• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters
the problem with mushrooms is, they are SO unpredictable....you can get the SHIT BOMB one week, and next week just the shit...so, what i always do, is eat a LOT of them...i'm always TERRIFIED of underdosing.....but thats just me, so greenlighters, don't pay any attention to ME, since this is a harm reduction website.....or something.....
------------------
hey guys, do you not like eating dicks like i do??

word whiteboy....word.
wink.gif

shrooms don't take too long to kick in, and the trip lasts long enough, to where its easier for me to start smaller and work up as i see fit... often you end up wasting less to get just as fucked up, and having an extended peak.
just my input though, i realize every druggie has their own ways of doin' shit... peace
--CH
------------------
://the.select.few #od

Don't eat more than half an 8th your first time.
They're really hard to predict the strength.
There was one occassion where I ate half an 8th and a few hours later grassy hills looked like furry dinosaurs, I saw time dripping from the sky and buildings looked like pyramids. The strangest thing was that I got these shrooms for free at an outlaw. Some hippy was just giving 8ths away at the door. This was definantly a freak chance that I'd get shrooms this potent, but definantly better to be safe than sorry. I have no idea what would have happened had I eaten the entire bag.

Oh man I got some potent ones apparently! I bought them at the same time as my experienced psybernaut friends who were already shrooming off of them and said they were the hardcore shit.
Another friend and I went to my house and split an 1/8th bag, and after 20 minutes for me everything went blurry, and it felt like I was rollling at first (I was warm and had that touchy-feely sensation) and then weird shit kicked in. I'm apparently the only one out of my group of friends that has seen in black and white on shrooms. Yes, I walked into my room and the entire thing was black and white, like an old movie. Is this normal? Or is there even such thing as normal with shrooms?
We watched some action movie (Romeo Must Die) and it was completely off the hook! The movie kept speeding up and slowing down, peoples faces were melting and their skin was crawling, things were randomly splitting into red, green and blue colors. I was seeing flashes of color out of the corner of my eyes and the entire rooms colors would shift at random intervals. If I concentrated at some points I could control the hallucinations (once I made everything in the room 'melt' by concentrating) and I had full control over my closed eye visuals (much like lucid dreaming). This doesn't even begin to cover my trip, I'm going to write up a full trip report.
Has anyone else seen in black and white on shrooms? That was insane.
[This message has been edited by JohnSpokane (edited 13 November 2001).]

Tips while on shrooms for first time users

After experiencing shrooms a couple of times I have come up with a couple of good tips to avoid a bad trip and what I apply to myself while on shrooms: (feel free to offer your own as well).
1. The number one thing I suggest is setting. Setting is an important factor to consider. A lot of people or a party area can often cause mass confusion or what I call a "shroom blur" where things just dont make sense. Try and be in a relaxing, yet happy atmosphere. A place where you feel comfortable to trip.
2. Dont sit and wait for it to kick in. Being anxious for the experience can often cause the trip to be so intense that one may not enjoy it. Also when orally taking shrooms, try and eat it with something to mask the taste. I find that when eating shrooms straight up, although I can bare the taste, I find it can cause nasea later on.
3. When you feel the body sensations starting to kick in, try and take your mind off it. Being antsy and thinking "what am I supposed to be doing right now" can often cause problems when visuals kick in. Stay focused and possibly try and smoke some pot to take your mind off it and lift your mood.
4. Be in control! Staying on top of your thoughts, and actually focus on what is going on is key. Letting your mind wonder can sometimes cause a bad trip. If you let your mind stray, you may think to yourself...oh my gosh, why did i do this? or I have so much work do to...etc.. If you let your mind go, you tend to worry.
5. Relax. You have to realize that its all in your head. You can control every sensation that you feel while on shrooms, no matter how bad. If you are tense, one may realize that their hands or legs go numb, or their nose gets cold etc. Dont let time get to you. Although a minute might feel like an hour (or visa versa) dont sit and ponder how much time you have left to trip, because then you may end up looking at your watch all the time. If this does infact occur...just relax. Thinking oh my god, will I ever be normal, or what is happening to my body can cause problems. Just think to yourself...its all in my head, or think mind over matter.
6. Stay in a good mood. I recommend taking your mind off the fact that you have actually eaten shrooms, and just generally enjoy the surroundings. Just sit back, relax and look around. Focus on things and dont let your mind get flooded with thoughts. With this good mood can bring a lot of fun to your trip, including histerical laughter and a general euphoric feeling.
7. Although I haven't experienced this myself, people dont like coming down. Sometimes they exclaim the feeling of being lost, as in not knowing what to do, yet, others (like me) feel a lot smarter or phsycologically renewed.
With these tips I hope you can use this to your advantage, especially when doing it for your first time. And just remember, they are not necesarily for everyone and if you have a tendancy to take little things very seriously...just relax and have a good time ;)

I was thinking about documenting my thoughts of my first expierience but I couldn't have put it better myself.. these are great tips. The worst thing I think is not being able to sleep after =/

War.! Some of what you say is true, but I am a person who under any circumstances never has a bad trip or bad experiences. Therefor I would know best about not having a bad trip. The secret is to just breath! if you start to become anxious then just close your eyes and take a deep breath and relax and enjoy the trip! Never think in your head that you may have a bad trip, ALWAYS think positive because I know you and I know that you think about all the bad things that could happen and thats what makes you bad trip.
[ 27 May 2002: Message edited by: Zoomies are good ]

Not necesarily true. I think I would know a lot better how to handle a bad trip, because I have had one (or at least bad trip moments). That is why I made this topic and have said how I overcome them. To prevent a bad trip is for sure changing ur state of mind to a posotive one.

There is no such thing as a bad trip! What you call a bad trip I call a good learning experience! Sometimes the trips that get very anxious, scary, introspective, etc are the best ones to learn something about how you think, and handle situations. Trip hard!

Originally posted by C21H23NO5:
There is no such thing as a bad trip! What you call a bad trip I call a good learning experience! Sometimes the trips that get very anxious, scary, introspective, etc are the best ones to learn something about how you think, and handle situations. Trip hard!
To an extent, I agree. I have never had a 'bad trip' where the trip has emotionally scarred me or anything, and im not sure as to what classifies as a 'bad trip'. but the moments of the trip where it gets 'bad' or scary are the parts i tend to enjoy the most. the confusion, the fear, and to an extent the anxiety.

I think i had my worst trip ever on mushrooms.
I have two tips to add.
1. When it comes to a mushroom chaser, and i know this sounds funny, but the best thing you can use to take down mushrooms is a strawberry shortcake iced cream bar.
I know this sounds disgusting, but this not only hides the taste (with it's creamy sweet and tangy filling) but it also hides the texture of dried shrooms (with it's crunchy, cakey coating).
Try it, seriously.
2. The key to shrooming well and not having a hellish trip is NOT setting as you state above.
Having a good trip is all your mindset. Marilyn manson scares a lot of people whilst on shrooms, but if that is what you prefer listening to and makes you comfortable, then listen to it.
I find pricks first album is GREAT to listen to (animal and I apologize are two of the best tracks for shrooms or acid, Pure Intensity).
Good luck shrooming.

Ya, I guess it depends on the person who does it. Some people are more comfortable in a quiet friendly setting, while others may like a party atmosphere.

May seem obvious, but avoid any car trips for the first few hours after eating. Car rides on shrooms can be a BLAST, but are apt to cause a fair bit of nausia until the major effects of the trip get going. Just make sure your driver is fairly responcible. Getting into a car accident while shrooming is one of the WORST experiences ever.

while on shrooms smoke some herb...when me and my friends did it. It was great...i can remember walking and seing a dog and thinking it was some whimiscal creature, and petting it was so intense.I was like having my own personal fantasy land. some music that fucking blew my mind was some stuff by Aphex Twin. and one thing that was nice with that was my friend "roobis" with his photon lights going..it was so great looking.the trails from the red and blue were so beautiful

WATCH CARTOONS!
I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH
My fav shroom cartoons: Scooby Doo, Fred Flintsone, GUMMI BEARS, whinnie the pooh, and dragonball. (the old school one, before dragonball z came out)
cartoons are so fucking funny when ur shrooming, i laughed so hard one time it hurt.

Originally posted by THE WOOD:
WATCH CARTOONS!
My fav shroom cartoons: Scooby Doo, Fred Flintsone, GUMMI BEARS, whinnie the pooh

YES WOOD YESS!!! and I must add good ol' Tom & Jerry

Ok, so this is kind of asking what you have answered, to some extent, but that's ok. I've never done shrooms, but I told the guy who gets me weed that I want to do them. So I'm a little nervous because I have a tendency towards the whole paranoia thing when smoking weed. I also have some anxiety problems and shit and a wild imagination. For my first time, I was planning on just sort of chilling out alone, rather than being with people who have all done them before and are waiting to see how I react.
To get to my point-is it a BAD idea to be alone while on shrooms? Also, what is the best thing I can do to have as good a trip as possible if I'm alone in my basement? Any advice is much appreciated!

Originally posted by THE WOOD:
WATCH CARTOONS!
My fav shroom cartoons: Scooby Doo, Fred Flintsone, GUMMI BEARS, whinnie the pooh, and dragonball.

A bit off-topic: but yeah definitely agree cartoons are great. I specially like anime. The Lain serial experiments are great on shrooms or acid.
Try different things, find whatever *you* enjoy the most.
TheDweller

Exactly, Dweller. I personally enjoy watching Spongebob Squarepants on shrooms... it just makes so little sense and its so absolutely fucking ridiculous that I can't get enough of it when shrooming. Hehe.

Pooka - the majority of my trips have been at home by myself.. though for your first one id say to be with someone, hopefully sober, but even if theyre on shrooms its better.. for your first time id do 1/3 of an 1/8 of shrooms (about 1.5 grams).. Itll give pretty good effects while keeping your sense of reality intact...
The biggest things are to not trip around authority figures (parents, police) or people you wouldnt want to know your on drugs.) If you can steer clear of these you'll most likely have a paranoia free trip.