View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hydergine eventually makes me start to trip if I take it too many days in a row!

Not a nootropic for me, since it dilates my eyes very wide, but a VERY good drug to take hiking and thinking alone.

Does anyone else have an opinion on what dondante was saying about the potential for heart problems? I don’t know enough about the subject to weigh in, but it seems like cause for concern...especially when I was on the verge of getting some bulk Ergoloid Mesylates. Due to the lower cost, I would no doubt be experimenting with much higher doses than I used when I was buying the tablets (2.25 mg per day.) The wikipedia entry suggests that doses higher than commonly used might have more therapeutic (and I'm guessing nootropic) potential. I can’t remember if anyone has posted reports of high dose Ergoloid Mesylates but it would be interesting. There is an experience report that suggests that Ergoloid Mesylates are more soluble when taken with a fat, does anyone know if there is any truth to this?
I have had a disproportionate number of mystical experiences while taking Ergoloid Mesylates, coincidence?

Also I should add that I just started taking stattera for ADD, I don’t know if anyone here had ever taken SSRIs or SNRIs as a nootropic supplement, they potentially cause neurogenesis in the hippocampus. strattera is odd it does help with ADD, and it does cause some cognitive improvements (possible due to mood improvements) but it’s a trade off because there is some mild zombefication.

I’m not a smoker but I was thinking of making an extract from Nicotina Rustica and putting it in a nasal spray to help keep me on track while studying

In europe apparently erg mesylates is prescribed sometimes in 9-10mg doses-

There are multiple studies in humans with these dosage levels, no major side effects occur-

I tried upwards of 10mg and I will repeat I very nearly felt like I was tripping (this was during a time I was tripping more than once a week though, so take that for what you will)

nanobrain said:
ditto. hard to define via precise linguisticology the nature of that dislike though, don't you find? something vaguely slippery from the shadow side, a bit closer to the cerebellum fumunda the hypothalamus...

Yeah, hard to describe. Pharmacologically I couldn't fathom a guess, but it definitely starts to make me feel a bit strange, a bit dark. When it's affecting me well, it subtly tinges my mood to the positive side, but after its time has passed for the moment, it reverses that and make my mood slightly towards the negative. It just starts to feel like it's messing with my mental balance instead of helping to restore it.

That could have something to do with interactions with psychedelics, however. As I am usually taking psychedelics at least once a week. Even though I never combine when hydergine is actually active, I am sure it has longer-reaching impact than just when it's in my plasma.

Xorkoth said:
I am sure it has longer-reaching impact than just when it's in my plasma.
I think so too. At the low dosage I do I can skip a dose without really noticing, but I do notice it when I skip two doses.
This and my initial high-ish dose experiment makes me believe it's a pretty long-lasting "trip", say 2-3 days.

Xorkoth said:
it's decidedly unsafe to take with methylphenidate or any stimulant..
I know people have asked this question left and right but i have seen different answers. If i were to mix a LOW dosage of methylphenidate or adderall with a LOW dose (5mg or less) of selegiline would that be dangerous because of the increased risk of overdose (im aware of the significant potentiation that would occure) and the possibility of hyperthermia, or is it generally unsafe no matter what level of caution you exercise. I know taking more adderall and forgeting about the selegiline seems logical, but the problem is over years of being perscribed amphetamines my stomach has becom extremely sensitive and high doses of either adderall or methylphenidate(a high dose would be over 15mg of either) on a regular basis make me fell as if my stomach is disintegrating. if selegiline would allow me to take something like 5mg of methylphenidate it would be a miracle and i could stop taking strattera which has been largly ineffective and unpleasent.

Also does penibut have any of the neuroprotective core body temp lowering effects of benzodiazephines?

[EDIT] I have read EVERY thread on bluelight about selegiline/deprenyl, this question is not due to lack of research i really have seen people write everything form "it nullifies the effect" to "It makes the effect ten times stronger" to "your going to give yourself brain damage with that combo" the reason i take these drugs is because i want to protect my brain so if there is a chance that this will enhace neurotoxicity i def want to steer clear, but intuitively that seems unlikely, the biggest dangers seems to comefrom hyperthermia/hypertension from massive potentiation i.e. overdose.

Last edited:
the only nootropics have been illicit, really. my mother ordered me some piracetam today, however; sounds promising. :D

I find that low-dose 2C-E makes a fantastic nootropic, better than 2C-D in this regard but also less transparent. The most effective nootropic state of mind I've been in (aside from experimentation with a very obscure compound that gave me a horrible headache for 2 days) was a combination of 10mg 2C-C and 3-4mg 2C-E rectally, along with 1-2mg of 5-MeO-MiPT orally (taken at the same time). I got a lot done that day... it was great.

i take GABA 750mg 3 times a day, & hope to add L-Theanine & L-Phenylalanine soon... can you help me with any ideas to add something else to make the current mix better in mood enhancement, & anxiety reduction?
- i don't take anything else at all, just supplements to improve & stabilize my mood (i found GABA to be surprisingly effective for me! i suffer from anxiety & social anxiety, & occasionally depressions... do not take meds)

-tnx

Lecithin 1,2g or 2,4g a day
Piracetam 2,4g
Ginseng 100mg or 200mg
Aspargin 6 tablets a day
sometimes coffe
vitamins and minerals ;)

Boiling in Acid said:
anxiety & social anxiety, & occasionally depressions
Ketamine every now and then literally worked wonders for me. YMMV.

Phenibut can work very well if you find the right dosage. Especially taking it rectally seems to work quite well. Tolerance will build though... I've found that the best way to use it is to alternate days, or take it just on days that you might need some help. At the right dosage I've found it to be quite effective at improving mood and sociability. It can be difficult to find the right dosage though, and a little too much can make you very drowsy. I don't really like any other GABAergic substances, like benzos, but phenibut at the right dosage is like a very natural-feeling stabilizer.

I wouldn't really recommend it as a long-term solution though because it's not really sustainable, as tolerance builds very quickly with regular use. But as an as-needed sort of thing, it works well. Although it can be a bit impractical because it takes effect much slower than benzos do.

Ptah said:
Ketamine every now and then literally worked wonders for me. YMMV.

tnx doug i quit use drugs:)

added vitamin b complex to my GABA & adding DLPA (L+D-Phenylalanine mix, which i find good since the ''d'' isomer is known to act as an endorphin reuptake inhibitor, while the ''l'' isomer is better for converting into dopamine & norephinephrine.)

hope to add l-theanine but i doubt that i'll find it in here, anyway really hope to find.

for phenibut there's alsmot no chance for me to find it here in israel & i have no credit card to order it off the net, & even though i would LOVE to get my hand on it for every now & then use, i prefer something like GABA+L-Theanine+B6 mix for a long term solution.

Last edited:
ok so my current stack:) is:

- GABA 750mg x3\day
- DLPA (d+l-phenylalanine) 500mg x2\day
- B complex one capsule once a day
- sometimes valerian+passiflora 2 pills at night

hope to add some l-theanine, & maybe the liver cleaning complex, & maybe replace the b-complex with just b6 or b6+magnesium formula next month...

I have been exparamenting with phenibut lately, I read conflicting info about how long the half life is (5.3 to 18 hours) but i would guess its about ten hours. I do know that if I take some before bed it def makes it harder to get up seven hours later. I also feel little nootropic effect, and could easily find myself becoming dependant on it. I took 650mg of phenibut with 560mg of DXM and had a very psychedelic, visual, and revelatory trip (seemed like a +4) i dont know if this was a coincidence. Other than that phenibut has not seemed remarkable. I'm glad to have it as a Valium alternative.

Here's my proven stack. Has saved many lives ;) Just make sure you're not on Pharmaceuticals of any kind .i.e MAOI, SSRI, the like.

Entheogens, Psychedelics and Cannabis are alright however.

Alternate, 3 Weeks on 3 Weeks off.

Download Here

hamhurricane said:
I have been exparamenting with phenibut lately, I read conflicting info about how long the half life is (5.3 to 18 hours) but i would guess its about ten hours. I do know that if I take some before bed it def makes it harder to get up seven hours later. I also feel little nootropic effect, and could easily find myself becoming dependant on it. I took 650mg of phenibut with 560mg of DXM and had a very psychedelic, visual, and revelatory trip (seemed like a +4) i dont know if this was a coincidence. Other than that phenibut has not seemed remarkable. I'm glad to have it as a Valium alternative.

It seems to work better via routes aside from oral... it's quite inconsistent orally. I have not tried insufflating it, but I have tried it rectally. It burns pretty badly but it fades within 15-20 minutes and it comes on much faster and more solidly.

I experience no real nootropic effect from it, other than it makes me more confident, so it can seem like my skills are enhanced, but really it just makes me think less of failure. This is particularly noticeable in social skills. When it hits me well, it makes me want to talk and move non-stop. It does not seem to shut down higher mental functioning at all, unlike benzos.

I have found that taking it before a psychedelic can cause the experience to contain very little if any anxiety, which can help to propel it into different places.

Phenibut can be a very useful tool and even recreational substance, but tolerance builds very quickly with regular use and I find myself wanting to use it daily.

If I take too little, it doesn't do much. if I take a little too much, it causes me to become very tired and have difficulty staying awake... for quite a long time. It's difficult to get the dosage right, especially when you use it frequently, as tolerance continually builds.

BiG StroOnZ said:
Here's my proven stack. Has saved many lives ;) Just make sure you're not on Pharmaceuticals of any kind .i.e MAOI, SSRI, the like.

Entheogens, Psychedelics and Cannabis are alright however.

Alternate, 3 Weeks on 3 Weeks off.

Download Here
Why not just post it here or attach it to your post instead of using a download service AND using a file format that needs MSOffice/Word 2007 to open?

Hello PD,

I started my regimen a few days ago. I take everything in the morning. It goes like that:

3200 mg piracetam (attack dose)
2.5 mg hydergine
250 mg centrophenoxine
green tea (1 or 2 time during the day)

I am truly amazed at the effects. It's exactly what I was expecting so far. It's making me energetic, smarter, motivated, more socially-intelligent and less inclined to do drugs. Now I have a little question. I don't want to waste my piracetam in useless attack doses. After how many days should I start lowering? I was thinking 3 days at 3200 mg then lowering the dosage by 400 mg each day until I reach 1200 mg. Is it a good idea?

I have been talking about nootropics to friends. One of them was very interested so I gave him a dose of my regimen for his birthday. He has Crohn's Disease and for three months he has to take a bunch of pills for it. Supplements like calcium and meds like cortisone. Should he avoid taking nootropics, even for a single day just to give it a shot? Your advises would be helpful. Thanks and good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.