• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the bulls are definetily a dark horse team in the east and derick rose could easily win MVP this year. I can't see them getting through a healthy boston but if for some reason the eastern conference ended up being bulls vs heat they definetily could suprise a lot of people and pull that series out being strongest in the middle and at the point guard posistions

griffin is a star. lovin the the shots from distance hes been knocking down, even got the long bank shots in the holster. still hard to believe him and kevin love wont make the allstar team.

Last edited:
they took the celts to 7 games with a much inferior team.

with noah, rose and boozer they have 3 of the 25 best players in the NBA.

with tom thibodeau they have as good of coaching as anyone, and as good of defense as anyone.

with rose they have an offensive superstar who can create shots at will.

I don't see any reason why the bulls aren't as good as the magic when healthy.

this is the year the EC is >>> than the WC

east = west

The West is 131-97 (.575) against the East in inter-conference games this season so far

^ I agree my good West Coast sports mang

ya'll know how much I love the NBA, but I will admit I have been kinda slacking lately with watching games. only watching about one or two a week. my heart still hurts being a Cavaliers fan and all

it's nice to see such great parity between the East and West. I remember the days not so long ago when the West was leaps and bounds better than the East. then, I think the East took it back for a year or two

now, I agree: East = West

which makes for the best b-ball watchin' ya dig?

i dont judge top to bottom, i judge the top

bos/mia/orl/chi

>>>

sas/lal/den/???

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

note the gap between no. 6 chi and no. 7 den, and that's assuming melo stays there all year and the bulls playing w/o a full roster the whole year

on a player level hollinger's per is dum but on a team level he knows what's up

Is it just me or is D Wade a huge fucking vagina?

I'm not by any means questioning his abilities, but I'll never forget him separating his shoulder, then being pushed off the court in a wheelchair, crying, with a towel draped over his head. And every time he's out with an injury it's something like a bruised elbow, sore knee, etc. Is he just plain fucking brittle or what? I've seen little girls with more balls than this pussy.

And that's NOT a slam against the Heat. I disliked Wade long before his love affair with Lebron.

I like Wade, but yes there is a reason he is constantly injured

the man is soft

Is it just me or is D Wade a huge fucking vagina?

I'm not by any means questioning his abilities, but I'll never forget him separating his shoulder, then being pushed off the court in a wheelchair, crying, with a towel draped over his head. And every time he's out with an injury it's something like a bruised elbow, sore knee, etc. Is he just plain fucking brittle or what? I've seen little girls with more balls than this pussy.

And that's NOT a slam against the Heat. I disliked Wade long before his love affair with Lebron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o80WOuUr5bs

about 25 seconds in is my fave :)

edit: Oh yeah I know that's not Wade, I'm saying Pierce wayyy is more of a bitch.

Last edited:
LOL... I remember that too! Paul Pierce is something else entirely. :D

Wade IS soft though. Again, that's to take NOTHING away from his abilities, but he goes down easier than Saigon whore. A sore knee??? You'd have to break my legs for me to stop playing soccer... and I don't get paid!

Also, if I broke both my legs, I'd probably still ask to play goalie. One separated shoulder? He still had one good arm to shoot with.

Kam:

Remember my post about "watching the games?"

Did you happen to watch the end of Heat-Hawks?

Down 2, 0:12 to go, LeBron takes a CONTESTED 30-footer, which doesn't come close - GAME OVER - Heat lose a FOURTH straight game.

LeBron's decision-making (which is not accounted for NEARLY enough by STATS) is TURRRRIBULL!

He can't be depended upon to hit a 22-footer wide-open - why the contested 30-footer?

Even though he a FAR better outside shooter than is LeBron, there's NO WAY he settles for that shot.

But LeBron probably has better VORPPER&H$ than does Kobe per Hollinger, so the fact that's he's a non-confident un-clutch loser must be irrelavant.

LOL... I remember that too! Paul Pierce is something else entirely. :D

Wade IS soft though. Again, that's to take NOTHING away from his abilities, but he goes down easier than Saigon whore. A sore knee??? You'd have to break my legs for me to stop playing soccer... and I don't get paid!

Also, if I broke both my legs, I'd probably still ask to play goalie. One separated shoulder? He still had one good arm to shoot with.

All these guys said they would play through the pain in the playoffs. The coach is making sure nobody aggravates an injury, so that come playoff time this team is ready.

The only guy whose toughness is questionable is Bosh, but this is basketball, not football. You don't need to be tough (yes, I understand that the game is relatively physical).

But to doubt Wade's toughness is absurd. This guy has played through as much pain or more than Kobe. He sacrifices his body on every single play, so it is inevitable that he will occasionally sustain an injury. He does exaggerate them at times in order to get some rest, however (At least once a game he will fall down and lay on the court for a minute).

^They've certainly been underrated this season!

At 28-14, they are a game ahead of Orlando; only 2 games out from Miami and half a game behind Chicago putting them in 4th in the east currently.

With no major roster moves or franchise superstars, they aren't perpetually discussed on ESPN like most teams with records as good as theirs yet they continue very solid play. In their last 10 games they are 8-2 which is tied with LA and San Antonio for best in the league (ahead of Orlando and Boston in the east with 7-3).

Last edited:
How many people reading this thread work out?

Do you think you train harder, and more often, than anyone in the NBA?

I doubt you'd make it a week through their regimen.

That's soft.

Kam:

Remember my post about "watching the games?"

Did you happen to watch the end of Heat-Hawks?

Down 2, 0:12 to go, LeBron takes a CONTESTED 30-footer, which doesn't come close - GAME OVER - Heat lose a FOURTH straight game.

LeBron's decision-making (which is not accounted for NEARLY enough by STATS) is TURRRRIBULL!

He can't be depended upon to hit a 22-footer wide-open - why the contested 30-footer?

Even though he a FAR better outside shooter than is LeBron, there's NO WAY he settles for that shot.

But LeBron probably has better VORPPER&H$ than does Kobe per Hollinger, so the fact that's he's a non-confident un-clutch loser must be irrelavant.

Lol. Officiating was fucking terrible too.
If any Hawk even touched Lebron there was a whistle.

Hawks only had 3 FTA in the first three quarters.

Must be nice to have the zebras on your side every game. This team will be disgusting to watch in the post season.

edit: Idk what LeBron was thinking at the end of the game, he should've just ran right into his defender.... guaranteed trip to the line.

Kobe's numbers since Drew returned to the starting line up on December 29th vs NO

31 Minutes

25 points
4.5 Assists
4.8 rebounds
49% FG
Averaging 17 shots per game

LA's record 11-2

:)

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/rose_eastpow_110118.html

pimp.gif

^Rose is just playing sick this year. I expected his scoring to drop when they added a legitimate 20ppg scorer in Boozer to the roster but instead his points are up about 6ppg this year WHILE his assists are up 2 per game over his career average.

The only drawback is his FG% is down but how can you complain when that comes as a result of adding a long-range shot to his game? In his first 2 years he shot 24% from downtown (32-132) making a 3 once every five games and since has more than doubled his 3pt FG made in just 41 games this season. He has hit 66 of 174 triples resulting in 1.6 per game this year at 38%.

Beyond the numbers, he has truly emerged as a team leader for the bulls. The bulls announcers regularly refer to him as a "run killer" and when in need, he'll take over any game leading to the bulls winning 3 games this year when they were down with 20 seconds or less left.

Kobe's numbers since Drew returned to the starting line up on December 29th vs NO

31 Minutes

25 points
4.5 Assists
4.8 rebounds
49% FG
Averaging 17 shots per game

LA's record 11-2

:)

damn, that is ridiculously efficient.

From his Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/stevenash

I promised a friend if the fans vote me in the Allstar game I'll try to dunk. What was I thinking? Is this where I ask fans to stop voting for me?

Lol I'd vote for him if he said he was gonna try to play defense instead....

kam i think your under estimating the mavs and and OKC in your post on the last page, but to each his own. its really too close to call to say that one conf is clearly better than the other unlike years past when the east was a joke compared to the west.

as far as wade being soft.

ehhhh the way he plays is anything but soft, but the fact the hes ready to miss a game at the drop of a hat is sort of a soft tendency.

axl man dont look now but clev put up a decent fight against the suns tonight. maybe the blowouts are behind them? hope so, clevand deserves better for their fans dedication to their team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.