Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Combination & Potentiation

hueroLOCO

Bluelighter
Mushrooms Subthread: Combinations & Potentiation

Discuss here combinations of mushrooms with other drugs that do not fall into the focus threads below!
This thread is also about potentiation with MAO inhibitors or other compounds.

Focus threads:

Back to: [Main Mushrooms Thread]
mushroom-room-escape-50.jpg

[original post:]

SG, I hope ya don't mind, but I'm gonna take this oppurtunity to ask a question also ... no sense in making a totally separate shroom thread, right?
Me and some friends are taking shrooms tomorrow night and I was just wondering if anyone has experienced any good drug combinations with shrooms? I know smokin' dank is always good. But has anyone tried, say vicodins or oxycontins with shrooms? Coke? Whippits?
I'm always lookin' for that ulitmate high. Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated ... THanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience with shroom combos are kinda odd. I took about an 1/8th (fresh, not dry) with two good rolls and danced my ass off one night. It was kind of a let down becuase all I felt was a really strong roll and some light distortion. Then, after i had gotten back to a nice quiet College campus, we packed a bowl. The weed and the mushrooms got right on top of me, and the OEVs were excellent. In hindsight, i think rolling that night would have been enough fun. Save your other drugs, and take the mushrooms on their own, at least on your first trip. How else will you know what a mushroom trip feels like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Many consider cannabis to be the best thing for smoothing out the stomach during trips. It will also change the nature of your trip so be forewarned.

I would say 3-4 days until most tolerance is worn off. But give it up to a week for some people for full tolerance recovery.. But a week break is not going to bring the magic back. Maybe you should have a rest.. they are a seriously intense tool that should never be abused and always respected. In other words, don't fuck up your head! Been there, done that. Not healthy. Take care in what you feed your brain. I love mushrooms myself. But they really should not be used too often, coming from experience.

Potentiating Mushrooms

What are ways to make a mushroom trip much more intense, stronger, last longer, and/or come on faster, besides fasting?

Is there anything such as certain vitamins, foods, or supplements to help? When do these vitamins/supplements/foods need to be taken? Or is it when their well in the body?

What about the use of certain drugs to help? I am not talking about synergism here but say, a small dose of X (not ecstacy) to greatly boost the trip.

Does alcohol help? I know psilocybin and psilosin are alcohol soluble, and alcohol passes through the mucous membranes, so would crushing mushrooms up, putting them in ethanol, and drinking, cause a near immediate onset, like how alcohol normally works?

Please be specific to what will be effected on the trip (duration, intensity, et cetera)

Also, list, if you know any, other ways to potentiate mushrooms. (Such as getting a good night sleep, not sleeping, exercising 1 hour after taking them)

Sometimes I feel that pot reduces some of the psychedelic properties of mush. I do feel more fucked up, just not tripping as hard.

Syrian should only be used if you know what you're doing as it can be dangerous.

Some people have suggested that chocolate is a mild MAOI and could potentiate the trip. I've experimented with this. I made choclates with ground mush. There was about 1.8g per candy. They were interesting. It felt much more intense than straight eating them and they came on like a ton of bricks(20 min for the come up). However the experience lasted about 1.5-2 hours.

People are so quick to recommend MAOIs. I think it is rather irresponsible. If you absolutely must, I recommend you take the precautions with MAOIs.

Basically, I don't find any elements of a mushroom trip negative, and I can't really grasp how you can have a bad experience on mushrooms.
Becarefull about what you think, they can surprise you ;)

oh and if you cant get MAOI's then Mary J is your best freind... Smoke a blunt, that should help in potentiating.

i wouldn't take maoi's ever, especially not while tripping

as for potentiating shrooms, pot does it for some people but i've never been able to *feel* pot no matter how good the bud was when tripping, it was still fun smoking though even if you did burn up an eigth of dank in the process

alot of people like cigarettes on shrooms(including me) they really add a 'chill feeling' when you're in the midst of tripping your balls off

i've done low doses and very large doses, large doses aren't really that much drastically different, you don't trip 2x as hard per say, the feelings you get when you're tripping are just stronger

i haven't done nitrous yet on shrooms but i heard it's heavenly, weed is always a good choice, and if you smoke cigs then you will LOVE them after eating some mushies

as for alcohol, a corona in one hand and a cig in the other should be just fine:D, stray from liquor though

IMO, alcohol will only "enhance" the trip if you are taking the shrooms just to get "high n' fvuckEd uP D00d!". In my experience Alcohol immediately kills any inspirational/entheogenic side of the trip and leaves you high and fucked up, albeit a bit more.

Would alcohol work as I described above in my first post?

Even if it did I probably wouldnt do that as waiting for them to kick in is part of the magic.

Don't want to try pot as I don't want to get high and tripping. I doubt smoking pot, as enjoyable as it may be while tripping, will, raise my trip itself to higher levels. I know X or meth or heroin are great on shrooms, but that's because their great by themselves. I want to know ways to make the shroom trip seem as if I had taken much more then I really did. Such as fasting. Syrian Rue is available to me at the moment, i'm gona play around with that first though.

I'll look into getting cigs though, sounds neat.

I know shrooms can suprise you, they always do,just in a positive way.

Some people have suggested that chocolate is a mild MAOI

Chocolate acting as a MAOI is an urban myth. Most of the psychoactive effect is due to the fact chocolate contains serotonin.

As for using syrian rue or any other MAOI, it is effective, but MAOI's are quite dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. If you accidently eat the wrong thing, you could easily end up in the hospital or worse. Be sure to read everything you possibly can about MAOI's before even consitering taking them. If you have an emergency alert bracelett, wear it. Don't be worried about the possible legal difficulties that might arise, your life may very well be in danger.

I don't reccomend using a MAOI in any form, but if you insist on it, be sure to have a trip sitter in case anything goes wrong.

Alcohol would not help a shroom trip, and would most likely lead to a bad trip. Most people enjoy X on mushrooms, opinions on opiates with mushrooms vary (some find it pleasant, some find it dulls the experience). Smoking cigs isn't really a big trip booster either.

The best way to boost a shroom trip (outside of obiviously taking more shrooms) is probably through nitrous oxide. Many people report that a whippet is enough to cause them to have a psychedelic breakthrough.

i have never heard of chocolate containing seratonin.

...nitrous and shrooms is a very beautiful thing.

>>Chocolate acting as a MAOI is an urban myth. Most of the psychoactive effect is due to the fact chocolate contains serotonin. >>

If chocolate contains serotonin, it cannot be responsible for any psychoactivity because 5-ht wont cross the BBB. Frankly, I think it's the caffeine. :)

Ive only done the mush with an rue once...in addition to nearly doubled potency...well, the colors were more in earth tones than neon...that was the main diff.

ebola