• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin dope, how bad?

jakejake678

Bluelighter
Hey bluelight. ive had experience with opiates and even built up tolerance where a OC 30 would barely have be nodding. anyway i just got a hook up for raw white girl, raw smack and rocks (think im gonna stay away from the rocks hahaha). it all comes from this one nig (nothing wrong with African American's, only way to describe this guy. he is a serous hustler.) but im wondering how bad/ addictive acutely is herion? im plan on using it every weekend / every other weekend. my ROA would be nasally, due to my needlephobia. ive read about how bad the w/d's can be and don't want to end up like a junkie so also how often should i use? thanks -Jake

(other opiate experience) ive only shot once, 4 mg dilly (sooooooo nice). the main reason i would be switching to the H is because my girl with the dilly 8mg fell through some legal shit so its really the only opiate i can find. ive done up to 20 mg of opana, and have not had any herion experience yet)

Last edited:
If you start using it every weekend it will turn into "I cant handle my job without it", then "I cant get out of bed without it", then "I cant live a second without it". The withdrawals will make you cry. If you want to mess around with it then do it no more than 3 times a month.

You're playing with fire... That is all, there is no way we can tell your future but we can only suspect how it will be like. Dope is bad and is some risky ass shit to be messing with. Once every weekend is what you hope it will only be until its no longer that and its now everyday just to feel normal.. If you do decide to do it be safe and if you know you love it too much do your best to run as far away from it as you can.

as an experienced opiate user, i only have one piece of advise for you. Stay away from opiates, for as long as you can put it off.

The addiction is of different, subtle nature that you can be fully dependent and you don't even think you have a problem yet. I am now master of my own addiction, but for the longest time, i was blisfully unaware that addiction and the desire for opiates was influencing every move and every decision i have made.
It took me comming to terms with it, acknowledging that i have a problem, and then starting to minimize the harm associated with my addiction. I am now on a self administered regiment of around 350mg's of codeine a day, which doesn't really get me high, but takes away that constant craving and nagging and itching to use. Even though i try to stay off anything other than my maintenance codeine, i am contemplating weather or not to shoot these 4mg Dilaudid's i recently came across. I still need to take the codeine every day, otherwise the chance of relapse (okay, technically i am not clean, since i am using codeine) is too big, and once i slip, god knows what corner of my own version of hell i end up in.

And how did it all start? Curiosity, bad decisions, bad judgement, carelessness, and now, i have a monkey on my back :|
So my advise, don't use it. Ignorance is bliss. I wish i never experienced opiates.

I started with codeine and I didn't even know when I started to i.m. up to 1g of codeine i.m. (3 months). Then I started shooting i.v. morphine sulphate from ampules and also various pharmaceutical opioids like pethidine, fentanyl etc. Why did I even start it? Well, I guess at the age of 14 I was already past 14-year old stuff.

At the beginning it was no problem for me... I even came out of 2 overdoses unscathed. I started dating a great girl older than me one Fall... During this period I shot up hydromorphone . Next Fall, I dated her friend, months after she had passed away. Same Fall my city ran out of morphine and I didn't like the taste of what I could have made from codeine. Hydrocodone was terrible, oxycodone was still nowhere near morphine and at that point I couldn't make morphones. I started shooting up brown heroin, 9 months, so piss wasted! I stopped heroin for some time but it was less than 2 months and I was back on morphine. My lab was bigger. I began having episodes with methadone because it was quite hard to maintain on 240-260mg morphine / day.

Eventually my last rally ended at 40mg levorphanol / 160-200mg morphine or so, I tried buprenorphine and didehydrobuprenorphine but it didn't work for me. I had to go on methadone after 4 months because going through bupe with 3-methylfentanyl wasn't really safe or blissful. Anyway, my madness with opioids was so big that I've tried hell of a lot of opioids never manufactured for medicinal purposes. And even though I managed to stay on methadone for like 1.5 years, I've gone on a binge lately with stuff I still have a lot of.

Now I want to change my life drastically by moving from my country. I'm not on a methadone program because all 10 in Poland turned me down for various stupid and ridiculous reasons because they just couldn't say I would be like 1000th in the queue, all programs are overpopulated. Imagine how hard it is for me now to move to another country (I have to go there by plane) and take methadone to survive there and start "new" life. Yeah, it will be new life beside the fact I will still be on methadone and, oh I forgot, I've been addicted to benzodiazepines for over 7 years so I have to take clonazepam with me too.

Don't touch this shit. There's nothing like putting it off. You either start it or not. You do, you're lost. You don't, you've got one very big problem off your back!

Don't even do it dude. I know it seems cool to be in the hood and cop but then after usage you'll fall in love and eventually a weekly thing or whatever will turn into daily and you'll have an addiction like us all.

Man I been down that road. Some 40 something year old lady got me to bring her to the hood where I tried my first bag. After going the first time, I was always hesitant to go since it's been labeled the "most dangerous city in America" for many years, I thought it was alright to bring her for gas money and a bag. Soon I started going by myself and getting my own connects and now I can't stop.

I've just spent hundreds on Kratom and probably won't get anybody gifts this year because of how bad I want to get clean. Don't do it dude. You'll live a crappy life. I used to think addiction was for the weak minded. No man, it fucks with your brain, your chemistry, and the physical withdrawals are the worst. You actually become physically dependent on the crap, you don't even know or want to know how that feels.If you do it once, please don't do it again. My prayers to you bro.

as i have said before, he has tried heroin, and if you feel you want to try it you should explore that.
**However, constantly ""trying"" something ends up as using it. And that can be followed by addiction, depending on personality.

Wow im shocked,

To all your needle users - you knew what you were getting into by picking up a needle so quit trying to make us feel sorry & pity you, you got the rewards now its time to pay the concequences of your actions.

Grow up, I think your all old enough by now.

Jake, you can in theory use for a couple of days, have three or four days off, use for a couple more days, and so on, suffering nothing worse than feeling slightly rough occasionally when you've had a bit of a run at it. You can certainly have little two and three day binges on a weekend and still get up for work on monday, staying straight all week till friday comes around again, without developing a 'proper' habit. Question is, are you absolutely convinced that you have the strength of will to manage your use? There's not an addict or ex-addict on the planet wasn't equally convinced in their own strength of will and ability to manage it, and didn't work out quite that way for them. What makes you different?

Heroin is very seductive. Unlike lots of other drugs that don't lend themselves to over-frequent use, either because of lessening of desired effects or increase in negative ones, you can do Heroin every day, for days and days at a time, with no loss of effect, and no significant ill effects beyond the aforementioned feeling slightly rough for a day or so when you stop. If you enjoy heroin though there is a very good chance that your runs will eventually get that little bit longer, and the time off between them will get that little bit shorter, cos hey, you can still go to work friday if you get chance of some gear on the thursday, can't you, and you know, you felt a bit rough monday and didn't sleep so good so tuesday's turned out to be a shitty day at work and maybe just a little taste tonight so you can sleep wouldn't do any harm. You have to work at acquiring a 'real' habit, no question, and it will take a coupla months at least of daily use before you move from feeling slightly rough to suffering proper acute withdrawal symptoms, but if you've got the money and a readily, easily available supply it's very easy to move further along that road than you intended. Then you're left with the question if you didn't have the will to prevent you getting there in the first place, do you have the will to just quit it cold and ride out the withdrawals?

Do it by all means, but keep an eye on yourself. If you find that what was intended as a one night only treat once or twice a month is turning into a coupla days use more frequently, and if you find you're making little rationalisations that enable you to use more frequently than you originally intended, probably time to stop and have a word with yourself.

Last edited:
i won't beat around the bush opiates/opioid drugs are hell especially the stronger ones like heroin/dilauadid/oxy ect.

Wow im shocked,

To all your needle users - you knew what you were getting into by picking up a needle so quit trying to make us feel sorry & pity you, you got the rewards now its time to pay the concequences of your actions.

What a prickish comment... The OP came here for advice, with questions and inquired about the withdraw. No one asked for your sympathy dude, so get off your high horse and take your judgment somewhere else.

thanks for the advice all really appreciate it. i am prescribed 1 mg k pins which could really help the w/d's. im thinking about just giving it a try once with some close friends who also want to try it, and really limit my usage and keep my eye on it. if my girl with the 8mg dilly i use to cop from all the time didn't get busted i wouldn't be stuck in this situation but opiates are defintly my drug of choice, and not being able to find any besides like shitty tramadol or like codiene (gross). i really apprecaite all the input though. im afraid though im going to tell my self im going to try it once, and hit the dude right back up the next day or something because he is always available.

Another one of these threads?

Your oxycodone experience doesn't mean shit. Codeine-derived opioids versus morphine-derived opioids are practically psychedelic tryptamines versus psychedelic phenethyamines, only in the opioid case, most obviously prefer the latter type after being exposed.

Like anything, it simply depends on how much you like it. I don't like oxycodone enough to use it, but I love tramadol enough to do it daily and just 'like' heroin and do it occasionally. If you 'like' heroin and don't have an addictive personality, you can keep its use relegated to weekends regardless of ROA you take. You're more likely to love it, especially if you shoot it, and do it more often.

Wow im shocked,

*slap* I ain't no needle user. I don't know who you're referring too. I've shot for like a whole week and then got arrested and that was back in 09. I've been doing dope for 5 years. I'm 21 and I snort it. It fucking sucks and is a shitty habit. Sometimes I miss all the old jail sentences I used to get for getting in trouble and being stupid with dope, because in jail at least you're clean and stay clean,well aside from the hood jail they gave me 2x Tylenol 3's 3x a day. :D

How bad is dope?

The worst. Its destroyed more lives than anyone can count. However I can count on one hand how many have got OUT without losing everything once if not twice. Or still fighting & relapsing 10 years down the road. I know a lot of people would tell you if they knew how things would have played out they would have stayed the HELL away..

How bad is dope?

The worst. Its destroyed more lives than anyone can count. However I can count on one hand how many have got OUT without losing everything once if not twice. Or still fighting & relapsing 10 years down the road. I know a lot of people would tell you if they knew how things would have played out they would have stayed the HELL away..

This is true. And you're lucky all of us fucked up addicts even have Internet access, forreal. You know how many times I've went homeless, or without electricity, or cable/TV or net access?

This is true. And you're lucky all of us fucked up addicts even have Internet access, forreal. You know how many times I've went homeless, or without electricity, or cable/TV or net access?

That's the truth, man.. That's been my predicament as of late, minor bouts in jail/homeless. I've kicked shooting dope so many times and I still have a habit, i always go back. I remember after the first day I bought heroin instead of oxy because I was sick, I never went back to pills really and it was downhill real fast.

The logical harm reduction answer is simply stay away. You're free to test your will power but chances are if you get in too deep you will NOT realize it until too late, and you'll have a habit, getting sick, doing stupid shit you'd never imagine doing previously just to get a bag or two.

Whatever you choose to do, keep in mind there is a good chance it will change your life from that moment forward.

^ Reading your location too right now. I forgot to mention the psych institutions. Yep I've been in-patient before. Not volunteer either, fucking locked the fuck in. Better than jail but still sucks.

Hey bluelight. ive had experience with opiates and even built up tolerance where a OC 30 would barely have be nodding.

bro, you dont even know what youre getting into. 30mg of oxycodone wouldnt even make my nuts itch. youre FAR from the point when people switch to heroin. turn yourself around while you can. if 30mg makes you NOD. heroin is way too strong for you. no amount of oxy can make me nod, but its like a stimulant to me. STAY AWAY from the H man...