• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to use Opanas Safely ? (oxycodone vs. oxymorphone and B.A.)

RoxisLover

Bluelighter
I just acquired 20 10mg IR Opanas and started reading up on them. I see alot of people claiming they are dangerous and you will OD easy on them so I just needed a question answered. I normally take a 30mg roxi in the am and them 15mg roxis every 3 or so hrs after that until im ready for bed. Will I be safe taking 1 of these in the am and then redosing with 5mg every 3 or 4 hrs ? I've only used these a couple times and I know how they compare to Oxy ( mg to mg ) but I just wanted to make sure before I started taking them throughout the entire day.

Thanks in advance and these will be used nasally due to there BA...

Are you taking the roxies orally or nasally? and you want to snort the oxymorphone...

that might be a little much actually... snorting 10mg of oxymorphone will yield about 4mg in your blood... and 1mg oxymorphone = 20mg oxycodone. so snorting 10mg of Opana would be like 80mg of oxycodone in your blood. that is like snorting 160mg of oxycodone or like taking 90mg orally.

and then adding the 5mg every few hours... thats going to be a lot based on the amount of oxycodone you take. you would need to lower the doses. i would think.

Are you taking the roxies orally or nasally? and you want to snort the oxymorphone...

that might be a little much actually... snorting 10mg of oxymorphone will yield about 4mg in your blood... and 1mg oxymorphone = 20mg oxycodone. so snorting 10mg of Opana would be like 80mg of oxycodone in your blood. that is like snorting 160mg of oxycodone or like taking 90mg orally.

and then adding the 5mg every few hours... thats going to be a lot based on the amount of oxycodone you take. you would need to lower the doses. i would think.

So what kind of dosing would be some what equivalent to my current dosing of oxy ? Would I be better off taking it orally ? I normally snort the oxy if that is a help because I heard the BA is higher that way. Thank you so much for the help.

1mg of oxymorphone does not equal 20mg of oxycodone I dont know where u got that from but i would recheck your source. If I were you roxislover (im assuming you have never done oxymorphone before) start with half the pill and go from there to see how you feel. The first time I did opana I did about 5mg and was straight and I had a similar tolerance and you should be fine redosing throughout the day as I do this all the time. One thing to keep in mind is to wait atleast 10 - 20min after your first dose as it can take a bit to kick in and you can always take more but you cannot take back what you have already taken. Dont take it orally it is a waste.

1mg Oxymorphone equals 2mg Oxycodone. So, it's simple math 30mg Oxycodone/2mg = 15mg Oxymorphone. You have too rememer this when using oxymorphone it's easy to overdose. Oral has 10% BA, 40% Insufflated, 100% IV/IM.

Last edited:
yeah i guess ill have to check where i heard that... i could be wrong... my source was not that credible i believe i got it from reading around the forums.

though i think i remember that the opana website had this information. it stated that an Opana ER 20 is equivalent to an OxyContin 40... the oral bioavailability of oxymorphone is 10% so an ER 20 would yield 2mg in the blood... if 2mg oxymorphone = 40mg oxycodone, then 1mg oxymorphone =20mg oxycodone.

well i searched the opana site and couldnt find it although i found this opiate converter

http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

the results confirmed what i thought... 20mg opana oral = 40mg oxycodone oral.

anyway, all that really matters is how it affects you so i would take the advice and just insufflate half a pill and see how it affects you and go from there. yes oxymorphone is a potent opiate and is easy to overdose on if not used carefully... if you take a smaller dose and build from there to see what fits you you wont have any problems or worry of overdose.

If in doubt, take less than you think you should. Increase the dose as necessary. With 20, you should know by the first 1 or 2 what a good dose is and can enjoy the remaining quantity.

yeah rath you are right, i was just thinking of it in a different way.

1mg ORAL opana = 2mg ORAL oxycodone.

since opana has 10% oral BA and oxycodone has about 90% lets say.

.1mg opana = 1.8mg oxycodone.

SO

1mg opana = 18mg oxycodone.... so yes, it really is this potent. so thats definitely why you should be careful although 5mg to start and moving from there should be completely fine.

1mg Oxymorphone equals 2mg Oxycodone. So, it's simple math 30mg Oxycodone/2mg = 15mg Oxymorphone. You have too rememer this when using oxymorphone it's easy to overdose. Oral has 10% BA, 40% Insufflated, 100% IV/IM.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what makes them so easy to OD on ? For example, is it possible to OD without even being very high on them ? I understand my limits and when I did them before 10mg only felt a little better than a 30mg roxi. Would I have to be beyond the point of nodding before I would OD or could I OD without even being high on ; without even really expecting an OD ?

If that makes any sense.. lol.. I cant really explain what I mean, I just dont understand why everyone is saying there so much more easy to OD on then oxy and it kinda scares me to be honest

The only reason they are 'easier' to overdose on than oxycodone is because they are more potent. They have very similar effects and there is nothing inherently more dangerous about an oxymorphone high. Since this is mostly a dosage question I think I'll move it to BDD.

OD >>> BDD

Last edited:
Taking 1 of these 10 mg Opana's should be enough to get you a decent buzz. If 1 doesn't do absolutely anything, then after about 45 minutes, take half of 1 tablet.

I do not recommend you take more than 1 tablet. And take it only through the oral route. Do NOT snort oxymorphone. It is highly potent and thus easier to OD on.

Taking 1 of these 10 mg Opana's should be enough to get you a decent buzz. If 1 doesn't do absolutely anything, then after about 45 minutes, take half of 1 tablet.

I do not recommend you take more than 1 tablet. And take it only through the oral route. Do NOT snort oxymorphone. It is highly potent and thus easier to OD on.

You are the first to tell me to take it orally rather than snort it. I have read probably over a 100 posts on this forum saying it is a waste and never take it orally ? Keep in mind my daily dosing of roxi doesnt even get me to the point of a "high". I just take it because it gives me confidence and a better since of well being. It would take around 40 to 50 mg of oxy to give me a decent high.

Thanks

Also, can an OD happen without expecting it or do I have to be beyond the point of nodding for one to occur ? I can base my dosing on how I feel off the drug but I dont want to continue doing it if I could od and not even know I was getting to that point.

According to conversion charts IV Oxymorphone is x20 more potent than Oxycodone. The BA of insufflated Oxymorphone is half the BA of the IV route so it would probably be x5-10 more potent than Oxycodone insufflated. The BA of Insufflated Oxycodone is LESS than oral so when you compare the dosage between insufflated or oral, it won't be higher.

What I have heard is that Insufflated Oxymorphone is x5 more potent than oxycodone (insufflated or oral) which would mean that 6mg oxymorphone is equivalent to 30mg oxycodone. This potency comparison is just from what I have heard on here and from people I know.

So I wouldn't recommend you take anymore than 10mg, or maybe you should just snort half first to get a taste. If you don't feel it in 30 minutes snort another 5mg.

Orally its not a complete waste, you just don't get the full effects of oxymorphone. You will still get high if you were to take a couple of those 10mg tablets. That would be equivalent to 40mg oxycodone but that's assuming you want a better chance of getting high from Opana. Not a complete waste.

According to conversion charts IV Oxymorphone is x20 more potent than Oxycodone. The BA of insufflated Oxymorphone is half the BA of the IV route so it would probably be x5-10 more potent than Oxycodone insufflated. The BA of Insufflated Oxycodone is LESS than oral so when you compare the dosage between insufflated or oral, it won't be higher.

What I have heard is that Insufflated Oxymorphone is x5 more potent than oxycodone (insufflated or oral) which would mean that 6mg oxymorphone is equivalent to 30mg oxycodone. This potency comparison is just from what I have heard on here and from people I know.

So I wouldn't recommend you take anymore than 10mg, or maybe you should just snort half first to get a taste. If you don't feel it in 30 minutes snort another 5mg.

Orally its not a complete waste, you just don't get the full effects of oxymorphone. You will still get high if you were to take a couple of those 10mg tablets. That would be equivalent to 40mg oxycodone but that's assuming you want a better chance of getting high from Opana. Not a complete waste.

I just did 5mg and it doesnt seem to be as potent as a 30mg roxi. Do you think I will be fine redosing at 5mg ever 3 or 4 hrs until I get my script filled on tuesday. These are just to help me get by until then.

Thanks

You are the first to tell me to take it orally rather than snort it. I have read probably over a 100 posts on this forum saying it is a waste and never take it orally ? Keep in mind my daily dosing of roxi doesnt even get me to the point of a "high". I just take it because it gives me confidence and a better since of well being. It would take around 40 to 50 mg of oxy to give me a decent high.

Thanks

Also, can an OD happen without expecting it or do I have to be beyond the point of nodding for one to occur ? I can base my dosing on how I feel off the drug but I dont want to continue doing it if I could od and not even know I was getting to that point.

Well its better to be safe, then sorry - right?

You can snort half a pill - but I wouldn't go beyond that.
I would recommend starting off taking 10 mg orally and seeing what that does. Wait an half hour and take a little more (orally).

Well its better to be safe, then sorry - right?

You can snort half a pill - but I wouldn't go beyond that.
I would recommend starting off taking 10 mg orally and seeing what that does. Wait an half hour and take a little more (orally).

Actually I might go that route although EVERYONE else has said dont. Just to be safe.

Thanks

If you already snorted 5mg and it did nothing then take another 5mg within 30 minutes. That is what I recommended (if you decided to go that route).

Also, how long after dosing with opana would I be safe to use Roxi's again incase I find some.

Thanks