• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Scraps & Redundancies

TO: day_for_night

could you please reinstate my SC name : "goodkarma" me and MGS are good friends and he has told me to talk to you about getting my sc name UNBANNED. I will email you also, since this is nice the appropriate topic.

Thank you.

P.S. the suspension of my account was suppose to be for 2 weeks, yet it has never worked since 1.4 years...?

Tried it 2 days ago... got the itch, headache and fever. I actually had to take a cold shower but I was all fine after that, except that I vomited twice.

This was the very first drug I've ever tested, but still I think I only hit the first plateau.
I beleive I took a total of 500mg powder during the night.
Could it be because of the vomiting that I didn't got higher?
I didn't vomit until ½hour after the times I took the dxm though.

I'm not sure though, if anyone could explain the biggest differences between 1st and 2nd plateau I'd be very happy.

ive done dxm through coricidin and its pritty fucking amazing, like a mix between shrooms and pcp... if you're gonna try make sure you listen to modest mouse, or godspeed you black emporer.. or other soft melo music... but be careful my girlfriend is in rehab for that shit... it can be addictive

I tried it once, well twice actually, and I don't like it at all. I guess I'm not really the disassociative kind of person, I'm more into uppers. The first time I done it I guess I had a bad experience because I was in a bad setting, I got dragged to a church and I had to listen to all that hallejula singing, and then at 3 am I puked my guts out all over my carpet, and I puked and puked...I think there's a trip report of mine somewhere in the archieves on DXM. But no, DXM is not a drug I would like to try more, there's just something dodgy about getting high on an OTC that's cough syrup, I tried it at first because I had read the FAQ on Erowid and it had sounded so fanscinating, the different plateus and all... :)

to those of you who like DXM i have this to say, 500mg of DXM + nitrous = the best feeling in the world. well at least for me, i had the best out of body hallucination. after i took a big hit of nitrous i was thrown through my friends wall (not my body, it was like a different camera angle in a movie) into a different world where my friends mom was laughing her ass off. this made her jaw fall off then a arm popped out of nowhere and gave me the whipped cream maker full of nitrous for another hit. i can't remember what happened after that. have any of you done this or had trips like this? if so i would love to read them.

thanks for your time

eat some and watch the wall. Cliched yes, but you'll never be more confused in your life. Trust me. I accidentally watched it 2x.

i tried it once about 500 mg. it made me feel very drunk and like total shit. never took it again.

CLOUDelta_9 said:
eat some and watch the wall. Cliched yes, but you'll never be more confused in your life. Trust me. I accidentally watched it 2x.

???

You accidentally watched the wall twice?

why didnt you just stare at it once and not look away. that would make more sense

DXM=v.Bad

Dextromethmorphan containg cough supressants are bad for you + they're addictive. I should know, I used to dose up every week and it was fucking horrible.
Try Mescaline, its way nicer and heaps better for ur soul.:)

Re: DXM=v.Bad

drugks said:
Dextromethmorphan containg cough supressants are bad for you + they're addictive. I should know, I used to dose up every week and it was fucking horrible.
Try Mescaline, its way nicer and heaps better for ur soul.:)

because there is a san pedro cactus is sitting on the shelf @ CVS ;-)

My body would rather take 3 robotrips than 1 mescaline trip. I think my mind would agree as well 8(

Mescaline is one of those things that, the longer after having done it, the less desire I have to do it again.

But I agree with you DXM can be addictive (although I can't see being so addictive that I would have to use it once a week or more).

From my past experience I find DXM fun; however, I use it on a once a month maximum. Additionally, I prefer 1st plateau dosages as it's more recreational than the higher plateaus. DXM can be useful for boosting other substances such as Salvia, Weed, and Nitrous. I'm sure there are others, but IMO DXM shouldn't be mixed with other mind-bending drugs with long durations. As far as in comparison of DXM to Ketamine, I find K a lot better and cleaner feeling. The only things DXM has on K is DXM is cheaper/more available and lasts longer.

i have tripped on dxm a bunch of times between 200-1000mg and they have all been very interesting. a couple of times on higher dose trips ive felt what nick44 said where ive came to realize during the trip that drugs are bad and i should stay away from them, of course when i came down i wondered why i had those thoughts because drugs dont pose a problem in my life. The only other problem ive had was being sick (puked on 1.5 4oz bottles but had absolutely no nausea or anything with 3 bottles, weird i guess) and having that amnesia! ive had some amazing experiences where i just feel so awesome floating in nothing or floating around to whatever music i am listening to and seeing some very cool stuff but often times unfortunately i am not able to recall these experiences afterwards. i would like trying to keep a journal of the experience but unfortunately it is extremely hard for me to write under the influence of dxm, and usually i fall asleep towards the end of the experience and by the time i wake up ive forgotten much of it. but i do remember some, and must say that well being on a high dose trip the feelings of floating and movement felt while simply laying on ones bed for hours is simply amazing and actually well worth the discomfort of drinking syrup (although i hope to get powder form soon). dxm is much fun and very misunderstood by many people, and i hope to enjoy it periodically and never tire of the great effects.

dxm can be pretty addicting. i had one run of a week and a half of use at high doses, most of the time i took two eight oz.(i weighed 300 lbs at the time). i was completely reckless and stupid for doing that, but i don't regret it. it taught me a whole lot, like to keep drugs in control =D

Too true. I was outta control for awhile, lost some friends.
All of my trips were on cough syrup and always 200ml (or more) of max strength liquid i.e 30mg of Dxm per 10ml of liquid.. Fun @ the time, but it was only in retrospect that I noticed how downhill things had become.
Things are heaps better now. DXM isn't part of my life anymore, and whatever drugs I do use are done in moderation.. thank god.
Look after yourselves.. ;)

^^^
I dunno. For me, the side effects were just too pronounced. Nausea, itching, deep confusion, being in such a dissociated state for so many hours, etc. I can gain everything and much much more from a good dose of Ketamine than I ever can from DXM. Not only that, I'm not stuck in a dissociated state for hours and hours.

However, I must admit I have had one powerful DXM experience that changed my perspective of the substance. Until the next time I tried it.. and the subsequent trips that followed after that.

On my only beneficial trip I ingested 600mg on an empty stomach, with my ex-girlfriend. Purpose of the trip? To try to find a reason on why I'm so prone to addiction (Yes, weird I know..taking more drugs to find a solution to the problem I have with drugs... 8( ). Anyway, while I didn't find an answer to my question or come up with any sentence that a 1st grader couldn't come up with. I did have an extremely intense experience, one in which my thoughts were beyond contemplation and once I threw marijuana into the mix..my god..where the fuck was I? Didn't speak a word to my girlfriend at the time. However, had very impressive Closed Eye Visuals (the open-eyed visuals were shit) and what are called "mini-dreams" by many, which consequently brought back many childhood memories for me. Things I had long forgotten.

Anyway, my later experiences with the drug were quite honestly boring, with the drug lacking the total dissociation Ketamine brings and having all, plus more of the ghastly side effects of 5meo-dipt.

the one thing i've found fascinating about it is how the brain becomes able to focus entirely on one process leaving you completely unaware of any other mental activity...
listening to frank zappa and the mothers is a good process to focus on if you've got a lot of DXM going...

also, it kind of lets you detach yourself from the ongoing narrative of your life... a friend of mine was sitting on a solo-flex machine with his arms up in the thing and he threw himself to the ground yelling "ABORT MISSION" thinking he was an astronaut.

i've never experienced anything like religion with it though my roommate did once declare himself suddenly pro-life in a burst of sentimentality.

DXM hasn't tended to make me feel more in tune with things the way most of the tryptamine and phenethylamine psychedelics can. I feel like if my brain's a pane of glass maybe someone cracked it in the middle and made some huge cobweb of shattered glass just barely hanging together.