• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do pills have herion in them?

Acid_Reign

Bluelighter
LiKe DooDZ!
My FrIEnD's MaTes WItH ThESe DEalERs AnD He SAid THerE WAs!%$@
But no seriously
smile.gif

The idea struck me when i was speaking to some guys who said that when they started with smack they'd buy a 50 and just eat it and that worked "ok". I've heard everyone say repeatedly it's not orally active at the dose's in pills. What dose is herion orally active? The closest thing i found was some bluelighter saying it was about 5 times the normal dose which would easily fit in a pill.
I've also heard "it's not cost effective", maybe not in the uk/us/etc but why not australia where mdma is more scarce? I figure if these guys can buy a 50 of h and get off then it must be pretty close to being as cost effective as a pill at 50.
It's obvious it's not impossible but is it likely to happen in rare cases?
What do you guys think?

why would they bother eating a 50 bag? wouldn't it be more effective to just snort it?
maybe the only buzz they got from it was psychosomatic
wink.gif

It just seems to me the points we've always used to disprove this "myth" aren't that strong....

Was talking to this guy who used to deal... and i quote "well, the speedy pills have speed in them, and the smacky pills have heroin in them" I just thought... he used to DEAL? I didnt even bother arguing about it...

The fact that 1000's of pills have been tested and only a few have ever shown to have traces of herion is probably a pretty good reason. Of course this is overseas, not that many proper tests (besides ezy tests) done here in australia.
But i see what you mean, its *probably* possible to press a pill the size of your head that you could munch on for a few hours that *might* have some effect but i think the bouncers might see you trying to lug one of them in. Unless of course you did the hunch back thing
smile.gif
Ok ok ill try to be serious in this third paragraph. You said a $50 hit provided them with some effect, if a pill presser was paying $50 to press one pill what price would he be selling them at? Of course you say that he would be buying herion by the boatload and thus it would be cheaper, but to be cost effective the cost of a pill (to make) would have to be far cheaper than any orally active herion pill could be made for.

Ok,
Does anyone know how much herion is required to be orally effective?
And how does the difficulty and cost compare between a herion and mdma synth?

I admire your patience Acid_Reign. I see what you're asking, unfortunately I'm the same as everyone else and can't answer

Yo
A few years ago - maybe mid 98 in Melbourne, a batch of pills named Green Playboys were going around. A large amount were siezed (sp) by the police. A newspaper article a week or so later stated that they contained MDMA, Methamphetamine, Novocaine and yes you guessed it - Heroin.
I had these exact pills on two occasions and I thought they were pretty good. Speed bombs with a little "something" - happy stuff - added as well. I don't know about the heroin part, but I was rocking hard to music I usually hate, so whatever was in them got me going.
Whether this was just media bullshit or for real - who knows. We need an Australian analysis lab - i know for sure I would send pills in.
--WarChild--

As part of some research I found a paper called 'Ecstasy profiles in Western Australia tablet seizures' - 1996. One of 57 tablets/capules seized (an unmarked tablet) contained Diacetylmorphine (heroin) as well as amphetamine, methamphetamine, ephedrine, caffeine, cocaine, monoacetylmorphine and acetylcodeine!!! So it can happen.
Other stuff in the seizures included MDMA, MDA, MDE, ketamine (x1) and bromo DMA (x1). They didn't state quantities.

It is interesting to hear of the above analysis of 'ingredients'. However, I would like to know in what quantities they were found. The premises of a pill 'factory' are notoriously unclean and there is a strong possibility that a number of different areas of 'business' (eg pressing pills, preparing H, 'washing' coke) are happening in close proximity. This could lead to cross-contamination which would explain certain 'trace' elements. Just a thought.

Tranquilo: If .au's anything like the states, it's illegal to give out quantities. You can test a pill for content, but you're legally not allowed to give out percentages/weights.

It was my belief that heroine is almost totally metabolised in the stomach? Meaning that you would need ridiculous amounts to get the same effect from IV.

Thats what i believe aswell.
However does anyone have figures. Do you need 10 times as much, twice as much. More than possible to eat?

Do a BL search. Enter "bullshit myth" as your search criteria.
The truth is out there...
------------------
Dig and be dug in return.

its surprisingly hard to find any information on oral doses of heroin
frown.gif

what I found, after reading through lots of rat-killing experiments and comparisons with morphine, is that for an oral dose of heroin to be as effective as intravenous injection, subcutaneous injection, snorting or smoking you'd have to use around 5 - 6 times as much.
Does anyone know what a normal IV, SC, snorted or smoked dosage is?
[This message has been edited by E Bee (edited 04 November 2000).]

Original "GOLD" CK's contained morphine (or methadone) like substance, as well as Ketamine. They were made locally, contrary to some people's beliefs.
How do i know...all i can say is that i just do.
[This message has been edited by Rashen_Kings (edited 05 November 2000).]

not really a counter argument, but i'm not sure i understand you...are you saying that labs found such drugs as morphine and methadone in pills and have simply labelled them as heroin? why would they do that -- wouldn't they want to expose these "morphine like substances" as other active ingredients in pills? publicising that teenagers are swallowing morphine and codeine would spread a lot of bad press which is exactly what they are after.
and, if you yourself say that mdma causes "woozieness" as well, how do you know that MDMA was not the active ingredient in the CK golds? or what about ketamine? or any other 'woozy' substance? are you just speculating or basing this on some sort of fact or knowledge other than what they felt like at the time?
cheers! -- BuckE
The Buck Stops Here

Labs are perfectly able to distinguish between the different opiods. If there was morphine in a pill (highly unlikely, it'd be easier to just buy heroin than to "aquire" a few hundred packs of MS Contin), they would report it as morphine rather than saying its heroin because morphine is far more potent than heroin when taken orally (and therefore more dangerous).
MS Contin are sustained release tablets containing 15mg of morphine sulfate and a hell of a lot of filler. Crushing them down and adding them to pills would be of little benefit, so you would have to extract the morphine. I can't imagine a manufacturer going to that much trouble and expense to put morphine in their pills (especially if they already had an active ingredient). They could make more money selling the morphine tabs to junkies.
Adding methadone would also be pointless. It has almost no euphoric effect when taken orally, and is only beneficial for pain relief and heroin withdrawal.
"Drug experts believe that the inclusion of heroin in ATS is designed to enhance addiction in early users." This is obviously a scare tactic. Contrary to popular belief, it can take 6 months for an IV user of heroin to become addicted (methadone, nicotine, and even alcohol are far more addictive substances) so I can't see ecstasy users going back to the same dealer that sold them a dodgy pill because they're craving heroin after a meager oral dose that more than likely had no effect at all.
I'm sure if someone was using/selling both heroin and ecstasy, there would be some contamination of the pills that could account for lab reports showing traces of heroin. How many of us use our old speed baggies for pills and vice versa?
Unfortunately, you cannot prove that something doesn't exist, only that it does. This is why lots of people believe in God, unicorns or fairies. Some people even believe that the world is flat and that man never landed on the moon, despite the evidence to the contrary.
People believe what they want to, which is why urban myths like "heroin in ecstasy" will always exist, no matter how much evidence you provide to try and disprove it
frown.gif