• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Could EADD be a Democracy?

alasdairm said:
bluelight could not work as a democracy. by its nature, it's a dictatorship - albeit a much more benevolent one 'these days'.

He didn't ask about bluelight, only EADD.

IMO this forum could regulate itself, however as I said before, it ain't gonna happen.

For what its worth I think all the previous mods in this forum have done a superb job and never intruded or tried to make thev place their own. Quite the opposite in fact. Over the proposals to change the forum rules the previous mods listened to everybodies opinions and fought for what the members wanted.

I think to keep this place as democratic as possible people should talk to me, Rushes and Tambo with any grievances, ideas, etc and we'll try to get them implemented. :)

^ I'd love to PM you and Rushes and Tambo but I have to get to BLer status before I can PM staff members and for some reason that doesn't seem to happen these days....

^ Well, I might be tempted to do that, if they unblocked my IP.

Altho' that said registering accounts takes 4 minutes and thus costs me £1 for 7 accounts and proxy servers are good so even if they do want to play silly buggers I'll still be here.

And it has to be observed that posting in support of racial profiling in CE+P is just fine but posting and stating that Israeli or US citizens are most likely to invade other countries gets one a ban so the correct response would be to say fuck the bigots that run CE+P, let them have their circle wank together. Should I say that?

EDIT : You wouldnt be happy my friend.

Last edited:
zophen said:
Hallo harold you Ok ?

I'm fine thanks! Currently enjoying Australian hospitality but planning a move to Taiwan soon or perhaps Iran or maybe Chad. So many countries, so many proxy servers!

duckracer said:
Spot on.

Stay here it's much better.

But of course right now my IP is blocked and if one is going to be hanged for a lamb one may as well be hanged for a sheep and bugger the sheep too.

None of that should have to happen if you just don't go on your usual rampages. This for example, letting everybody know how much you're in the right works on peoples (admins) nerves. Fact is that yes, you might've been banned for something seemingly small, but it's the cumulative and persistant trouble you make, particularly in CE&P. If you keep on coming back only to start with these kinda posts, then ofcourse they'll ban you right away..

I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but just letting you know that noone has trouble with you being on the board, IF you just stay out of CE&P and don't whine about administrative businesses.

Sorry to take so long to reply Harold but my machine is on a go slow , great that you're back keep away from the yanks though coz they don't appreciate you at all I think (you thinking this as well?).
Anyway try to keep posting

zophen

Blowmonkey said:
None of that should have to happen if you just don't go on your usual rampages. This for example, letting everybody know how much you're in the right works on peoples (admins) nerves. Fact is that yes, you might've been banned for something seemingly small, but it's the cumulative and persistant trouble you make, particularly in CE&P. If you keep on coming back only to start with these kinda posts, then ofcourse they'll ban you right away..

I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but just letting you know that noone has trouble with you being on the board, IF you just stay out of CE&P and don't whine about administrative businesses.

I know where you are coming from and agree with you. My point is as it has always been: either there are rules and those rules apply to everybody equally or the BLUA should just read "We'll do anything we like and you will agree to it'.

I'm not sure that you are right about noone on the board having problems with me. Some people very clearly do. Time before last I got banned for pointing out that there were indeed Jewish Nazis (and giving links to prove it) after somebody called me (a Jew) a Nazi. Is it only me who gets a whiff of double standards there?

Fuck democracy! It means I have to make a decision and I can't be arsed. I trust the mods to do a good job (And they do, to be fair) :)

7zark7 said:
Fuck democracy! It means I have to make a decision and I can't be arsed. I trust the mods to do a good job (And they do, to be fair) :)

No no we form a voting block you sign your vote to me thats democracy innit

zophen

BL is bigger than EADD

Not sure if my presence would be wanted here, either to offer a square kick to my nuts or a pat on the head as the token American, but I'll step in just the same. I've long appreciated the EADD forum, both for its wit and for it's member's ability to police one another without too much need for outsider supervision. Though I'll be honest and admit there are plenty of times I miss the humour and offer serious answers to rhetorical questions. If the gist of this thread has become to take a piss and vent a bit, I'll shut up and let you have it without my interaction. If it is to actually discuss what started off as a legitimate discussion, I'll be more than happy to offer any insights I can (both personally and as a longstanding staff member of this site).

If you want something answered, I'll always do my best to offer the most complete (hence, long worded) and honest answer I can provide - just ask, privately or publicly. This openness on my part also means I welcome any legitimate criticism to be offered - of myself or the site, so I can see what can be done to improve the experience for all members and site operations.

+++++++

To touch on a few issues already brought up:

There are currently 4 Admins (3 Americans, 1 Aussie) and 2 Engineers (1 Aus, and chr1.5 when he's available - obviously from UK). It is true the site was started by UK representatives, and they did a fine job of creation and getting it going - but the site has evolved well beyond any vision they had for it, and any ability they've had to maintain it. Life called, they moved on. I can get into a lengthy discussion of the history of Admins for the site, their backgrounds and influences on site direction, but rather than ramble on a tangent, I'll simply field any questions on this subject.

EADD has been a self regulating autonomy for quite sometime, in case you hadn't noticed. Since C22's poll, I believe the only 'exective' decisions made to the EADD and EAEvents was the pruning I've done of older threads - a necessity for server operations, no other reasons or motivations beyond that simple fact. Even during that process, I did my best to work with the members to get it done in the least disruptive manner we could. Please, correct me if I'm wrong on that statement of EADD's self-rule. Further to the point, I've been the de facto Admin for this forum since C22's departure, and I've done my best to listen to the forum mods (selected by the outgoing mods, not by myself or any other authority figure making dictatorship decisions) and help them institute any improvements they felt the members of EADD would benefit from. Specifically, the only modification I can remember making to the forums was the inclusion of 'Africa' in the titles, done at the behest of the members. Not that it had any effect whatsoever on the forum operations, but it was viewed as an improvement by the members and was implemented.

The point to which some of you may view this as a dictatorship or as the Admins running amok (which again, I find myself as the representative to you members) is in context of disciplining of any member. I assure you this is not done on a whim, or by individual personal agendas. Generally, the Admins keep one another aware of problems and try to gain consensus before any changes are made to forums, likewise any problem members are discussed with forum mods before action is taken. EADD is at something of a disadvantage, in that the mods have changed over so many times over the past year or two. While I have the utmost respect for the current and recent mods, they simply have limited experience with the site and the problems associated with disciplining for the benefit of the site over what impact it may have on their forum. Admins reserve final decision, and some Admins may listen more or less to the forum mods (and perhaps members) before taking action - so in that sense the Admins *can* exercise dictator-esque power. But we also have a much longer memory on the history of certain members, and others like them, who have caused problems for the site beyond a single forum. Just because JohnnyComeLately joined in 2005 and has been a great chum in EADD, doesn't mean he hasn't been trolling the fuck out of the other forums, or that he hasn't been banned repeatedly in the time before he took this account. These aspects also weigh into our decisions and actions, something you may not have visibility or memory of - but we do. We have to, for the sake of the site and ALL of it's members, not just the ones in his buddy-buddy forum.

Do ALL of the Admins act the same way? No, we're human, and we've changed out who runs these positions over time as well (some were great, some were not so great). Do ALL of the forums get run the same way? No, some are more actively moderated - by mods, by Sr. Mods (haven't seen any flexing authority in here, have you?), by Admins (well, I feel my history speaks for itself). Some forums left to run themselves to a large degree (here, take a look in the mirror). This leads to some inconsistency, in that some forums are policed harder than others - again a reflection of the staff AND THE MEMBERS of those forums, and how they want the forum run.

*sigh*
I'll leave it at that for now. As always, I'm available if anyone wants to engage me in a serious discussion. I actually have read the entire thread and would enjoy a discussion as the initial poster started off with - a general 'is it possible' rather than a specific to BL/EADD' argument. But I'll not guess at what you need, I'll simply say that I am available and willing to work with anyone if they feel it is beneficial for the site. This is my attempt at the transparency so many people desire when it comes to decisions made that effect them.

Please note, I have not singled out any particular person or account, I merely tried to show the EADD members some of the information they may not know. I am reluctant to address any particular member issues except with that individual, and perferably privately rather than publicly....unless they choose to keep it in front of everyone.

- Your servant, as ever, TLB of BL

Last edited:
TheLoveBandit said:
lots of stuff
- Your servant, as ever, TLB of BL

dude............ fuck that was a long post =D ;)

but yeah shit is better now C22 is gone and I like having the odd yank around with a brain in here (all 4 of you ;)), cheers for pooping your head in :)

Thanks for the post TLB. And thanks for all the work you have done for us. I hope that nobody has anything bad to say about you. I certainly do not. If all the admins and other staff did their job the way you do yours this would be an ideal website.

The problem is the same as it has always been: either there are rules and those rules apply to everybody equally always or the BLUA should just read "We'll do anything we like and you will agree to it'. Unfortunately that has never been the case. Which is why some people can do things like use BL to make terrorist threats to another poster (like the poster who threatened to send a letter bomb to my house and posted a link to a map showing where I live) without even getting a warning and another staff member got banned for the official reason 'having a bad attitude'.