• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the way we're playing right now. Just need to tighten up that D.

Oh and Cavs aren't as bad as people are making them out to be. They have a new coach and are getting used to a new system, it takes time. They're actually playing TEAM BALL, lol. Obviously with LeBron gone, they are worse but they also lost Shaq, Big Z, and Delonte West. And Varajeo is injured, so pretty much no inside presence.

I wish Kobe played like this every game... eight assists already.

Pau is dominating Dirk and Drew looking healthy and active. :)

Fucking Pavlovic lol.

I hate it when some random scrub goes Michael fucking Jordan on us.

This team is so fucking frustrating to watch when they don't play defense. Ughhh. :X

I need a blunt.

Blake Show is owning K-Love lol.

Griffin: 21pts/7reb
Love: 10pts/0reb 8o

Love the way we're playing right now. Just need to tighten up that D.

Oh and Cavs aren't as bad as people are making them out to be. They have a new coach and are getting used to a new system, it takes time. They're actually playing TEAM BALL, lol. Obviously with LeBron gone, they are worse but they also lost Shaq, Big Z, and Delonte West. And Varajeo is injured, so pretty much no inside presence.

True dat, they were down to two guys on the bench the other night. They may be bad, but they're also decimated. Eventually people will feel bad enough for Cleveland that someone will bring them from the ruins to get ALMOST to another championship. And I'll be there, still a fan through these days, being jaded towards all the fans who likes them when Delonte and Gloria's kid is old enough to defect from Cleveland on national tv too. :D

Clips are 11-4 in their last 15 games. Only the Spurs and Hawks have a better record during the last month.

Damn... somehow amidst the nightly Blake Griffin highlight reels, the fact that the Clippers have been winning games too, has been lost on me!

axl man dont look now but clev put up a decent fight against the suns tonight. maybe the blowouts are behind them? hope so, clevand deserves better for their fans dedication to their team.

I hope so too, you all know how much I love the NBA. I've hardly been able to sit through an entire Cavs game this year

the Dallas-LA game was fun. nice to see that Jason Kidd still has it at 37, and that the Mavs have broken their 6 game losing skid

I think I read somewhere that Blake Griffin has 22 straight double-doubles... damn!

^Blake's double-double streak ended tonight but he's still putting up absolutely insane stats. You can't even claim his numbers are being inflated by the system or his team playing like shit because...

Clips are 11-4 in their last 15 games. Only the Spurs and Hawks have a better record during the last month.

^That's a fucking crazy statistic! I did not expect to hear that in my lifetime! Over the last 15 games the Clippers had a better record than....

-The Bulls
-The Mavericks
-The Magic
-The Heat
-The Celtics
-Many other teams no one cares about

Suddenly, I'm no longer cursing a shorthanded bulls team for losing to them 2 weeks ago... damn though it was hard to see Rose miss 2 FT's with .8 seconds left and watch them lose 99-100.

I missed the LA/DAL game on ESPN tonight, how'd the two teams look against each other?

good game, up and down until the Lakers gave up an approx. 7 point lead then got into a hole in the 4th quarter. they almost came back via the hands of Odom and Bryant, but Kidd and the Mavs bench played a very good game

watched the game right after band practice with my band (it's weird to be in a band where most of us accept sports) but one of the dude's was all like "Jason Kidd is still good? he's passing all over the place! somebody Google how old he is!"

he's 37. dayum. still passing like a dream

this was the lakers' first real test since dec 29 and they blew it. their defense is god-awful right now.

opponent assist-to-TO since blowing out Cle:

27-6
24-15
28-11
22-12
28-12

league average: 21.0-14.3. they would rank dead last in both categories

^With Artest, Kobe, Barnes, Gasol, Bynum and Odom that's pretty surprising.

Anyone have theories why the Lakeshow's defense is slipping this year?

he's 37. dayum. still passing like a dream

Yeah, there are several players expecting their AARP cards any day now who are still productive... (all 36-38 years old)

-Nash (17.1/3.7/10.9 and still shooting 52% FG and 92% FT)
-Grant Hill
-Kidd (career lows in ppg and FG% but still putting up 8.5apg, 4.6rpg, 1.7spg and 1.6 threes per contest in only 33 minutes)
-Juwan Howard
-Kurt Thomas (whose put up three double digit rebounding games starting in place of Noah this month)
-Derrick Fisher
-Marcus Camby who is still putting up over 11.3rpb (5th in NBA), 2.3apg and 1.9bpg(11th in NBA) all in under 29 minutes.
-Shaquille O'Neal

the lakers defensive struggles are a combo of things.

1. Fisher struggles against teams with young athletic point guards (this has been a concern for laker fans for the past few years)
2. Kobe who is one of the lakers best lockdown defenders has only been playing 33 minutes per game (31 since bynums return) in an attempt to keep him away from injury before the playoffs.
3. bynum was out for a long while
4. LA's bench has taken some hits with barnes going out (possible LA best off the bench defender) and Ratcliff going out.

LA's D hasnt been that bad. they are still one of the top 10 defensive teams in the league but these issues have hurt them on that end. Ive noticed the last few losses its towards the end of the game around the end of the third/begining of the fourth when LA loses thier lead as axle pointed out. this is around the time both teams have their benches in and also when kobe and bynum are on the bench.

Last edited:
i am hesitant to indict the lakers' chances because i know i am too biased against them right now, but we'll get a better idea in the next month.

their upcoming schedule: @den, uta, sac, bos, hou, sas, @no, @mem, @bos, @ny, @orl, @cha

i've been watching the clips more than the lakers recently but i'll be watching that stretch of games very closely

^Blake's double-double streak ended tonight but he's still putting up absolutely insane stats.

And... not to mention... unless I missed something tonight, Kevin Love is currently at 29 and counting double doubles in a row.

^fuck, I know! MONSTROUS numbers.

29 double-doubles in a row including getting 18+ boards 12 times and 20+ boards 5 times.

on the season...

21.3ppg, 15.6rpb, 2.3apg, 43.7% from down town and 87% from the line.

When is the last time someone averaged 20ppg and 15rpg?

Has ANYONE averaged anywhere near that many rebounds with those shooting percentages?

With these stats he is not getting the.... respect (couldn't do it) he deserves.

clippers with the worst D i've seen out of them all year. blazers shooting 57% w/ just 6 TOs.

also really annoying how national TV announcers never focus on the game. they rehash the same things over, and over, and over. no wonder fans of the game are so one-dimensional in their viewpoints

Status
Not open for further replies.