• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Scraps & Redundancies

I've used more than my share of D. Most of my experiences were on the 1st and 2nd plateaus, which IMO are excellent when combined with alcohol, or just alone, at a concert. :> Also, this is all re: pure powder in a gelcap. Thought I'd put that in after my comment about no nausea.

Damned if I remember my first time, but I've 3rd platted a time or two, and..wow. To use the description of a true first timer: "It was like going insane. It was like seeing your entire life in a picture frame." While I wouldn't describe it like that, I could definately understand that. I've only experienced nausea as I was crossing the 2/3 line, and that was more do to my head spinning than anything in my stomach disagreeing with me. Once I lied down and closed my eyes, it went away pretty quickly, and I could embrace the trip.

I've found that as far as the 3rd plateau goes, it's definately not my thing. I have have far too much fear and respect for it to try and go higher than I should, and that was the vibe I had the entire time. Until then, its the world of robowalking and around for me.

I've shown roughly 5 people, from all levels of previous drug usage, this amazing substance over the past year, and all 5 of them continue to enjoy it. Admittedly, it's not for everyone, and if you do it, there will be some snobbish users that will look down their nose at you for using a "kiddy high." Just let them go their own way.

The dosage calculators online are decent at best. I've gotten used to eyeing a dose in a #1 pill. Fully packed will send a decent sized guy to 3rd plat, and loosely packed sends a smallish girl there. Admittedly, I'm not getting the exact mg dosage, but IMO DXM is cheap enough that you can afford to be imprecise, especially if you have 3-4 people going in on costs.

Despite all the praise I have for D, I'll be the first to admit that it isn't the healthiest thing out there. Check Erowid or the DXM Faq for the details. (good rule of thumb: research the crap out of anything that's going to be fucking with your brain) However, in almost 6 years cumulative experience, neither I nor any of my friends have had any noticeable negative side effects. Just give your brain some time to rest, and it will thank you for it.

Hey,

I did about 150 MG today. It was the best experience ever, I've done cocaine and morphine and although those drugs relax me this drug just makes me feel like a child again. Care free, innocent and happy.

This is the best feeling that I have ever had induced by a drug, usually I am quite sad, but this stuff just makes everything so happy.

I want to do it every day.

I read that DXM thing at www.erowid.com, and the extraction method looks hard and I don't even understand it. I just drink it straight from the bottle, is that all right?

Last edited:
it should be ok to be taking cough syrups as long as the only active ingredient listed is DXM

When i tried dxm i took 70mg of it in a syrup, and another 180mg in tablets, it took a long time to just start feeling it, but once i went and smoked a bowl i almost immediatley felt a 2nd plateau trip, it lasted for about 6 hours.

-Fil- said:
it should be ok to be taking cough syrups as long as the only active ingredient listed is DXM

When i tried dxm i took 70mg of it in a syrup, and another 180mg in tablets, it took a long time to just start feeling it, but once i went and smoked a bowl i almost immediatley felt a 2nd plateau trip, it lasted for about 6 hours.

Hey, re-reading my previous post I sound kind of ignorant, thanks for replying nicely, though.

I know my DXM trips take a couple hours to really start, also.

p I like DXM so much I got the powder an IV'd, IM'd and snorted it all at the same time. Unfortunately now I’m dead. :p
Really I've done it like twice and thought I'd be better off with free wild amanitas, or a cuppa water lily tea, at least they provide you with some euphoria. (better yet have an amanita/lily tea…

BTW- The fact DXM is a cough suppressant doesn't bother me at all, I found a brand that actually tasted like Dimetapp (grape cool aid with a bit of vodka)

Peace
SJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a bad DXM trip

One thing I've noticed about DXM is that I've never really had a bad trip on it, despite it being what I consider a pretty powerful psychedelic. On the other hand I have never really attempted to use it as a party drug either. It's something I normally prefer to do by myself, since I like to do higher doses which can make it difficult to interact with other people.

I've found the dissasociative effect at higher doses very interesting, and had some very interesting CEVs on it when I relax and concentrate, even on what I consider a fairly low dose (aprox. 600mg). I was actually able to come close to what I would consider an OBE. It's difficult to describe this, but I felt like when I really focused on the visuals I was not only able to manipulate them but I even felt like I became a part of them.

I also had an interesting experience in which I seemed to go back to some of my childhood memories. Unfortunately, I don't remember alot about this because at high doses of DXM it becomes difficult to remember the experience. This may may limit the uselfulness of the drug, but I'm sure it is something I will continue to do in the future. While it's certainly not as fun as other drugs I am hoping it will be able to teach me more.

If you're just looking to have a good time, DXM may not be the drug for you. It's certainly doesn't produce any euphoria for me or lend itself to social situations or situations where I have to do anything while I'm on it, or possibly even the next day. Then again, the majority of my experience has probably been in the 3rd or 4th levels, so maybe lower doses are a different story. Be careful how you use it and don't underestimate it as just a cough medicine. On a high dose it is easily at least as powerful as LSD, but in a completely different way.

I'm doing DXM for almost 4 years now, and I'm loving it.

But I'm living in Holland and here they sell DXM in tiny capsules, so I don't have to drink that much of syrup :)

I have dosed between 100 MG and 1040 MG. The last year only above 600 MG.

The only problem I get is that I can't remember all the weird things I see and hear in my trips :)

Well, my first shroom trip was a total ripoff it seems - I may be 17stone in weight, but 35g eaten Fresh shoulda done something I'm sure! (Mexican Cubensis) So I'm gonna try DXM TODAY!!! :D - reply fast! ;)

I'm a very musical individual so that will be my main focus - I'll write a trip report if it ends up any good! One thing I wanna ask is how much should I take? As I say I'm just over 17 stone. I want a decent trip with not so much risk of ending up on my ass wondering wtf happened to me ;P

I'll be taking Robitussin - whatever one I find that has dxm as only active ingredient.

Please advise and take care of yaselves :)

Florestan

DXM Experience

I first tried DXM a few months ago. The first few trips were at the 200-400mg range. The experience was very euphoric and empathic. Life seemed to take on a new meaning, and I noticed that I was starting to
live more in the moment. It was as if a veil had been lifted from my mind,
and everything seemed new and interesting. The next few trips were in
the 600-800mg range and were very intense. After coming up, I remember
staring at my computer screen and feeling as though I was traveling at
light speed right into the screen. Then there is the supernova effect when
you feel like the universe is collasping in on you. The CEVs are astounding.
Normally after laying down for a while tripping, I get up and don't know who I am
what I am or where I came from. Everything earthly is totally foreign. It's
as if you are dying or already dead, or perhaps being reborn, total psychosis, and not very fun at all.
Except you are gratfull when you finally make it back to real world. DXM is
a powerful drug, and the most mind bending shit I have ever ingested. It
has taugh me a lot, like to enjoy every second you have here on earth. It
have motovated me to be the best person I can be, a decent human being.
I will probably explore DXM a little further, but I think I have learned most
of the lessons it has to offer. This substance needs to be respected, and if
you are not comfortable with who you are, or the least bit unstable mentally, it will rip your mind a part, so beware. Hope this post makes at least a little sense. 8o

DXM Extraction

For those of you looking for higher doses without chugging bottles
of Robo. Read the DXM FAQ, and use the Agent Lemon extraction
method. It is a much cleaner trip. Powder is OK, but it doesn't always
work as advertised. I prefer the extracted DXM to any other form.

my thoughts

i think dxm is fun. i learned alot from high doses. the next day i experienced a feeling that was very similar to getting a concusion from snowboarding. the comedown lasts for days and feels like pcp in that seeing things out of the corner of your eyes that arent actualy there way... i dont need to read medical journals to know that this drug causes serious brain damage and thats why i have capped my usage at 4 trips. i still feel the urge to do it now and again due to its easy availability in canada. pharmaprix is open till 12 now! (jokes)

i think if i ever got really hooked on opiates which i dont plan on doing. dxm could be a useful tool (in small doses) to ween myself off the harder drugs. but for now t3s make the oxy cravin stop bothering me just fine... and joints and booze make the t3s go away. and t3s and joints dont give me serious long lasting hppd symptoms like dxm does (we could argue all day about whether or not i actually have hppd and since im an visual artist and i use it to my benefit i dont really classify). anyways dxm scares me . i hope that some scientist does to dxm what they did to pcp (made k). cuz i would love to see a significantly less neurotoxic version of this beautifully halucinagenic opiod.

Well I've actually never tried DXM. But this can be atributed to the fact that a close friend of mine was put into a coma on new years of 2003 after use of DXM. I dont know what his dose was. He was in that coma for about 4 months, afterwhich for a 2 months peroid he had no speech abilities, infact very few cognisant abilities period. its been almost 12 months, and he is still in that bed. I wont ever use DXM.

Did he get seratonin Syndrome? Was he on an SSRI or an MAOI? Somethin' ain't right about that....

I dont no the details unfortunatly. As far as i understand he wasnt using any inhibiters, but who knows. His parents didnt even know he did drugs till the found him on the floor of his room.

Question about Dextromethorphan HBr Powder

DXM:
I have heard that snorting the shit really hurts (what are the effects of snorting compared to drinking Robo or smoking it?) smoking assuming you have access to a crack lighter.

Would it still have the same effect if I mixed it in Orange Juice, Soda etc..?

or would the acids in the drinks fuck up the DXM?

mod's note: price edited out

Last edited by a moderator:
the powder is not water soluable so it will NOT be absorbed in your nose, it will only burn like crazy, probably gives you a nosebleed as well.

do NOT smoke or snort dxm, stick to swallowing the powders, put it in capsules ot(<< was meant to be an r, sorry for the confusion) throw it into your drink, it will not deteriorate because of that..

Last edited:
I dont have any capsules, so it would not work if I just poured some into the drink?

*is now informed*

thanks for the thread on smoking DXM...now all I need to know if it would work with just putting the powder in a drink like OJ or Soda...