• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Tramadol

He's been saying he'll drop them in all week but is reliable as an unreliable thing. Later today he reckons. At worst I can always ring his mum and get her to drop 'em off. Knowing dealer's mums ftw :D

'Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following side effects or notice any other effects not listed:

...Extreme sense of wellbeing (euphoria), false sense of uneasiness (dysphoria), confusion, hallucinations (sensing things that are not real), altered mental state (delirium), changes in ability to think or sense clearly, sleeping problems (including nightmares), fits, blurred vision, slowed heart beat, high blood pressure, changes in appetite, muscle weakness, difficulty urinating...'

© Actavis, Barnstaple March 2009, data sheet distributed with Tramadol Hydrochloride 50mg capsules x 30 legitimately obtained through NHS for pain relief after surgery.

So from this are you trying to claim taking tramadol increases your risk of having fits? Sorry but that's bollocks. Of course you should "report to your doctor if you have fits" after taking tramadol. That does not mean it increases the likelihood of having them. You'll find a similar list on pretty much every drug available either by prescription or over the counter.

But remember what they also say:
Do not be alarmed by the following lists of side effects. You may not experience any of them.

I've got what I was aiming for, namely the euphoria, the changes in ability to think clearly, sleeping problems, blurred vision, changes in appetite and difficulty urinating.

I didn't get any of those. And I would often take 4oo-600mg a day. So I guess that makes us even. I think if tramadol was causing millions of people to have fits it would get a bit more of a mention than at the bottom of the "possible side effects" list.

Last edited:
And it fucks with virtually everything else in a borderline lethal kinda way so I have to plan days-weeks in advance (not gonna happen) or just skip it for a day or two either side thus combining feeling like crap before and after indulging most other things with bonus shitty side-effects whist actually using said things. Thank fuck it seems to be okay with 2C-x (surprisingly) and ket.

It's fine with tryptamine psychedelics and mescaline.

I seriously doubt mescaline would be wise for most - got SS written all over that. Only took 100mg plus one LSD tab to almost kill me that time. I know SS is a relatively rare reaction to combing with tram but rare is still possible and I can promise you it is not worth the risk for the sake of a bit of bloody tram :|

Also, tramadol lowers the seizure threshold whether you like it or not. Have posted linkies to plenty of studies that are unequivocal on the matter. It does. Simple as that.

It lowers the seizure threshold in 1% of those who take it who are already susceptible to seizures. Before I ever took it I read every bit of medical information available about it like I do with every drug I consider taking. If I could find any reliable medical info that there was any risk of it giving people who arn't susceptible to seizures then I would never have taken the fucking stuff.

I recomend everyone does their own reading and makes up their own mind.

I did a lot of research before moving up to recreational doses too, and I also went well over the recommended 400mg a day without having seizures. There are enough people out there who report fits after taking it, often in relatively low doses, and enough medical literature to support the view that it may well lower the seizure threshold, even in people who have not previously had seizures. It really does look as though combinations with other drugs can massively increase the risk of serotonin syndrome.

I can't be arsed to argue about it with you and agree that people should do their own reading and make up their own minds about it. Better safe than sorry. It's not like it's a particularly wonderful drug for most people anyway.

if you take methadone i read on the net that tramadol will take you into straight withdraws i got some at home but aint done em yet

id like 2 no where u read that mate! im on a meth script and i have taken tramadol when i've had my methadone and it didn't take me in2 instant withdrawls. i've also taken tramadol's when i have already taken heroin and that didn't make me start 2 withdrawl either! it intensified the effects of the heroin actually, so i dnt no wat idiot posted that on the web site where u saw it... :?

It lowers the seizure threshold in 1% of those who take it who are already susceptible to seizures.

Just to correct this. I should have added this is only true when you take an enormous overdose.

So that means if you give an overdose of Tramadol to 100 epileptics it may lower the seizure threshold in one of them.

I did a lot of research before moving up to recreational doses too

Fair enough. I did too. Perhaps the difference is I didn't read the list of "possible side effects" and immediately conclude that means they are all going to happen if I take the drug.

By all means everyone should do their own research. I've given the results of my research and you've given yours. If anyone has any concerns then they shouldn't take tramadol. It's not much of a high anyway - in fact I'd struggle to even call it a high.

Just to correct this. I should have added this is only true when you take an enormous overdose.

So that means if you give an overdose of Tramadol to 100 epileptics it may lower the seizure threshold in one of them.

I'd be interested to see sources for this because I haven't seen anything which supports such a specific statement, and I've seen a worryingly large number of first hand reports from people who have experienced seizures without prior history after taking Tramadol- not necessarily for the first time.

I didn't read the list of possible side effects and assume that they'd all happen to me. Otherwise I clearly wouldn't have taken the Tramadol even at a therapeutic dose. I've got a similar sheet from some NHS Paracetamol (Mandanol) here and the only side effects mentioned on it are rashes and potential blood disorders.

I'd like to add that there's no need to be so scornful towards people who hold different opinions to your own. I'm not a bad person, you don't need to be unpleasant. I'm putting forward my opinion and backing it up where I can- not to upset you, but because Tramadol seems to me to be quite a dangerous drug and I would prefer other people not to bite their tongues and shit themselves in search of a pretty hit and miss buzz.

I'm not being scornful to you. I'm stating what I found when I read the medical information before I considered taking tramadol.

Just saying "It lowers the seizures threshold" to anyone thinking of taking it is innaccurate and simplistic. And it pisses in the pool for any sensible debate ever after.

Couldn't say either way about the withdrawals as I'm not a regular strong opiate user, but i enjoy the tramadols, maybe 200mg, and a little weed and maybe a clonazepam. I find the well-being i get (which can last next day) better than any antidepressant I've given the chance to acclimate. Are there any long-term risks with this type of use maybe twice a week? Never would mix anything strong with it and I've never had a seizure. I can see long term daily use and quitting being a downer but quitting Celexa would probably be worse.

Last edited:
been battering the trams for a while, no side effects to report. not to say that there might be though! had 12 over the space of a few hours one night. usually have 300mg in one dose at the start of a day

get onto this!

When taken with dihydrocodeine they have a mad reaction and a period of severe disociation ensues!
But... I took a shit load of 200mg 12 hour release tramadol and loads of dhc, in fact, far too much! My friend said the last thing I said was I'm starting to come down now, then collapsed on my face and began to fit! I woke up in hospital, imissing a tooth! I tried to discharge myself because there is no one else to feed my dog! They wouldn't let me, when I walked out the filth grabbed me, took me down the cells and beat me half to death! They had my hands cuffed behind my back and where brreaking my ribs with their sticks!
And they wonder why people go round shooting them!

0_o ....

Anyway...

You're welcome for the advice ructions and thankyou for taking it :)

The experiences I've had with them have been:
Alone - 50mg once every hour until I had taken a max of 400mg, not much happened at all.

While on gear - Same dose again and the high I recieved from the gear was extremely prolonged :$ Which was odd but pleasant!

Withdrawals are supposed to be the worst, like combining DHC and Fluoxetine withdrawals together at the same time.
And as for getting precip. withdrawals from taking them with Methadone, that's not going to happen.
The only substance this is likely to happen with is if you happen to take the Trams frist then Buprenorphine after.

Both Methadone and Buprenorphine should block (most of ) the effects of Tramadol but surprisingly there's been anecdotal reports on here of people being able to feel it over their juice or subs :?

How much tramadol do you think you would need to be taking & how often/for how long before you'd get withdrawals?

Obviously varies a lot between individuals but for me I'd say that w/d becomes noticeably more unpleasant if you're using 200mg or more daily. Less than that can also be pretty icky if you stop dead but nothing too horrific. The 200mg mark seems to be a pretty big step up in unpleasantry if you don't taper at all. As for how long it takes, again variable but daily for a month or so would be enough to experience some definite w/d effect, I'd think.

Tapering is odd with tram. I can drop 50mg a day quite easily with few real bad effects but once I get to around 250mg it gets significantly harder to go lower without feeling like crap. It's definitely much better than stopping dead though cos that's deeply shit.

And it seems that the worst part is the "Antidepressant-like withdrawals". All those "Brain Zaps" and such ... urg! :|

Obviously varies a lot between individuals but for me I'd say that w/d becomes noticeably more unpleasant if you're using 200mg or more daily. Less than that can also be pretty icky if you stop dead but nothing too horrific. The 200mg mark seems to be a pretty big step up in unpleasantry if you don't taper at all. As for how long it takes, again variable but daily for a month or so would be enough to experience some definite w/d effect, I'd think.

Tapering is odd with tram. I can drop 50mg a day quite easily with few real bad effects but once I get to around 250mg it gets significantly harder to go lower without feeling like crap. It's definitely much better than stopping dead though cos that's deeply shit.

Thanks for the advice. It's reassuring. I probably take it more days than I don't but never even take it for a week solid without at least one or two days off so it should be fine.

If you do find yerself in withdrawals from it just make yerself a nice tapering schedule worked out (which we'd be able to help you with happily here :) ) and you'll be sound ;)