Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ptah said:
Why not just post it here or attach it to your post instead of using a download service AND using a file format that needs MSOffice/Word 2007 to open?

samadhi_smiles said:
Why not just post ithe information here, since the link will probably be inactivated sometime in the future, and we want these threads to contain useful information for the long run.

peace,
S_S

Pretty detailed and specific stack. Will improve your life on an entire mental level. The days will become more enjoyable, and the nights will become more relaxing. Most of these supplements have general dosages that's why they're not in mg and instead simplified per pill. Regardless, it's the combination of the supplements that you're going to be benefitting from. Not the dosages themselves. The dosage is something you would have to figure out for your own body. However use this as a guide in terms of % of what you should take.

I'm a Male, 150lbs @ 7% body fat. Adjust according to your body and psyche. I do not take any prescriptions of any kind and do not recommend taking any prescriptions while on this stack. Took me a while to compile and I'm proud of the results that I've gotten and 4 other people so far have also agreed that it is, "the shit." So enjoy.

Sunday
Breakfast:
Ginkgo Biloba – 1 Cap
Selenium – 1 Cap
FISH, FLAX, BORAGE (Omega 3,6,9) – 1 Softgel

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
L-Glutathione – 1 Cap

Dinner:
NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine) – 1 Cap

Bedtime(On Empty Stomach):
5-HTP – 1 Cap
Melatonin – 2 Caps

Monday
Breakfast:
Ginkgo Biloba – 1 Cap

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
L-Glutathione – 1 Cap

Dinner:

5-HTP – 1 Cap
Melatonin – 2 Caps

Tuesday
Breakfast:
Ginkgo Biloba – 1 Cap
FOCUSfactor – 1 Cap

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
FOCUSfactor – 1 Cap

Dinner:
FOCUSfactor – 1 Cap

5-HTP – 1 Cap
Melatonin – 2 Caps

Wednesday
Morning(On Empty Stomach):
DL-Phenylalanine – 2 Caps

Breakfast:
Ginkgo Biloba – 1 Cap
Selenium – 1 Cap

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
L-Glutathione – 1 Cap

Dinner:
L-Tyrosine – 1 Cap

Melatonin – 2 Caps

Thursday
Breakfast:

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap
L-Glutathione – 1 Cap

Dinner:

Bedtime (On Empty Stomach):
5-HTP – 1 Cap
Melatonin – 2 Caps

Friday

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap

Dinner:
L-Tyrosine – 1 Cap

Melatonin – 2 Caps

Saturday

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Calcium EAP – 1 Cap

Dinner:
L-Tyrosine – 1 Cap

Melatonin – 2 Caps

Put it this way, with this stack, once your tolerance of the supplements builds in your body. You will experience the full effect of what I'm speaking of. Give it about 3 weeks before you will feel it fully, but most will begin feeling the effects of the stack within the first week. Now not all of these supplements are approved for consumption with certain drugs. So if you're an avid pharmaceutical user, narcotic user, this stack is definitely not for you. If you use a lot of psychedelics this stack was developed particularly in mind for you; Reviving one fully, elevating their consciousness to a level that they thought they could only experience while on psychedelics. Yet be careful to not be on the stack while under the influence any psychedelic, more in likely you would want to consume your psychedelic of choice while on the 3 week off period (That stack is a 3 weeks on 3 weeks off, in some cases even 3 months on 3 off, user preference; 1 week on 1 week off, etc. etc. etc.) Using this stack pre and post psychedelic usage will keep your mental state healthy and in tip top shape. Post psychedelic usage this stack is a great revival tool, pre psychedelic usage it provides a great soothing aura that will welcome you once you enter your psychedelic realm. The only psychedelic I would approve of while on this stack is Cannabis, and I say psychedelic because Marijuana/Cannabis becomes "LSD-like" on this stack. Assuming of course you have discovered your personal threshold and are taking a mg of each that suits your body's needs.

I've been working on this stack for about three years now and it still isn't done. I'm on a mission to pretty much discover any and every alternative medicine that is out there that's not developed by the government. Trust me on my combinations of supplements as well as timing and you too will understand the power of natures original intention to cure the being.

Just know a few rules before consuming this stack:

1) Start off low (talking about amount of each in MG)
2) Give it time (that's why you must start low, this stack works as a combination and in time it will work the second you take that particular supplement at that given time. So don't overdue it, you will overwhelm yourself if you take all too much)
3) Follow the plan as is without straying away and you have my GUARANTEE you will experience a difference in your life. Sober will become non-existent in a different sense (even when your sober you will find yourself saying, "I still feel good"), and your psychedelic minds-states will be elevated to a level you didn't think possible.
4) This isn't FDA approved my friends so honestly be careful, smart, and by all means do a little research on the supplements included in this stack before you consume them. That way you can understand what each one's job is, and how they're going to benefit you in unison.

PS. Focusfactor is optional and can only be purchased online; I like it because it gives the stack a literary edge so to speak. As for the rest of the supplements, they all can be purchased at basically any Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, Health-food store, etc. I purchased all these supplements at Vitamin Shoppe, a 6 month supply for roughly 100 dollars +/- depending on the bottle size you get. Either way it's worth the $100, as it will enhance your drug experience greatly.

:)

Last edited:
My piracetam experiment has progressed favorably. 1g piracetam and 250mg centrophenoxine every day for the last week or so. Finals have gone great, I feel as though my memory has improved significantly. It has also had a perceivable effect on my focus which I was not expecting.

I think the piracetam is working although it can be hard to tell. (maybe I just studied my ass off in a placebo induced fit of motivation:))

Big Stroonz - Nice stack. You should look up what is in FocusFactor, however... I have before and it is all available in bulk online for a lot less money. You can make up your own caps of it, or even better, dump all the things that are in it into a small glass of water and drink. It will save you a lot of money in the long run, trust me. FocusFactor is really expensive... huge markup there. Piracetam is one of the ingredients which is cheap as hell in bulk, as is vinpocetine I believe, and a bunch of others you can buy in bulk.

I'll have to check out some of the other things youi've got in there like NAC... never tried that one as of yet. I get the type of benefits you are describing from daily piracetam + hydergine + centrophenoxine + fish oil + a multivitamin + ginko (sometimes). I cycle the hydergine in one week, out another, or every other day.

I also recommend that after a good half a year on your stack, you cut out some of the nootropics at least for a little while, at least a month. I find that nootropics for too long starts to be counterproductive without a little break. Maybe that's just me though.

Jay123 said:
Good idea. Bluelight should definitely have a nootropics forum.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? I doubt it'll happen though, at least for now. Perhaps if they catch on as their own class of drugs and more people start to use them and know about them, it'll happen. As of yet, they're considered an oddity that most people have never heard of. Despite my belief that they hold a whole host of important benefits especially as we get on in our years.

Xorkoth said:
Big Stroonz - Nice stack. You should look up what is in FocusFactor, however... I have before and it is all available in bulk online for a lot less money. You can make up your own caps of it, or even better, dump all the things that are in it into a small glass of water and drink. It will save you a lot of money in the long run, trust me. FocusFactor is really expensive... huge markup there. Piracetam is one of the ingredients which is cheap as hell in bulk, as is vinpocetine I believe, and a bunch of others you can buy in bulk.

I'll have to check out some of the other things youi've got in there like NAC... never tried that one as of yet. I get the type of benefits you are describing from daily piracetam + hydergine + centrophenoxine + fish oil + a multivitamin + ginko (sometimes). I cycle the hydergine in one week, out another, or every other day.

I also recommend that after a good half a year on your stack, you cut out some of the nootropics at least for a little while, at least a month. I find that nootropics for too long starts to be counterproductive without a little break. Maybe that's just me though.

Thanks Xorkoth, a lot of time in that one. In regards to using Focusfactor over just buying the active ingredients separate, definitely makes more sense. Except that I already have countless bottles of this stuff sitting around so it benefits me by throwing it in. My recommendation is getting the important stuff that's in Focusfactor separately, but if you have it on hand or are lazy it doesn't hurt. Just more expensive, for me though it's different since I get it for free. Vinpocetine on its own is great, along with piracetam but there's some random goodies in Focusfactor that are beneficial that eliminate the usage of the some others when taken seperately; 250mg Vit C from mutiple sources, Vit E, L-glutamine, choline, inositol, GABA, grape seed extract. I don't even have to take a daily multi because of it.

You're 100% correct on discontinuing the majority of the nootropics after a half a year. They're just not needed, my theory with everything is once you take it a certain amount of times you permanently acquire the effects. When this is the case you can discontinue any of the supplements you feel are unnecessary. At this point in time after using this stack for a few years, the only supplements I currently expend are; FISH, FLAX, BORAGE oil in the morning, occasionally DL-Phenylalanine too and Melatonin/5-HTP at night. Sparingly, 2-3 times a week tops. My feeling is nootropics are all people need for recovery and health, this will be discovered by many scholars in the next two years; especially entheogens, herbs, and the like.

Nonetheless, breaking on nootropics is a fact. Like anything after using for a long period of time it becomes unnecessary, and is meant to be cycled.

:%)

Last edited:
Every day I take some amount of piracetam, lecithin, Rhodiola rosea extract, cod liver oil and chocolate on top of vitamins and minerals. Sometimes I replace the lecithin with DMAE as a choline source for a day or two if my studies get really intense (multiple papers/exams within a short period, etc.). Yerba mate and coffee are also added sometimes depending on energy levels.

I tend toward dosages that are minimal albeit effective, since overdoing with it piracetam, for instance, results in anti-nootropic effects and flat out makes me sleepy. Every three or four months I take a break for about a week or two from the nootropics so I don't become too acclimated to them.

I have a long history of depression but have never come close to feeling depressed while supplementing with Rhodiola and dark (70%+) chocolate. A couple of miracle plants if I've ever eaten any!

Piracetam is another material that's worked wonders for me. I've always thoroughly enjoyed the crystal clear precision of thought I experience on LSD and it seems that piracetam with a choline supplement is the closest I've come to replicating that mode of cognition in my everyday life. My usually foggy, racing thought patterns become clear and, with a daily yoga/zazen practice, more deliberate and moderately paced.

Anyone have experience with the other racetams? I've become a little interested in them despite their pricey-ness. Although I figure that if I'm going to burn major cash on a nootropic, it may as well be hydergine unless, of course, one of the other racetams proves more worthy.

I sometimes take piracetam if I'm studying a lot, in the dose range of 1.5-6 grams per day. It does definitely impact on my thought, but not like a psychedelic, really. Never had any real side effects from it. I'll stick it into a bunch of size 00 caps and just munch them throughout the day.

I've also found folic acid supplementation (1mg) is good, I usually take B12 with it too, and magnesium.

NAC may improve your immune system, but I'm not sure how well of a smart drug it'd be...

Last edited:
Took about a 1/4 blotter after my last final last night. Felt much stronger than it should have, and I've throughly tested this particular batch of blotter so I'm doubtful it was a placebo effect. Not sure if I liked the effect however.

Made me slightly more edgy than dosing lsd normally does. Nothing that bad, it just felt different and by different not as good.

i just want to say that for anyone seriously interested in nootropics selegiline is by far the best one i have tasted so far, and i have tried: hydergiene, piracetam, choline, vincopetine, idebanone, phenelalinine, phenibut, low doses of various psychedelics, not to mention a laundry list of vitamins and stimulants of both the prescription and non-prescription variety.

I have been taking 2-3mg sublingually each morning, with a gram of DL-Phenelalinine, i find that combined with one strong cup of coffee this keeps me wonderfully stimulated for the entire day, with a pleasent euphoric undertone i have come to love. I have never felt sharper. I may have to make some sacrifices to continue my use (i have yet to figure out whither or not it is safe to incorperate low doses of methylphenidate into my stack, and the psychedelic interactions are worrisome) but that said selegiline is the ultimate nootropic. It should also be added that none of these drugs will do anything aside form make you mildly high if you do not stimulate your mind as well, in fact i would say that reading a classic novel such as moby dick will probably be a much better smart drug than a year or a lifetime on piracetam.

^^ Yeah, when you mix selegiline and dl-pa it's pretty much like amphetamine... my guess is amphetamine might be a little safer though, but I'm not sure.

nuke said:
^^ Yeah, when you mix selegiline and dl-pa it's pretty much like amphetamine... my guess is amphetamine might be a little safer though, but I'm not sure.

Do you have a reason to think its unsafe aside from drug interactions etc?

This may be naive but drinking a gram of dl-pa each day is a little scary as it seems totally insoluble in water, are their other hydrophobic substances people regularly consume or is this going to put me on the road to some kind of liver damage?

regulare intake of dl-pa is a little scary because it is extremely rare that d-aminoacids are active. considering that the mechanism of d-pa's action is (afaik) still not known i wouldnt encourage taking it with selegiline.
1g l-pa daily is enough for a 75kg person which is provided by a normal diet.

^^^I'm fine with that as long as its not a toxic placebo, i already have a drum of dl-p and i dont want to buy more just to get rid of an inactive isomer, also have any studies proven it ineffective? many venders present (obviously biased) information about the painkilling properties of the d isomer

"D-phenylalanine (but not L-phenylalanine) has been proposed to treat chronic pain. It blocks enkephalinase, an enzyme that may act to increase pain levels in the body."
^^^^
bullshit?

Hello Bluelight. I've been lurking around here for a couple of months and just signed up for an account last night. I like this forum/community. I've already gained a wealth of knowledge (or opinions?) about various topics that I've been interested in. Seems like there are a lot of intelligent posters here. Anyway, on to the main concern of my first post:

I've been taking most of these (besides Piracetam, which I started a week ago) nootropics together every now and then over the past 6 months or so.

Now that I have some Piracetam and am taking it daily along with all of my other nootropics, I would like to get some feedback on my stack.

Specifically, I'd like to know if I'm being redundant, taking too much of something, or lacking something that would make my regimen that much better.

My usual daily stack:
B-Complex vitamin
Omega-3 (180 mg EPA & 120 mg DHA) - [sometimes twice that amount]
100mg Choline (from 250mg Choline Bitartrate) & 250 mg Inositol - [sometimes twice that amount]
10 mg Vinpocetine - [sometimes 20 mg]
200 mcg Huperzine A
130 mg DMAE - [sometimes 260 mg]
120 mg Ginkgo Biloba extract
~2.4 g Piracetam for the 1st week, now 800 mg or 1.6 g

So far I've had pretty good results. Obviously I'm still messing around with the dosing quite a bit, trying to figure out the best combination.

So what do you guys think? I'm a little confused as to how DMAE and Choline Bitartrate should be taken together. Also, should any of these components be taken before or after one-another, as opposed to the all-at-once method I use?

LSD + piracetam = increased LSD duration? i experienced it this weekend... maybe it was placebo effect, but that's what the experience seemed to produce. i also couldn't sleep even after coming down from the LSD...

Substances/plants for easing a comedown and getting restful sleep after L:

Melatonin, Kava, Phenibut, GHB, Neurontin, Ambien, Benzos, Soma, L-Theanine, Valerian, Mulungu, Corydalis, Bali Kratom, Wild Lettuce, P. somniferum pods, Pedicularis, Cannabis indica, Niacinamide, Taurine, 5-HTP and of course Ethanol.

And make sure not to recklessly combine all of those I was just saying those are various sedative-like things that work.

I wanted to add that Piracetam isn't the only nootropic/supplemen to nicely combine with psychedelics. I dig how DLPA, SAM-e, Lecithin, DMAE or Rhodiola mixes with tripping. I imagine Deprenyl, Picamilon or Hydergine might combine nicely with tripping too. And yes, I know combining Deprenyl with certain phenethylamines can be hazardous...

Nitrous is Nice said:
Hello Bluelight. I've been lurking around here for a couple of months and just signed up for an account last night. I like this forum/community. I've already gained a wealth of knowledge (or opinions?) about various topics that I've been interested in. Seems like there are a lot of intelligent posters here. Anyway, on to the main concern of my first post:

I've been taking most of these (besides Piracetam, which I started a week ago) nootropics together every now and then over the past 6 months or so.

Now that I have some Piracetam and am taking it daily along with all of my other nootropics, I would like to get some feedback on my stack.

Specifically, I'd like to know if I'm being redundant, taking too much of something, or lacking something that would make my regimen that much better.

My usual daily stack:
B-Complex vitamin
Omega-3 (180 mg EPA & 120 mg DHA) - [sometimes twice that amount]
100mg Choline (from 250mg Choline Bitartrate) & 250 mg Inositol - [sometimes twice that amount]
10 mg Vinpocetine - [sometimes 20 mg]
200 mcg Huperzine A
130 mg DMAE - [sometimes 260 mg]
120 mg Ginkgo Biloba extract
~2.4 g Piracetam for the 1st week, now 800 mg or 1.6 g

So far I've had pretty good results. Obviously I'm still messing around with the dosing quite a bit, trying to figure out the best combination.

So what do you guys think? I'm a little confused as to how DMAE and Choline Bitartrate should be taken together. Also, should any of these components be taken before or after one-another, as opposed to the all-at-once method I use?

Hey, welcome to Bluelight, or at least welcome to posting! :)

So, this stack looks pretty good. I would perhaps switch the B-complex multivitamin to a fullspectrum multivitamin, unless it is and it's just called B-complex because it's focused on B vitamins but still contains your other nutrients.

DMAE and choline need not be taken together as far as I am aware. You really only need one of them, as they both serve to increase acetylcholine. I would actually suggest switching to centrophenoxine... it's a bit more expensive than DMAE but if you buy it in bulk powder it's pretty cheap. It is DMAE combined with something else (I can't recall which) which makes it work better. You could also try alternating days with the DMAE and choline and see which you like better and go with that. I don't think there's any harm in taking both choline and DMAE, but it is redundant.

Thanks for the welcome and quick response/advice.

I want to get a liquid (or powdered) multi-vitamin that doesn't taste like shit. Do you know of any?

The B-Complex I have is pretty much just B vitamins. I take calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin E and chewable vitamin C wafers separately. Kind of a pain in the ass, but I think I've covered most of the important ones that I know about.

BTW, I read your "End of the Rabbit Hole" report on Erowid a long time ago. Insane, I've done 2C-E twice but never bigger doses than ~13 mg. I did however have a completely insane experience that I feel probably came close to the mental magnitude of your 2C-E/Nootropic soul-destroying just from a hit of LSD, a large amount of potent weed (affects me strongly normally), and one whippit. Environment and a ton of other factors I feel played into it, but I felt like my mind had taken control of itself and I was experiencing very traumatic ego death that increased in intensity exponentially for well over 30 minutes after I took the hit of nitrous. Of course, you and everybody else here knows that it's impossible to convey something of this magnitude... My conscious thought process was sober, physically I was totally detached from my body, and it felt like my mind crossed a barrier of existence that felt like my soul, my identity, was being erased from existence for eternity as I panicked like no other. I called 911 and by the time I was in the ambulance it was becoming increasingly near-impossible to associate myself with any kind of identity. I called my mother, my father, and my girlfriend from the ambulance and bluntly told them what I had done, and that it was only a manner of time before I would die from having my soul completely wiped out. Now I know (but not at the time) that I was having an uber-extreme panic attack brought forth by intense ego-death. But, I've read hundreds of reports and have read about numerous cases of ego-death, but I feel that the intensity of mine must have been substantially greater than the large majority of others'. On the way to the hospital when I was strapped down in the ambulance, my body started constricting and expanding violently and with constantly increasing intensity. A rubber or elastic tourniquet had been wrapped around one of my elbows to start an IV when I first entered the ambulance. The swelling of my body got so intense that one of the paramedics had to cut the tourniquet off with scissors, because it was cutting off all the blood flow to my lower arm because the material had stretched so tight that it felt like it would soon cut into my flesh.

Someday I'll write a really detailed trip report of this experience, but to tie the story up for now I was injected with a minuscule amount of Valium, proceeded to tell my mother and step-father goodbye forever, and just laid incapable of doing anything but experiencing the ever-more convincing destruction of my soul. I passed out and woke up a few hours later pretty much in a state of dementia. I didn't feel "human" again until about two days later.

So anyway, that's my biggie as far as psychedelic stories go. I have tons of other incredible ones (most involving nitrous) that were all overwhelmingly positive, but I'm saving those until I feel like I'm in the right head-space to do them enough justice by writing about them.

But anyway, how about that stack?!

Haha. Glad to finally join this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.