• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

A Quote Thread....

FoX

Bluelight Crew
"I fuck the people I care for because I love them, because they excite me, because I want them, because sex gives me ways to communicate with them that other venues don't, because it feels good, because it's intense, because it's honest, because it's raw, because it makes me come."-Johanne Blank
------------------
If it's orange and fuzzy, it's FoXy....
"Ed Meese should be ass-fucked by an acid-crazed elk."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
The study of science is the study of the anatomy of God...spirituality is the psychology....

I dunno what kind of quotes, you're looking for but here's one
smile.gif

Learn how to laugh at yourself, you'll never cease being amused - Unknown

"i wrote the story myself. it's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it" ---mae west
fox: that one's gettin printed out and put on my wall
smile.gif

"Il ny a pas de hors-texte."
or . . .
"There is nothing outside of the text."
Spoken by one of my personal favorites . . . Derrida.
Fred~
smile.gif

"Search on man / calm savior / God speed and forgive you..." (Jim Morrison)
"If I contradict myself, so be it / I am a multitude." (approx.) (Walt Whitman)
"I taste just like any other 299 year-old bun." (SQ IV)

"We are eternal; all this pain is an illusion"
tool
------------------
Tree huggin hippy, hardcore muthafucker.
The big fuzzy plur bunny that under the right circumstances will FUCK YOU UP, son.

"Suck a fat one"
by Oskar "the ghetto" Grouch
------------------

God Created Man..and Man created Machine.. and Machine........Machine Created Music
Amnesia is, not knowing whom one is and wanting desperately to find out . . . Euphoria is - not knowing whom one is and not caring . . . Ecstasy is knowing exactly who one is, and still not caring.
Ignorance may be bliss . . . but bliss is nowhere near ecstasy.
if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always had
dancing is the perpendicular reenactment of the horizontal desire
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall be forever amused.
you can't get out of life alive
"Dance...dance as if no one is watching. Dance as if you are the only one who knows how to and it is your job to enlighten the world. Dance with whatever you need. Grab your glowsitcks, flashlights, or whatever maximizes the experience. Dance until you feel the melody and the beat pounding throughout your entire body. Let the music take you away to another world. That is truly the secret to happiness..."
Craving rave, our souls buy time
To get away from our restless minds.
Some people come into our lives, and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance.
They awaken us to the understanding with the passing whisper of wisdom.
Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for a while, leave footprints on our hearts,
and we are never, ever, the same.
imagine a time ... no fear, no crime ...
a better tomorrow ... no fears, no sorrow ...
imagine a place ... beyond time, beyond space ...
imagine you'll find ... a new state of mind ...
a guiding light thru your darkest night ...
imagine it's true ... the future is, you ...
ive got heaps more ... maybe later!...
------------------
rhythmatic movements in unison with others prolong an act of sensation with no limits or boundaries >

No fear, no distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter, truly slide.
-Jack, Fight Club
Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.
-Billy Crystal
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, 'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim...'
-Paula Poundstone
Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.
-Aristophanes
Never marry for sex. Getting married for sex is like buying a 747 for the free peanuts.
-Jeff Foxworthy
We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have aready done.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
------------------
Christian
AIM: TChristianW
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and
only enough blood to run one at a time."
-- Robin Williams

It's not those who inflict the most, but those who endure the most who triumph.
(My friend Sam last night, but he said it's an old saying)
------------------
You are real, but only in the sense this sentence is

Procrastination is a lot like masturbation - they're both great until you realize you're just fucking yourself
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt."—Bertrand Russell
"You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count." –Winnie the Pooh
Music Is—
“After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible” –Aldous Huxley
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought." -Matsuo Basho
I have a whole bunch of "philosophical" quotes I like, here are some:
Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying. ~Baba Ram Dass
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau
No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. ~Heraclitus
Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it. ~Santayana, Essays
The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. ~Friedrich Nietzche

"I'm gonna go home drop a pill, slam one down, light one up and rub one out..."

"when the horse is dead-dismount.",one of those previous turn of the century presidents .cant recall which one it was, but you can apply it (the quote)in many ways.
[This message has been edited by beanergrl (edited 15 August 2001).]

"The known is finite, the unknown infinite; intellectually we stand on an islet in the midst of an illimitable ocean of inexplicability. Our buisness in every generation is to reclaim a little more land"
-T.H. Huxley
Here you go Jeff-
"Beggars should be abolished; it is irritating to give to them, and iritating not to."
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentances what others say in a whole book."
"A subject for a great poem would be gods boredom after the seventh day of creation."
"There can not be a God because, if there was one, I could not believe that I was not He"
"The Idealist can not be reformed: if he is driven out of his heaven, he makes an idea out of his hell."
"if you wish to understand a philosopher, do not ask what he says, but find out what he wants."
" It is odd that God learned Greek when he wanted to turn Author, and that he did not learn it better."
and
"God is dead."
-All of these are by Nietzche (the philosopher, not the bluelighter whom I wrote these out for)

Taken from: 'The Momentous Day' by H.R. White:
Each smalles act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of
time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of
this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed,
until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far
away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of
evil.
& for a bit of fluff......taken from Groove.........."the sweet cottoncandy kiss of transcendental bliss......"

you're my midnight sun
-my best friend
remember that although the night is dark, and clouds cover the magestic sky, stars are still shining for you. you might not see them, but it only takes a little wind to carry away the gray clouds...

"He has all of the characteristics of a dog except loyalty." - "It's My Party"
"Sometimes you get what you want, but it's not what you think. Then you get what you need." - Jo Dee Messina (don't laugh)
And then we could do a whole thread made up of only "Godfather" quotes. There's a whole big monologue in "You've Got Mail" about how you can apply "The Godfather" to every major life decision.
------------------
"George W. Bush gave us compassionate conservatism, which is an oxymoron right up there with jumbo shrimp."---Stephen King
[This message has been edited by Ariela (edited 18 August 2001).]

I am lost, I have gone to find myself, if I should get back before I return have me wait......unknown
A innocent world has no need for Gods.....unknown
Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light.......joker (1st batman)
He who forgets is destine to remember.....pearl jam (Nothingman)