken during my time in the navy (due to drug testing) yes your us military is on acid and there is alot that do it... i have had only one bad trip and i can honestly say i was the one that caused it my past of wrong doing caught up with me and boy did it kick my ass i did'nt touch acid for a while till i figured out what really happend well like i siad above it was me... i know it sounds wierd i cant go into detail about it but maybe someone out there can understand what i am trying to say...
now my trips are beautiful
The Eagel has landed what a beautiful bird

I think when we all need to sit down and delve into the reasons behind why we are taking the drug in the first place. Alot of valid points have been portrayed in the above posts. Drugs affect us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. The peak of the experience is controlled by what our mind desires us to experience.
A drug cannot make you do things you dont want to do... you are the one controlling your mind. You control the degree of intensity when you are on the drug.
In my personal experience with any form of drug, the reaction you feel is all a direct response to what your telling your mind you want to feel. Drugs are a mind game, as with LSD. You can be completely straight, walk down a road and imagine you're somewhere you're not, or imagine seeing somthing in front of you... u control the power to hullicinate to the degree of intensity you desire.
I've been with mates when we've all popped identical xtc tablets and experienced a totally different journey to them. Watched them totally flip out during their peak and try and kill themselves... all the while i'm beside them talking them thru it during my peak on the same tab.
IT IS ALL IN YOUR MIND!!! And there is scientific evidence to prove otherwise...
People who use drugs have to be prepared for the consequences assoicated with their use. You can use drugs..but learn not to abuse them. Take the time to learn what they are doing to your body and make necessary precautions to endeavour to enjoy your trips instead of being frightened of them.
To me drugs have made me a stronger person mentally. They teach you who you really are and they give you an opportunity to express the person you hide inside. It is when you learn to express that hidden person when you are off the drugs ... that is when the fun starts!!!

Ok, so you knew that I'd eventually have to pop on into the conversation......
First off, so what if one person never wants to trip again, and another person loves to trip. To each their own......and acid is a drug that is not for everybody.
I can understand "mommy's" point of view....I had a bad trip and havent tripped since. That was seven years ago. acid isnt for some people, just as it is awesome for others. Stop arguing and comparing the negative/good aspects, which is really hard cause it varies for each individual.
Well, someone did ask a question about someone who doesnt do acid anymore if they would do other stuff, like shrooms. And what was the experience after their bad trip.
I did shrooms this years, which made it 6 years after my bad acid trip. I like shrooms better than acid...just my opinion. To me, shrooms are more controllable....ud have to do them to try. So yea, you can have a bad experience with acid and still do shrooms and have a good experience. Then again, each individual is different. I havent shroomed since april, and when i get the urge i will do it again. Acid lasts forever, specially if your having a bad trip, whereas shrooms are always 5-6 hours. But dont think you cant flip out on shrooms, cause Ive seen someone flip out on them before. Its just more controllable, like coming back to reality.
my .02 cents.
Shelle

i can relate. i will never do acid again either. I had such a bad experience this one time that I had to move. I couldn't live at that place anymore because everything in the house reminded me of that horrible night. everyday i walked around my house i thought i was tripping. it sucked!! it only took one really bad experience to make me stop...but everyone is different. i still avoid my old street all together because of it.
b

Yo MOmmy, it's cool, when I was tripping, I sorta had some bad moments myself, I went through a lot of bad emotional experiences, but it was all to the good ... I mean, it's cool that you want to give it up totally, dont take shit from anyone who tells you differently! I myself love acid, but really hate the after affects, and I'm glad im new to it, so I dont get the neck and back pains as badly ... But when I did acid for the first time like one week ago
smile.gif
I tripped from like 10pm to 3:30pm the next day ... it was all really fucked up, but well worth the 10$
smile.gif

Peace out
And not everyone who wears Ecko, sells drugs
smile.gif

I wear Eddie Bauer and sell drugs as well ;P

People react differently on acid. I dont think it was coz u got a bad trip, may have been, but I think your own feelings, emotions and psyche plays a larger role then the trip itself. The drugs just alter you.
If your on it, and your cat starts talking or whatever, just laugh it off or have a deep and meaningful conversation with your cat. You shouldnt worry about it, you are on acid. Most of the time I drop it lasts for ages, way longer then a few hours. And I know what you mean by feeling that it wont end, but just try not to worry about it. Tell yourself that it will end, or that there is nothing wrong and its just the drugs. Sounds like you just freaked yourself out. Oh, and you would want to goto the toilet before you drop. Perhaps also fast a few days before, I hear your get better experiences if you do that and dont eat any junk food to clean out your system. It all contributed into the trip.
You might wanna try amt. I have, its like acid/speed/mdma. The good thing about it is if it gets too much you can control it. Just by walking, or talking to someone, the effects get reduced majorly.
------------------
Live to trip, trip to LIVE

"I'm from the more spiritual school of thought that believes that LSD and other psychedelic drugs tap into
a cosmic reality/energy (for lack of a better word) and opens up doors that extend beyond our own
psychological make up. I also don't believe that it was merely a psychological instability that caused my
friend to have such a severe reaction. There is a lot that we don't understand about our cosmos and we
need to have some respect for it."
Gelquickly- i think you are right on the money with that one.

I stayed on an acid high for like 3 or 4 days.....
I reckon it's like this: you take acid, have a really bad time, and get so convinced that this bad stuff is reality. My uncle took acid, flipped, and never came down. He then killed himself. Not nice.
One acid experience I had, I became so happy that I was convinced that reality was happy. I didn't come down off that happy high for days.
First trip I had I totally flipped, but the whole while I had faith. In what, I can't say. I just knew that it didn't matter what happened. Sure, i'm in grade 6 standing in a circle with my friends, playing 'bash up paul britt' who stands in the middle. Sure, i'm convinced that i've taken acid by myself and then created my two friends to talk to... i'm totally schitzophrenic, completely insane.
Are you scared of hell?
bad acid is your ego talkin'. You ego says, 'ahh, I want to stab people!' My ego is pretty whacked, he thinks he can save the world or something.... the point is that you are not your ego. The bad trips are born from you, yes, but only to the extent that you are your ego.
The strength to laugh at fear is hard to get, but when you have it, you are invincible.
You take acid, go to your own little hell, and then you realise that hell doesn't exist.

"The strength to laugh at fear is hard to get, but when you have it, you are invincible."
I wish i had that strength, but i know that i don't. Therefore, i know that im not ready for this.
frown.gif

hey mommy, that shit is not for you. it happens. i have only done it twice, i had a good time, but i had NO idea it could last that long, or make me feel like that. but, i have an auto-mental-defense system for when that sort of stuff gets a little hairy(i used this when i was rolling HARD for the first time too) i just tell myself that i am in control. and then i ask myself: "If i am in control, what's the problem? All this shit is in my head anyway, so what's the problem?" that has stopped my from shoutin' at my shoes when i rolled, and kept me calm when i tripped into the new year, and i only needed to do that a few times. but, every one is different, every amount of drug you ever take can't be the exact same, and neither can the situation, but like every one else has said, its all in your head, and as for you not ever doing that stuff again, you wont't need to ever worry about getting busted with it, which is good. (oh yeah, that 'shoutin at my shoes' means puking)
pece out

the first time that i did acid, i had a really bad trip. one that took me 9 months to even consider doing it again. when i did decide to do it again, i educated myself and prepared myself, i think that if you don't prepare properly, then you will have a rough time. now i have tripped on acid around 30 times, and each time i prepare extensively. make sure that you are in the right atomosphere, with people the you can trust, and make sure you know what your plans are while you are going to be tripping. the less stress, the better. well, i thought that i would just throw my two cents in. later on

I'm sorry you had a bad trip that sucks.
Acid is a mind altering drug....in some people anything said to them becomes reality when tripping. Bad trips happen all the time and it isn't always the person's fault. It just happens and nobody can explain why. I had a friend who went on a bad trip and disappeared for 3 hours....we found her on the side of the road passed out she doesn't remember anything except looking in a mirror and seeing her exboyfriend who used to beat her. So if you people out there want to use acid...it's your choice and most of us reading this have done it. But don't put someone down for having a bad trip where they cannot regain control over themselves....it could happen to anyone of us at anytime no matter how much or how little we take. MOMMY: I admire you for quitting acid it is probably the best thing in your case. And all you others out there take care and have fun but know your limits.
PLUR