European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Could EADD be a Democracy?

Ernestrome

Bluelighter
I have ponderd this for a while, not mainly in relation to EADD or BL in particular, but more in regards to forum running everywhere.

A case in point might be young harry's frequent disappearances. I wouldn't vote for that, would you? But let us not get to bogged down on specific instances. I see instances of abuse of power on many forums i visit, with there frequently being no recourse for a poster who is banned. I think this is shameful, and as forum and community based sites expand i think this is an issue that must be addressed.

Do you think we should turn EADD decisions over to the forum goers, with an exec committee voting on punishments for posters etc?

Or could we dispense with rules altogether and have an anarchic forum?

This is in no way supposed to be a criticism of the moderators or admins of blulelight.

I41 would appreciate greater transparency in the decisionmaking process.
Reasons for banning should be published in a specific forum so that mods and admins can be held to account for their actions.

You get 100 points ... that is 1 point per warning ... it would take someone to be a complete cunt to get banned ... I say fuck 'em :p

i think all forums should be like squatjuice....... no modding at all, free for all!! lol

it works for them. =D

trollclaart

Perhaps there could be a system where anyone who had been a member for more than (say) 2 months would get a vote.

People could vote on other people being disruptive and if there was a large enough consensus they would get warned, temporarily banned, or permanently banned depending on the situation / vote.

I only suggest 2 months or whatever to stop people registering multiple times to get multiple votes. Maybe it could go on post count but that would encourage post whoring.

I'm not holding my breath for something like this to be instituted on bluelight but it makes for an interesting discussion to think about alternative ways to run an internet forum.

Forum governance is something of a bugbear of mine.

I am on the other side of the curtain at another site so i do have an idea of the difficulties of administrating members fairly.

The best thing to do in such cases as Harry, is ban them from the forums they get in trouble in perhaps if any banning is to be done at all.

I also think each forum or region should have a specific admin from that region... e.g. this forum is essentially run by an American. Which I find rather stupid, when I should of course be in charge.

I think the idea is a good one one member one vote in cases of banning etc but mods toi do mundane tasks especially the DICTATOR KNON AS DUCK RACER !!

zophen

I'd be in favour of a system where people would vote on decisions. It would give all the contributers a say rather than a select few.

But it isn't going to happen. Ever.

The administrator on bluelight for this forum is American as are most of the Administrators... I am trying to think if any are Australian I think maybe 1 is.

We need a european admin, bluelgiht used to be run by europeans, its gone to the dogs now ;)

yeah, but by having a european admin we leave ourselves open to the rude french, anal germans, temperamental italians, lazy spanish and drunk irish.

What we need is a UK WASP!