Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bong Magic

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Well, I think it's time to let this out of the bag for those that haven't thought of it yet, heard of it, or tried it...
BigTrancer's Bong Magic!
Are you sick of having a resiny stanky pipe that you can't clean properly, or that cleaning takes you an hour and gets you covered head to foot in sticky black gum? Try this simple method:
- safe for plastic and glass pipes
- no harsh chemicals
- no residue taste or smell
- cheap!
Apparatus: Can of cooking oil, mild dishwashing detergent.
  • Open the detergent bottle and place nearby ready for use.
  • Get a can of cooking oil, like canola spray/cook. Spray all over the dirty parts of your pipe liberally (inside and out).
  • Turn on taps to leave a stream of running warm water to rinse with (so you don't have to get what's coming next all over the taps).
  • It's a bit yuck but rub the oil right in to loosen all the resin, this can be done with your hands because you'll be cleaning up later. Don't be scared to get right into it with gusto, but be careful not to drop slippery glass pipes into the sink. You could be devastated if you break it.
  • Rinse well with warm water. Apply detergent to your oily but clean-ish pipe, and rub all over to wash off the oil.
  • Rinse well with water again to remove all detergent. Presto! Your pipe should be far cleaner than before.
How it works: THC resin is partly oil soluble, and the oil loosens all the resin, and that can be simply washed off, then the detergent cleans up the mess gently leaving no residue to taste gross.
Tried, tested, cheap, efficient, happy.
BigTrancer :)

Very Cool BT, better copywrite it before Big Kev takes it over!

^^^^^^^^ LOL :) I wish i knew about this while i was still smoking bongs, now it is time to enlighten my bonghead friends who just can't be fucked buying bong bath every second week!

personally i like to put the glass waterfall in the dishwasher.. comes out cleaner then new, and smelts/tastes like new..
**note if its real dirty, its a good idea to open up dishwasher when its half finished and change the position of it, so it gets a good all round clean. (i dunno if you can just open your dishwasher halfway through, but u can mine)
good thanks folks.

2 Thumb up here BigTrancer :)
My only other surefire way was to use PREEN stainremover, followed by a dose of dishwashing liquid to wash off all the PREEN.
Watch the PREEN blubble the black away.
BT do you think the dose of dishwashing liquid would wash most of the PREEN residue away?I hope :)

Last week I bought a product from "off ya tree" in Brisbane (but they are all over the place) called "bong bath". I think its a mix of tea tree oil and detergent of some kind.
I was sceptical but I filled the bong (glass double chamber) with water, placed the pipe and cone piece etc. inside and poured in a capfull.
My bong is filthy, my house mates and I would pull over 30 cones a day through it but this stuff lifted the resin right off. I left it about 5 minutes and the glass was pristine.
I'm excited.

Bloody oath, sounds like a good idea!
I just usually pull the stem out, get steel wool
and thread it through. I pretty much rinse it after every sesh anyway..

I dont evr use warm or hot water, it seems to encourage bad taste somehow. If you are experienceing bad taste try using cold water. Or put your bng in a bucket and drop in some denture bombs or a heap of bi-carb soda leave to soak then take out and clean normaly.
For those people with a second chamber. if you have troeble getting the gunk out of the small chamber throw it out get a new one, and every time u fill it put a couple of drops of milk in the chamber, this somehow stops shit sticking!

one magic word for you when it comes to bong cleanliness – dissolve-it
this amazing stuff is available at big w or hardware stores - absolutely fantastic and smells nicely of oranges.
it's also very handy getting stick off things if you have tried to peel off a label and it hasn't worked!!

^^Yes, the citrus oil stuff works a treat, far better than bong bath. Toothpaste is pretty good too.
I can't imagine anything worse than a bong in a dishwasher, don't you get lumps of resin in your dishes afterwards?

If you need to CLEAN your pipe/bong, fill a container big enough to immerse the peice with rubbing alcohol. Let it sit overnight (or, two days if it's a really nasty, super intricate peice) and then rinse with hot water.
Viola.
P.S. The alcohol evaporates quick... after you rinse it, it tastes fine.

or you could leave the resin build up for those times when you're stuck without green, and you really, really, really........... REALLY need a smoke. then it's just a quick scrape, scrape, and bob's your dad's brother :) .

Thought i'd add another weed tricky, put a nugget that fits snuggly into your pipe the right size so that it won't make smoking weed impossible. After several sessions you've got yourself a nice nug coated in resin.
sha-weet.

Yeah, I can sorta see how this is related to harm minimisation - who knows what the fuck grows on the inside of a bong... ;)

Just one more thing, a mate just came around with this one from the lady at the Surfers Paradise Bong Shop....She reckons that if you soak 2 denture tablets in you bong until it's clean as a new one :)
Mate gives his 3 thumbs up on this one peole ;)