• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Getting the most out of mushrooms...

personally i doubt the lemon actually speeds up the conversion of psilocybin to psilocin-- really all it is is an acidic extraction that also has enzymes that can break open the tough dried mushroom cell walls before you consume.

personally i doubt the lemon actually speeds up the conversion of psilocybin to psilocin-- really all it is is an acidic extraction that also has enzymes that can break open the tough dried mushroom cell walls before you consume.

this goes against everything i've heard about the lemon tek, but i really have no idea. i'd like to hear some other opinions on this from some pharmacologically snazzy people

An acid (or base) can definitely be the catalyst for a dephosphorylation reaction.
I've never done this tek myself, and while lemon juice may not be the strongest acid in the world (relative pH ~2.5), this seems entirely plausible to me.

I would personally rather just eat the mushrooms though.

Last edited:
Good to know. i also read that it has the consistency and flavor of vomit, any word on that?

If by 'more intense', you mean 'faster onset' , then yes this is indeed the case. Psilocybin is a prodrug and needs dephosphorylation in vivo.
However, the actual amount of alkaloids will remain constant.

If your brand new to mushrooms I would suggest dosing 0.5 grams the first trip, then a gram the second trip then the remaining 2 grams for the final trip.

I didn something similar my first experience with mushrooms I took a small amount the first day then the next day about 2 grams and the day after about 4.5-5 grams which I felt was the perfect introduction to mushrooms for me personally. you can handle the heavier dose because your tolerance is up by then. but trust me it still gets pretty on top of you.

This strategy with your doses will likely be less intense but a very similar introduction method.

^yah but the point is, is that if you took PE and a more common milder strain like B+, and grew them both in the ideal conditions the PE would easily be the more potent of the two.. Idk how you can call common knowledge a "crock of shit" with out even considering for a moment that you might be wrong. Yes, if you grew PE in a shitty enviroment they would turn out shitty, but hopefully people growing drugs know how to do so. fact is the OP very probably doesnt have PE, and yes people will say they have PE or a stronger strain talking out their ass when they really have a common strain like B+, but that doesnt mean the real deal isnt out there, or that there isnt a ton of information varifying this

First PE my be more potent on average but if you grow any kind of strain well its really not gonna matter nearly as much as everyone makes it out to be. All the companies selling theses spores have just realized that if they slap goofy names on very similar products and tell people varying facts about the "different" strains theyre gonna sell a lot more shit. Its like the whole weed strain craze but worse because there actually are noticable differences in effect with weed whereas with mushrooms there are a few active ingredients with one chemical responsible for the vast majority of effects. The strains might have slight differences if grown perfectly by an experienced person but the vast majority of mushrooms on the street are grown more for quantity instead of quality. I know someone whos been growing B+ for years and half an eighth is better then a lot of bags I've had of shit thats supposed to be more potent. It almost entirely depends on your set up and how much care you give them

What I usually do to get the most out of my zooms is grind them to powder and put them into '00' capsules. Pop about 3-6 to get an initial high, and 10+ to start flyin'! It seems to hit quicker

I do this to! Seems to hit much slower IMO, because the gelatin capsules have to break down first.
I find around 8 capsules is a perfect spot to be at.

I like this too because you can keep popping them throughout.
I usually eat like 4, then 10 min later eat 2, then 10 min later eat 2 and then maybe a couple more scattered throughout to make the trip nice and looonnggg.

rue extract taken before hand will greatly enhance the experience
read up on maoi saftey first

still though, 4 trips from 1/8 of cubes is unlikely

this.

if you can get rue seeds just eat like 3 grams around a half hour before you eat the mushies, just make sure you are educated on MAOi's and follow the diet nessesary both the day before and after the trip.

i find the rue adds a very interesting character to the trip, i wish i could elaborate more but ive only done it twice, each time with around a gram and a half of shrooms and 3 grams of rue seeds.

also i just literally dump the rue seeds in my mouth and swallow with water and i find this works fine.

Be safe and happy tripping! <3

^Why? Mushrooms are already active when taken orally, so this is just not necessary.

It's not necessary to experience psilocybin no, but taking a 300mg tablet of moclobemide converts a psilocybin trip into a full-blown DMT trip. With the added benefit of a 2-3 hour longer peak and no nausea. It's the ultimate psychedelic experience.

You can also potentiate more safely with 3g (1 teaspoon) syrian rue seed 45 minutes prior to 2g Shrooms, feels like 3g but LESS anxiety, and a DEEPER more focused spiritual sensation, almost like you can feel the presence of invisible, loving, spirit guides around you. (see "Natural MAOI" thread for more).

i have no idea where you'd even get mochlebemide, though. whereas syrian rue is really easily available. but that might just be my ignorance speaking, if i could access mochlebemide with ease i would prefer it over rue because rue has a nasty tendency to cause nausea for a lot of people (me included)

There is no way to get 3 or 4 intense trips out of an eigth of mush, but I guess you would have to clarify what you mean by "intense" When I eat mushrooms I just pound em down with some thing dank to drink.

Syrian rue more safely than moclobemide?

YES.

moclobemide is a "permanent" (i.e., long-term, as in several days) inhibitor of both MAO-A and MAO-B. This means there are FAR FAR MORE food & drug interactions, and the interaction can still be effective after 4-5 days.

Syrian Rue however, contains Harmine and Harmaline, which are exclusive "temporary" MAO-A inhibitors, and last only a few hours. So they affect many many fewer things and you can go back to ordinary diet in just a few hours.

BIG BIT difference between the two.

And a fairly small dose of Rue (1 teaspoon ground) is quite sufficient to potentiate shrooms, 5-meo-dmt, dmt, and pot.

That much is definitely out of your system in a few hours... and if it it ground to a fine powder in a coffee bean grinder so that it essentially just passes right thru stomach, it rarely causes any nausea at all (whereas I can see swallowing the whole seeds WOULD, due the sudden presence of a clump of lots of hard rock like little things that your stomach does not care to have in it.)

have no idea where you'd even get mochlebemide, though. whereas syrian rue is really easily available. but that might just be my ignorance speaking, if i could access mochlebemide with ease i would prefer it over rue because rue has a nasty tendency to cause nausea for a lot of people (me included)

Trade name is aurorix. Easy enough to get hold of. Probably works out far cheaper than rue too.

YES.

moclobemide is a "permanent" (i.e., long-term, as in several days) inhibitor of both MAO-A and MAO-B. This means there are FAR FAR MORE food & drug interactions, and the interaction can still be effective after 4-5 days.

Syrian Rue however, contains Harmine and Harmaline, which are exclusive "temporary" MAO-A inhibitors, and last only a few hours. So they affect many many fewer things and you can go back to ordinary diet in just a few hours.

That's the exact opposite of the medical information I've read about moclobemide. The whole point of moclo is that it's a reversible MAOI - which makes it far safer and causes less diet complications that irreversible MAOI. That's why it's used as an anti-depressant - because you can use it every day and it's far safer than ordinary MAOI.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry Dwayne, but from a cursory google search Ismene seems to be correct.

Cited from wiki (I don't care what you say about wiki, it's generally pretty accurate about drug dangers):

Dietary advice

"No special diet is necessary, in contrast to irreversible MAOIs. Nevertheless, the patient should avoid excessive consumption of foods containing tyramine (e.g. cheddar cheese, fava beans, chianti wine) in order to avoid a rise in blood pressure."

Also, just curious, given the popularity of potentiating mushrooms with MAOIs, has anyone taken 4-AcO-DMT with an MAOI? Shrooms are sort of hard to come by here at school, and I'll have a plethora of chems, including 4-AcO, for my spring break here (and the apartment to myself... excellent!). I'd be really interested in the combo if it could mirror the intensity of mushrooms and MAOI... I don't see why it wouldn't be comparable.

Anyone have any input?