• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Getting the most out of mushrooms...

you guys are wrong about PE (penis envy) although they are cubes they are deffinitely much more potent and 1 gram will provide your average person with a ++ trip. But any way you look at it they are more potent by weight then B+'s and other strains of cubensis

Not that im saying the OP has PE, or a particulary potent strain, just that they definitely exist

I wouldn't call a ++ "tripping balls" though dude.

@rocker97x PE's are definitely hybrid cubes... Most people will tell you they were developed by Terence Mckenna, but this about all we know for sure:

"When Shroom pioneer Terrance McKenna first opened his online store, many years ago, the name of the site was Sysygy… it carried one type of un-named cubensis...
The original, or actual name or geographic location origins remain a mystery now, as they did then. But… They are McKenna originals."

^Why? Mushrooms are already active when taken orally, so this is just not necessary. I've never fancied the idea of MAOIs and psychedelics. Things have been known to go wrong on many occasions.
IMO if you're going to use MAOIs with psychedelics use them with something like DMT.

Uh dude, the MAOI + tryptamine combination, particularly MAOI + mushrooms is a highly prized combo by many people. it is supposed to potentiate the psilocyn experience to a very incredible degree for a lot of people. i can see why it would it would be alluring

i wouldn't call it potentiation.

"psilohuasca" (syrian rue + psilocybe shrooms) is definitely more on the level of ayahuasca and DMT. the experience is only a little bit more visual than normal. the major change is the headspace, emotional intensity, and complete face-shredding power.

psilohuasca is the single most powerful experience i have ever had, and it is NOTHING like a "standard shroom trip"

I wouldn't call a ++ "tripping balls" though dude.

Right. which is why I said ++. All I am saying is that there are different strains of cubensis with different potencies. And for the record I would wager a gram of PE in an indivual who has never tripped on mushrooms before would be more then enough for a first time. Im not pulling this out of my ass there is a lot of info online about PE, but this all irrelevent since its (almost definitely) not the strain the OP has anyways.

Uh dude, the MAOI + tryptamine combination, particularly MAOI + mushrooms is a highly prized combo by many people. it is supposed to potentiate the psilocyn experience to a very incredible degree for a lot of people. i can see why it would it would be alluring

Yes I'm well aware of this, and I'm quite familiar with damn near everything 'psychedelic'.

All I was saying is that we already have MAO enzymes so there is no actual need to take an MAOI with an orally active amine.

I didn't say there was no appeal, I said that there was no necessity.

Difference.

well, this thread wasnt about necessity, it was about how to get the most out of an eighth of shrooms.

Fair enough. You are correct after all.

However there have already been several "off" topics discussed here (difference in strain potency, best way to consume, etc)

In any event, I'm not interested in starting an argument. I'll kindly take my leave as I've said what I wanted to say in my first few posts.

OP, please be safe, and I very much hope you enjoy your experience. Mushrooms are a truly wonderful tool :D I do hope you write a trip report as I look forward to reading it.

Last edited:
Re: Getting the most out of mushrooms.......

If you saw this thread last night and helped me out with any insight or anything, thanks man.

as for that 8th of mushrooms... well if i ate the whole thing i probably would have gone fucking nuts.

i ate maybe a gram and a half at max, and gave one of my best friends roughly a gram or a gram and a half(they were eyeballed doses) and had a hell of a time. one of the best trips ive had to date.

spent most of the night conversing about the universe, and watch world and book world. you know what im talking about.
great time, im obviously still comming down off this thing, and its fantastic. thanks bluelighters. thanks a whole lot.

Pretty solid, classic mushroom wavyness. and what i call 3D vision, which is where everything separates and one part is red, and one part is blue. these i feel like were more of a mind load then a visual load, the whole time i was driving around and after conversation i would say "how the fuck am i flying the space shuttle right now?" And my car is now titled the space shuttle. all in all a great time.

at one point:
Me:"wavy gravy"
C:"i was thinking the exact same thing"

it was his first trip, and these were prime mushrooms for a first trip, they were really solid for at least 5 hours,

im still a little trippy.

I hope you weren't the one behind the wheel because driving while tripping is totally irresponsible!

Anyway I merged your threads together, glad you had a nice trip man. :)

What I usually do to get the most out of my zooms is grind them to powder and put them into '00' capsules. Pop about 3-6 to get an initial high, and 10+ to start flyin'! It seems to hit quicker but the trip is shortened by about an hour, at least that's what I've noticed. Being in powder seems to make it a lot more potent.

^i completely forgot about lemon teking. definitely the way to go if you need to make a little mush go a long way... or if you just want to get the most out of yours. Myself, I dont bother with it but its definitely a nifty trick to have up your sleeve

Based on what i experienced and i looked at the rest of the bag, there probably is 2 more trips in there. not insane ones, but definitely trips. Id like to learn about lemon teking, sounds like it might be a really good thing to do. tell me more?

try smoking couple of bongs of harmaline seeds, about 1 hour in, you can get seeds from any iranian or middle eastern food store or market, i think they call them hurmane, Terrence McKenna said it was a great way to potentiate low dose mushroom trips.

he called it vegetable TV

theyre probably penis envy mushrooms. which are 2-3x as potent as average shroomies. they used to be the only mushrooms around my area, more than a handful of dealers didnt understand what they had and sold them as regular potency mushrooms. good times were had =) 1 gram of penis envy's is roughly equal to 2.5 grams or so of normal mushrooms IMO/E.

nice speculation but thats a crock of shit, strain doesnt matter nearly as much as quality of the growing environment, proper substrate etc.

^yah but the point is, is that if you took PE and a more common milder strain like B+, and grew them both in the ideal conditions the PE would easily be the more potent of the two.. Idk how you can call common knowledge a "crock of shit" with out even considering for a moment that you might be wrong. Yes, if you grew PE in a shitty enviroment they would turn out shitty, but hopefully people growing drugs know how to do so. fact is the OP very probably doesnt have PE, and yes people will say they have PE or a stronger strain talking out their ass when they really have a common strain like B+, but that doesnt mean the real deal isnt out there, or that there isnt a ton of information varifying this

Last edited:
Based on what i experienced and i looked at the rest of the bag, there probably is 2 more trips in there. not insane ones, but definitely trips. Id like to learn about lemon teking, sounds like it might be a really good thing to do. tell me more?

Basically lemon teking mushrooms is just grinding and chopping up your mushrooms and letting them sit in a glass submerged in lemon juice for like 20 minutes, then you just drink the lemon juice, and you can throw the mushrooms out cause all the the psilocybin and psilocin is now in the lemon juice (but I always eat em anyways just incase ;)). Now what the lemon juice does, and Im forgetting the exact word, is convert all the psilocybin to psilocin while your letting them soak instead of letting you naturally convert the psilocybin to psilocin in your body, so it makes the experience come on quite a bit faster and with a hell of an extra punch, but will also make your trip a bit shorter (not by much though, an hour at tops).

Last edited: