Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dihydrocodeine Products in Oz

mcwally

Bluelighter
heyas,

Ive been looking into this just lately, 2 products:

1) Rikodeine (cough syrup): 1.9 mg/mL: 100 ml or 200 ml
OTC Schedule 3 (NSW: no print out on it or details taken- unsure about other states)

2) Codox (pain tablet): dihydrocodeine tartrate 7.5 mg/soluble aspirin 300 mg (*24 tabs)
OTC Schedule 2

Soo, from some reading dihydrocodeine is approx twice the strength of codeine, but is slightly harder to buy in bulk regularly (like codeine pills the CWE them) as rikodeine is behind counter and only pharmacist technically should dispense, and I dont believe Ive ever seen Codox in a chemist :!

Ive been able to get the rikodeine online (legal australian pharmacy, and a "pharmacist" called to 'check' or whatever) , will get em early next week.

but wtf about Codox anyone come across them or am I way behind here? Getting heaps of them and a CWE would be friggin sweet but alas the soluble aspirin side of them may make that extraction method a tough one :!

so yeh anyone into the dihydrocodeine here in oz? or found this codox?

also how are the highs from codeine and dihydrocodeine different?

cheers, mcwally

Never seen codox but very fimiliar with rikodeine. Absoultely blows codeine away with rec. use. 120 - 150 ml should be plenty if low tolerance. I knock back the 200 ml, high is good, although expect explosive diarrhea about 3 - 4 hours after consumption (beware of this at night sleeping) due to sorbitol content. The high is uncomparable to codiene as dihydrocodeine is converted to hydromorphone not morphine in the liver. The high is longer lasting, more intense. To be honest this pharm. is often a better kick than the shitty h. thats around at the moment. Also be aware that the drug stays in the system a bloody long long time so be aware of drinking alcohol etc. the following day as you are still slightly fucked up. Dihydracodeine has no ceiling effect limitations compered to codeine. It's also much more addictive and going back to codeine (Actacode, CWE codiene etc,) after using this stuff just doesn't compare.

Don't buy more then 3 bottles a fortnight, as personal details are required and recorded at point of sale.

I tried rickodine for the first time today. 200mls gave me almost no effects which is starange because codeine gets me nicely high. If anyone can offer a good reason as to why this strange effect id be happy to hear it.

On a side note though, Whoa talk about runny poo! I had to look down to check that I was infact takeing a shit because it sounded like I was having a piss. I even had to shower because toilet paper just wasnt cleaning up the mess on my back side.

Might not be something you want to hear but keep that in mind when your doing something like this and remember that DHC is apperentlytwice as strong as codeine so do start off small

Waaay to much info static_mind.. :p

This stuff sounds interesting, ive never been a fan of codeine, mainly due to the fact that it never effects me, im guessing im one of the 1 or 2 in 10 that cant metabolise it.

So, do the same enzymes metabolise this than normal codeine?

Bought codox once a couple of years ago, can't do a CWE on it cos of the soluble aspirin. Haven't seen it for a long time tho, I was thinking they must not produce it anymore.

I bought rikodeine once as well, made me vomit eventually (I think cos of the opiate effect - not the sorbitol etc). Strangely I felt less fucked up on that than I do on codeine, it definitely seemed less sedating.

Exactly the same with me fuzzysun. Codeine was far more Euphoric and potant for me then DHC.

I wonder why that is...

hm yeh Im not convinced of this dhc yet either tbh, seems to be harder to get and harder to purify than the old codeine

might just be somethin (rikodeine) to have the odd swig of to chill with otherwise the nausea/diahorrea factors might be a lil nasty :p

unless we can find a way to get the dihcod out of this shit, any input on that front?? or even the codox if able to get it....

Looking at the codox; wouldn't it be possible to take 150mg of DHC, whilst ingesting 6grams of Aspirin. The maximum daily dosage as listed on wikipedia is 8grams a day. Ive never really taken aspirin in my life (to my knowledge) so I'm unsure of such a large dose all at once?

so Rikodeine is a brand which contains the active ingredient dihydrocodeine?

I find it strange that it contains a laxative effect and yet its an opiate. Anyway here's the wiki entry for it

Can anyone else post comments re effective dosage and effects?

I find it strange that it contains a laxative effect and yet its an opiate.

Dihydrocodeine isn't causing the laxative effect, it's the sorbitol that's an ingredient of the syrup.

Can anyone else post comments re effective dosage and effects?

Dosage wise, if you've used codeine and have a comfortable dose level with that, then halve it for DHC. Effects will be similar to hydromorphone, as has already been said in this thread.

So, would an average pharmacy stock this Rikodeine?

Or will be they be like 'wtf is that' or 'go away you fiend' or 'may I see your prescription'

OR

'here you go have a nice day'.

^ yes they would, and it's more like "what type of cough do you have a dry cough or"?

Apparently most Chemist's will be reluctant to give Rikodeine. It's usually for an acute dry cough from sources I've read, although that's possible incorrect.

I have a question about Codox. The Aspirin in them is at a dose (7200mg) that is actually fairly low, less than the maximum daily dose. Now, I wonder how you would go about taking the box of pills though? They're soluble, but I wonder if you could just down the pills, or whether you just bite the bullet, dissolve all of them and down the solution?

Im assuming the same enzyme that breaks down codeine breaks this down? Wiki seems to think so :( has any of the unlucky people with the messed up enzyme tried this? Did it produce more of an effect?

Well that was easier to buy than a 12-pack of nurofen. No questions or suspiscion at all, in fact they were apologetic about the fact that they didn't have the larger bottle for me =)

Are you planning to take the whole bottle? Let us know how it goes please. :)

Huh, go figure. She wasn't meant to sell you that :p

That's rather awesome though. I have a need to try DHC now. 50mL I reckon, about 190mg worth. Tell us how you go!

dihydrocodeine is for an unproductive dry cough.
it is quite sedating in higher doses therefore its best to have 150mls max, i have taken the whole bottle before and it just put me right to sleep, i quite like it but for a pharmaceutical opiate rish i tend to go tramadol!!!

the feeling is like a mild tingle and warm sensation all over your body but watch your breathing as you tend to forget to breath.