• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February - Getting and staying clean/sober thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedLeader

Bluelight Crew
Mani%2Bmandala%2Bwith%2BHri%2Bcopy.jpg

Let's try and get the most out of these 28 days!

I'm back with regular gym access and it's going to be a month of pushing myself to the limits. I'm not settling for anything less than 28 days of killer workouts and disciplined diet. And as I said in the last thread, I would love to find a second job. And perhaps I can make a new friend or two.

January can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome February. I hope to be in a good place by the end of the month.

Yep this weather is makin m so sleepy alright gonna nap zzzz

I'm in for another month. It's going to be a cold one...

This month I would like to continue to stay off etizolam and heroin. I would also like to go into the mountains as it's been far too long for me since I have gone climbing. It would be sweet to have another month clean and another technical climb under my belt.

It's started off w/ lots of snow... (and no sleep) Let's roll out w/ some sunshine and rest!

I'm starting to go out and hang with people at least a few nights a week after meetings. It's really making a big difference in my self esteem and I'm getting better at being social. Just taking some practice, that's all. I suppose I shouldn't have expected it to be easy after so many years of any social situation revolving around doing or selling drugs.

I'm starting to go out and hang with people at least a few nights a week after meetings. It's really making a big difference in my self esteem and I'm getting better at being social. Just taking some practice, that's all. I suppose I shouldn't have expected it to be easy after so many years of any social situation revolving around doing or selling drugs.

I find that this really helps me. When I put together my two years of clean time before, it was a huge help that my sponsor pushed me to "be a part of." They say it isn't just attending meetings, but it's hanging out with those who have found a new way to live, and even jumping in there and doing some "service work" too.

I hope Feb is good for us all.

I know we can all do it.

^^ Hanging out with other guys is sort of new for me too. I don't think I've ever had a close friend that was male. People I hung out with, sure - but nobody I would ever confide in. Always in a close relationship with a girl or have closer friends that are girls. In the past I have anyway, currently only have acquaintances.

Working on it though, and it feels good to be making an effort at least.

Hell yeah stardust!

264 here. But as always, all I ever have is today.

Stressful day at work. It's unfortunate that a lot of the jobs that us people in early recovery find ourselves working are roles designed for extroverts with good people skills - retail, food/hospitality, sales, support, etc. I am extremely shy and anxious dealing with the public, so much so that I get confused and absent-minded, and then I end up screwing up or falling behind. And I'm not a natural-born salesman at all. I wish that I could find something that I could easily be hired into that would use my shy personality and desire to work alone to the advantage. My boss speaks to me with this condescending attitude like I'm intentionally slacking or that I'm not all there because my life isn't responsibly lived or whatever. But I'm really just very awkward, and when I try not to be awkward, it gets even worse.

Got a good workout in, though.

What are the reasons we feel this way? What do we value in a way that causes this?<3

24 more evryone:)

NSFW:
986-800.jpg

Last edited:
^^ I don't know if it's about valuing and holding onto "being that way", It's just the way we are.

I mean, I have been making an effort to change myself, however. I am introverted and anti social by nature, ever since I was a little kid. I think a lot of it had to do with my home situation and spending most of my time from a very young age off on my own avoiding the people in my life. I know being this way is not at all conducive to making friends and creating a support network of people that legitimately care about you, and so I've been forcing myself to be social the last few weeks and the last two days actually i have begun to find it much easier to talk bullshit with people, where as usually I can only talk about real shit which doesn't always work especially when first meeting someone.

Anyway, It's not about holding onto being an introvert, it's about people not know where to even begin to change - not even necessarily change, but "adapt" - just my 2 cents, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.