• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dihydrocodeine Products in Oz

static_mind said:
Exactly the same with me fuzzysun. Codeine was far more Euphoric and potant for me then DHC.

I wonder why that is...
I read this comment and a few others so I'd just like to point out something I learnt a while a ago.

Peoples' better experiences with codeine as a opposed to dihydrocodeine isn't exactly new and it is definitely reflected in the Australian govenment's scheduling of drugs.

Pure dihydrocodeine (as in Rikodeine, for instance) is an S2 drug which means it's available pretty much OTC without a script. Which would place it in the same category as the piss-poor "pholcodeine" preparations. Now, as you all may know, Panadeine Forte is S4 which means it's a prescription only drug (due to higher codeine, obviously). But, if you want pure codeine (in either tablet or syrup), it is classified as S8 drug...which in reality, places it in the same category as morphine, oxy, fentanyl etc etc.

If you don't believe me look it up in MIMS books from 2007 onwards. Peace.

ed/ And I am aware of reports such as the ones on erowid that say dihydro is better, so I dunno, maybe the experience is subjective. In my opinion, it isn't.

bought a 200ml bottle of rikodeine the other day, said it was for the kids as they had whooping cough, no questions asked

Is one is taking an SSRI (Effexor) will DHC still work? Ie: will it affect the buzz at all?

It shouldn't affect the buzz, it could however have some effect on the length of the high. Like, if the Effexor ties up the enzymes that would metabolize the DHC, then the high from it may last longer.

I'm pretty sure DHC itself is causing the high, from what I remember the amount that is metabolized into hydromorphone is negligible.

in a certain asian country 30mg dihydrocodeine tabs are OTC! (along with basically everything else!) bringing back multiple packets made for a good time for quite a while! mmmmmmmmmm

in a certain asian country 30mg dihydrocodeine tabs are OTC! (along with basically everything else!) bringing back multiple packets made for a good time for quite a while! mmmmmmmmmm

Lol, bring some back for us BL's! =D

What would be the situation with customs if they found that in your luggage? Seeing as it's what, Schedule 2 over here? Probably a few questions, I'd hope that they wouldn't confiscate it!

i actually had them in my suit jacket (containers stuffed with tissues to avoid the rattle ;) )

its a benefit traveling through customs wearing a suit & tie.......so many times I have been ushered through the side door - totally avoiding any screenings!

also had a couple packs of ultram (tramadol)

ah! i love business travel to certain asian countries =D

I just bought some Rikodiene in NSW - OTC, no prescription, no questions asked...
Let u know how it goes...

Someone who (quite literally) isn't me attempted to purchase Rikodeine in Victoria. Was asked lots of questions. Guy chickened out and walked away.

1st try only OK..

so i tried some rikodeine 1st time last nite. i only went for 50ml (95mg). Got a good warm sedating effect - all over body stone feeling. Only shit thing was i then couldn't get to sleep all night - so i was pretty tired and sleepy yet my head wouldnt stop working. i only got to sleep about 4.30am and feel like shiiiit 2day...
anyone ever had this contradiction from rikodeine? sleepy but yet insomnia?:|

aleksavo said:
so i tried some rikodeine 1st time last nite. i only went for 50ml (95mg). Got a good warm sedating effect - all over body stone feeling. Only shit thing was i then couldn't get to sleep all night - so i was pretty tired and sleepy yet my head wouldnt stop working. i only got to sleep about 4.30am and feel like shiiiit 2day...
anyone ever had this contradiction from rikodeine? sleepy but yet insomnia?:|

Happened to me last night on 100ml,nodded out pretty well though, but I had also ingested about 70ml over the day.
I tend not to get very much sleep from opiates though for some reason.
Been hitting this stuff way too hard. gone through about 600ml in the past week, today is the first day I haven't had any and I am aching a bit.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience using the Rikodeine cough syrup.

The first pharmacy I tried would not sell it to me. The gentlemen behind the counter told me they did not stock it. I was a little bit suspicious but just tried another chemist a little bit further down the road.

I drank about half the bottle before work (9am) on Monday and it came on slower then codeine does. When it did come on... wow, very impressed. If this is what hydromorphone is like I want moar :D Was not expecting such a strong high from this product. I could have taken maybe half the dose and still would have been feeling great I think. And this is with a slight opiate tolerance (used heroin on the previous Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)

The experience lasted far longer then codeine as others have mentioned. These days I'm lucky if I get a buzz from codeine that lasts more then two hours. I was feeling very nice for about four hours. Started to get a little agitated after the six hour mark, however thats normal for me when I am on opiates.

I redosed at about 8pm, had something to eat and it came on again, not as strong but nowhere near as weak as when you redose on codeine. I repeated this again yesterday with no noticeable reduction in effects.

Overall, very impressed :)

To be honest mate i was probably too optimistic in regards to Codeine. Hour and a half sounds about right. I'm not going to bother with cwe's anymore.

so anyway to extract it like from that other stuff that causes the runs
could u do CWE or use ethanol or something.
i recon 800mg of codeine and 200mg dihydrocodeine, some somas and i was feeling nice and dopey. had little bit of something else and i had a nice nod

800mg of codeine is twice as much as your body can metabolize--400-450 is the most anyone can ever really handle. Also, we get somas in Australia? Never seen or heard of them here--unless they've just been released in 2008 or your overseas.

Anywho, sounds like you're practicing some risky shit here. Hope you have a trip sitter (for lack of a better term) to watch out for respiratory depression and the likes. I'm gonna go search for some dihydro today and drink a 200ml bottle to see if I get better effects, only had 100 before. I better not get the runs.

I did not get the runs after drinking the stuff two days in a row. In fact in made me constipated.

Sweet dude, very appreciated. I guess I better post a mini trip report to give other users some idea of what to expect:

I ingested 200ml on a completely empty stomach and it took roughly 45 minutes before I was feeling the full effects. This is the most I've ever ingested, although at the moment I have a medium-high tolerance to codeine (on about 450mgs a day for the past 2 weeks).

I would describe the feeling as a lot more 'physical' than codeine, although slightly less euphoric in a metal sense. I could really see myself nodding on a higher dose. DoctorShop is right when he says the buzz lasts heaps longer than codeine. I'm about T+3 hours now and can still feel it, although it has worn off slightly. I also find that dihydro diminishes my appetite and feels more like a stronger opiate on the stomach--whilst codeine tends to give me the 'munchies' on an empty stomach for some reason.

All in all, I like the experience. 200ml is definitely a must if you have a tolerance though, 100ml is likely to have no effect.

Last edited:
In various other threads people have advised against using Codeine for a MDMA comedown, do the same arguments apply to Dihydrocodeine?