• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Scraps & Redundancies

In my experience, a small dose of diphenydramine before DXM does not seem to potentiate the DXM, but will make the whole experience smoother (easier comeup, less nausea and motion sickness).

A side note: I have never experienced the DXM itch before (done up to 800 + gfj), but friends have. Opiates, however, will cause this reliably. Strange. Not complaining of course.

Last edited:
I took DXM for the first time last weekend. I first took about 150 mg, then another 300 mg 1-2 hours later, so 450 mg in total.

I remember Not feeling anything for hours. Then, sudenly, I realized I had been tripping for quite some time and the "fun" started:
Me and my mates L and I (L was also on dxm, same dosage..I was only on speed) decided to go to the park. I was feeling very drunk at this point with a slight psychedelic edge. I had a growing feeling of dissocation and was actually quite enjoying myself. However, as the effects were getting stronger, my head first started to glow and got very warm. This later dissappeared, making way for some extreme nausea.
At the peak of the experience I was completely out of it, and I remember one of my mates asking me if he should call an ambulance. Luckily, I managed to show my mate L a big grin, and he got the message: I was doing fine. At this point I was crawling through my own vomit, and the effects were very intense, though extremely physical. My visual input became very distorted, everything looked very chaotic and I couldnt make out any clear forms anymore. My mind was completely occupied with trying to cope with the extreme strokes of nausea that were overwhelming me every ten minutes or so. As I was lying next to a tree, trying to stay clear of my vomit (which, as I saw the next day, I didnt succeed at), I got some nice visuals on the tree. The tree seemed to be made out of ropes, a very mushroom-like hallucination. This would be the only real psychedelic effect I got that night and the rest of the night could be described as drinking a bottle of scotch when yer already too drunk to stand up straight: very intense, but very physical. Way too distorted and chaotic to make antyhing out of it. Although all this may seem pretty unpleasnt, I actually enjoyed the sheer intensity of the experience. It was just too chaotic and much too physical to be really worth the horrid nausea.

I really don't feel I now know what DXM's all about, so I'll guess I'll have another go at it sometime in the future. I'll probably dose a bit lower, somewhere around 300 mg.

After the experience, I dropped some speed and the come-down was very smooth. I felt like a million bucks the day after.

Combining DXM with cannabis was pretty cool. I remember laying in the dark and seeing a lattice of technicolor vines with sharp pointy teeth and bug eyes, and a huge purple static cloud descending from the ceiling, among other things during my peak. My friend who was tripping with me took about 150mg more than I did(I took about 550mg of pure DXM), I have no idea how his trip went, although he did ask me if he was dead about 6 or 7 times.

Used to use, not I stick with Coke, Acid, and E. Last winter tho, me and a friend took around 1500 mg apiece and wound up at a friend's house for hours it seemed, and later that night I rolled over in my bed and was still fucked up, so I went for a walk, Found myself walking barefoot in the snow and decided Robo wasnt for me anymore.

i have never actually tried the drug myself but have many friends who have.
they dont have too many good things to say about it.
one will never try hallucinagenic drugs again after her robo trip.
a couple tried it bout 10 or so times.

the reports i have heard dont sound too goood.
itches
"robo" walking
dark feelings/vibe
feeling sick as sin/throwing up

its kinda like the antihero drug in my circle of friends.
only one of them wants to do it again
i dont think ill try it personally/

Psilo707 said:
Holy shit. I cant believe some of you mess with quantities of up to 1,000 mg. Thats just ... way too much in my opinion, even for experienced DXM users. I mean is it even fun with those extreme amounts?

I found my perfect dose for DXM is 400-450 mg, and even then, I think its an overall mediocre drug. It has been fun, and it has shown me some new ways to think about things, different perspectives (although very minor), and some laughable good times. But I just dont think it holds a candle to other substances that are readily available. That's just me though - I know - some people have had great experiences with it :)

Psilo

Perhaps you find it mediocre because you haven't ventured to those upper plateaus where it's less "oh man i'm wasted i feel like i'm drunk and stoned and something else" and more like "omg my eyes are open to the infinite void, i can see each individual soul flickering beneath the shroud of atoms we call reality".

True, high doses aren't exactly beneficial if you just want to have some fun, but if your into something a bit more profound than a night of being 'fucked up' then high doses of dxm are FAR from mediocre.

BTW, 1 gram of dxm isn't an extreme amount, as long as you have no enzyme deficiency you should be safe... physically at least... mentally you might just crash and burn if you aren't ready to experience that dose. If you are though, it's quite acceptable.

I do have a problem with 1500 + ... now THATS just getting obsene.

^^^ Exactly! I've found 3rd plateau DXM experiences to be some of the most rewarding events in my life, rivaling even the most powerful experiences of other psychedelics (the insights rival 5-MeO-DMT, in my opinion).

As far as exact milligram dosages are concerned, that really depends on the body mass of each individual. 1 gram might not be much for you, but that would launch me solidly into the 4th plateau for someone my weight (almost 17 mg/kg!).

I've taken DXM too many times I suspect. What's weird is over the
years since I tried it the drugs effects seemed to have completely changed.

I first tried it when I was 14 and at around 350 mg it was ok but really nothing that great. Lets say from age 14 to 16 I noticed that usually it would give me weird lucid dreams (friends noticed this as well).

When I encountered power at age 18 I never had any sort of dreaming phenomenon the DXM seemed alot funner though. Still nothing really that visual from DXM.

At age 20 I just feel sick and mental cloudiness confusion. I get headaches. My heart races and believe it or not finally DXM is actually visual with a low dose I see things in the distance kind of swirling
open eyes.

Basically I feel I've experienced the best and more recently the worst of DXM experiences. I can see why one person would consider it absolute crap and another person enjoy it.

I also subjectively feel DXM is very hard on the brain. Yes, this is not a smart drug ! Other people I have known have told me the same thing about DXM how the experience has completely changed to feeling just sick
and stupid etc.

Anyone else out there ?

Enjoy !

What chemicals, hormones, receptors, etc. in the brain does DXM effect exactly?

im worried about what the other things in the syrup will do to me? and its hard in england to know which has it in, and what else they got in em could be really bad in high doses....?

All that glucose in the syrup can do your liver some damage if you do it too much, that's why i'm not doing it every weekend (i'm too lazy to extract it and yes I know it's easy but i'm very very lazy)
DXM has definitely given me the most fucked up thoughts i've ever had in my entire life, I find it scary to venture into that repressed part of my mind. I still like it though...:D

First time I tried it i drank a whole bottle (250mg) and after a few hours I couldn't remember a thing. My friend looked after me and tried to come in contact with me but it was impossible. I was so doped up I muttered out yawns and grumps, I simply couldn't speak. After my friend went home I wentto the bathroom to take a dump (not a good idea). I woke up the next day in my bed and didn't have a clue how I got there. My parents told me I had been sitting on the can yelling out words like "aaaahh... uuhhh blaaa bliii" very loud. That was pretty embarrasing but they thought I was drunk :)

It's a cool drug, only problem is I get so damn tired on it. But the visuals can become amazing, like on shrooms and LSD, though only in higher doses!

Last but not least, be careful with it since it can produce heart attacks at high doses!

at first it was like talking to god.. concious... yet dreaming at the same time... in the dark it was magic... i could see the ghosts floating around... if i stared at the ceiling long enough it would melt into oblivion and i'd be cast into a colorful surrealness... many times i would feel like i was standing or floating when lying down.

this was at first...

but then i loved it too much. i couldnt let go.. i started looking to it all the time for answers... the hang-overs are hell... im still up now bcuz of one.. i used to puke from it.. i used to be soo pissed when id waste bottle by puking it up. how stupid.. now i can take em like a champ.. or i go the expensive way with Delsym..

my other pot head friends still give me the crooked look when i mention the sizurb... and to tell you the truth it is kind of embarrassing.

furthermore.. my experiences are hardly psychedelic like they were in the past.. i think it is time to let this one go.. as i do realize this drug has way too many drawbacks to make it positive.. that light headed overall not yer selfness isnt there with many other psychedelics folks... ive done em..

i think ill stick to my new found love.. 2-ci~!~!

party young.. die old. 8o

wishual said:
First time I tried it i drank a whole bottle (250mg) and after a few hours I couldn't remember a thing.

Blegh, I tried syrup once but that didn't do the trick. I couldn't finish the bottle because my mouth and throat were not really accepting it, it was getting 'too thick' to swallow at a given point... but that was one of my first times trying the drug ...... a couple of weeks later I found some nice dutch(I live in the Netherlands)-cough pills with 15mg per pill .. which I'm using the last 1.5 years now to trip on DXM (experienced with a lot of doses, but found 600mg the most comfortable (depends on your weight, previous experiences, etc. etc.)) But really, try looking for DXM pills/capsules, it really smooths up a lot (at least it did in my case) :D

weedisgood said:
im on a little bit of dxm right now..........goooooddd shit
im lovin it

hehe, how much did you take? 'a little bit' means you're feeling a little bit trippy? Or are you having an out_of_body exp? Or heheh maybe you're doing the robowalk now? :p

DXM...my love affair started almost 2 years ago a big bottle of vicks cough and I was ready to go...Since I have blown through most brands of dex only cough syrups and moved onto the used of pure RC powder...which just blew my mind on the difference from a 500mg cough syrup dose to a 500mg pure dose...I got away from drugs for the last wsix month(something I doi known and then to purify myself) and I recently saw the new robotussin pure dxm pills..15 dxm hbr and nothign else, so i downed the whole bottle of 20 for a seemingly noticable 300mg trip with out any tollerence(becuase I haven't touched dex in over 6 months...well strangly enough...the come up took 3 hours(compared to my average old 45-80min) the body buzz was more so...AKA moonwalking feeling...but nothing very cool...slight sound alteration, it never really peaked...but I felt the same at 10 am as I did at midnight the night before, my sleep was restless and I belive I had a nightmare, which is odd becuase in my pure dex days I was nothing but positive on the substance...the really doesn't matter what does is although the robo cough pills had very small threshold effects they last well over 12 after the come up...for me at least I was wondering if anyone else has tried these new piulls yet and Have had somesort of similiar experience?

My first try at DXM was dosed at 450 mg and I got extreme nausea and a bunch of other nasty symptoms. A description of it should be somewhere earlier in this thread.

However, I did a dose of 300 mg on my own a few days back and I loved it! My body felt alien to me but in a very mild way, nothing too extreme. I could think very clearly and felt completely at peace with myself and the situation. I used the state to do some meditating, which I found to be very rewarding. I used a different brand this time (smaller capsules) and skipt dinner before ingesting the stuff. This seems to have helped, I experieneced no nausea or any other nasty symptoms this time. I'll have another go at this drug in the near future. Can't wait to try higher doses.

i just did it again,.. n ot delsyum but robo max strength... i ran into aproblem i used to have frequently... HELLA NAUSEAS... i puked.. couldnt handle it... n everyone whos done it knows how robo pukes are... u get distance LMAO
i dunno if i wanna keep doing this... acutally i dont.. but i cant seem to stop.. hrm thats bad.. ima stop :O

Last week I did DXM for the first time, only I tripped on it for 2 days straight because I am very dumb, and my stoner brain forgot everything I had researched on it before.
I used Vicks 44, the syrup you know, and I threw up really violently several times.

Now, I know (because I went back to erowid afterwards) that a side effect is vomiting, but I was wondering if anyone had any better luck with NOT vomiting if they used pills verses syrup (I knowagain also now that you shouldnt just drink the syrup)... Like Robitussin gelcaps that ONLY hve DXM in them (I checked) against the cough syrup. is there any chance that not having to down that terrible syrup would decrease the chances of puking, or am I just getting my hopes up because I'm stupid?
ps, I cant really do any extraction things because any kind of cooking that doesnt involve food would surely get my parents suspicious.