• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters

JohnSpokane

Bluelighter

[original post:]

(I read through the guidelines about posting specifics of intent to use drugs and such, and I think this post is ok. If not please let me know so I don't make the same mistake twice)
I've never tripped before (haven't done acid or shrooms or 2-CB or anything like that) before, so I decided I would buy some shrooms because I heard good recommendations. I read up about them on Erowid, DanceSafe, and in the forums here a bit.
I'm completely unfamiliar with the measurement system used (I think it's similar to weed but I've never actually went out and purchased weed, it's always around). I stated a ballpark price and my friend said "that will get you a half ounce" so that's what I ended up with. I thought, "hmmm, that would be good to split with another person or even two other people" off the top of my head but then thought "wait, I have no clue what a recommended dose is".
I plan on splitting it with one experienced person and other first-timers, so what is a good amount? Is an eighth an eighth of an ounce? And if so, should everyone take an eighth (so split it with 3 other people)? Or should I split an 1/8 between three people, or split the 1/2 between three people? I'd like to feel the full effect, but then again especially since I will feel responsible for other people I don't want bad trips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh geez, I just realized there was a separate forum for psychadelics. It's too early......

1/8 is 1/8 of an ounce yes.
Would reccomend splitting an 1/8 into 2, will give you the 'mind' high, plus some visuals will take place. so if you get the correct weight(3.5 grams=1/8) and split to 2 you will have 1.75grams
Or if you want to be more cautious split it 3 ways, so you get about 1.2grams roughly, but probs won't get visuals, although you may get some closed eye ones.

I totally agree with the post above.
Start out by splitting an 1/8 with at least 2, but since its your first time, maybe 3 people.
You can always take more if your not where you want to be!

Thanks HYDRO_CHRONIC for the link, the calculator told me 1.73469 grams is a good amount (approximately), which matches up with splitting a gram between two people. Sounds a lot safer than eating 7 grams your first trip
wink.gif

Definetly dont take 1/8 first time yerself, i took 1 gram of my own grown shrooms and it totally blew my balls off my body...
smile.gif
have fun

moved to psychedelic drugs..
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

again this depends on the type of mushies, i dont know the exact species name off hand but in general you have your cubies and more potent strains. anyhow i also recommend taking aprox half an eigth for your first time. and have fun, you'll love it!
------------------
2ct, i heardly knew ya :/

Umm I hope you're aware that there are different types of psychedelic shrooms, P. Cubensis (the mexican) is definetly the most common, and that's what most guidelines point to.. but then there are more potent strains (that require like 1/8th of the cubensis dose to be approximately equal)
So check up on the type of shroom you bought and then get back to us.

Keep in mind that the potency of shrooms varies considerably. Splitting an 1/8 of very potent shrooms will give you a great trip. On the other hand splitting an 1/8 of not so potent shrooms may be a bit of a let down, and nobody likes that.

P. Cubensis (the mexican)
Actually this is one of the most wide-spread species occuring world-wide.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

That brings up a good question, where do these mushrooms come from? Are mushrooms that are sold 'on the street' or from 'the local dealer' almost always grown locally (in jars and terraniums and such)? I would hope some dumbass teenage dealer isn't going out into the forest to pick shrooms! I'm not even sure if any mushrooms with psilocybin exist in Eastern Washington. If they were grown by someone who obtained spores and grew them at home I'm almost positive they would be the mexican strain of P. Cubensis or something very close to it, from what I've read about growing them.
Next time I will just grow my own and eat some freshies!
smile.gif

fuck it...go all out...eat about a half ounce. hahah...no listen to them. but if someone has tripped on acid several times with excess of 20 hits...of good acid..how much shrooms should that person eat? casue i can handle trippin...i wanna go all out. so how much for an intense trip... -damon

Damon, if you really wanna be fucked out yer' tree, eat a 1/4 of good mushies or 1/2 of the popcorn shiznatz

first time, I would dose about 1/2 of an eighth. If you were comfortable with that, about an eighth is a very good, solid, strong (but not too intense) trip for most people.
Have fun, and do write a trip report in the Trip Reports forum when you're done! I love hearing about how a first timer likes their trip.
smile.gif

<--is pretty psyched about his 1/2 ounce comin' tomorrow.
smile.gif

------------------
://the.select.few #od

Always remember the words of the great Terrance McKenna- "when in doubt, double the dose, only when one is slain by the power of the mushroom does the true meaning of life come to you" Or something to that effect...

Half an eighth worked perfect for me, but my friend wasn't seeming to feel the effects so he ate one more big cap and like 20 minutes later he was where I was. If you happen to be near your computer while tripping have this running: http://www.geisswerks.com/drempels/index.html
It's insane! You can see people in it. Also the whole time I was looking at it I was somehow typing although it felt like I was just mashing keys, I'm going to post what I wrote in the trip reports it's very strange.

I agree with gun toting hip gangsta.
Don't go overboard. Remember, you can always do more, but you can't do less.