• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Tattoo Megathread vs. Tramp Stamp

xXTOKERXx

Bluelighter
Well what do you all think of them???

i wanna get something meaningful, but i dont know where on my body...

im open to ideas and surgestions, but nothing erotic.

Thanks 8o

I like them (well obviously since I have one).

Depends on what you are looking for. I think the arm bands around the bicep look good on guys. Also tatt's right below the neck, between the shoulder blades look good.

Just make sure you really really think about what you get before you get one. Live with the idea of what you want for several months and if you still want it after that time go ahead. You will be living with it forever (barring getting it lasered off).

Oh... and make sure it's original. You don't want 20,000 people running around with the same design.

i love tattoos... have 6 (or 7 if you count a cover up as being 2 tats) and want more...

definatley think long and hard about it, this is something that is going to be on your body the rest of your life... i made the mistake of wanting to get a tattoo, stoned out of my mind, seeing a "hello kitty" tattoo design and thought it would be the best idea in the world getting it on my crotch... a year later, i had it covered up with roses.....

see if maybe a friend can come up with a design for you, or talk to the tattoo artist, many are more than happy to design one for you, just give him or her an idea and let 'em use their imaginations... unless there is a flash design that really really really catches your eye, because many other people have chosen the same design and the tattoo will lose some meaning (if it had any to you)....

I'm a tattoo junkie.. the only problem is I'm still trying to think of what I want my bodysuit to be. I've only gotten one at the base of my neck, and I've been thinking for about 6 years what I want the suit to entail. Until I'm absolutely certain, I'm not going to do anything else.. I like cohesion and an overall theme as opposed to a scattershot of "wizard here," "skull here," "rose here," "koi over there," "tribal thingamubobby here."

Make it a personal significance, and talk to the tattoo artists. Most of them WANT to do something original that the two of you think up. Everyone gets flash art. Most artists get tired of doing cherries, Tinkerbell, skulls, etc., because EVERYONE gets them and they're boring. They make money, though, so it's pretty simple, but they need good stuff they can put in their portfolio, too.

So talk with the artists and get an idea for what sorts of things are important to you, what kind of art may look good on you (some skins hold colors or greys better than others), and what sorts of things they've done before.

Good luck! This is something highly personal and will stay with you forever, hopefully.

A celtic circle thingy between the shoulder blades, with some tribal stuff surrounding it might look cool.

im not into anything too tribal, although tribal is good..

i only want a small tattoo but cant think where for the life of me...

im a fairly angree person so a tattoo to represent some form of anger would suit me nicely, possibly on my left arm to represent this time of my life...

hopefully in years to come when im having a good time in life i can get a happy tat on my right arm, so together i can reflect on the good and bad times.

If you are making three posts in a row, go back and edit the first one with your additional questions to save space and the readers time.

DO NOT make any rash decisions with this, don't run into a tattoo parlor tomorrow and start bugging an artist. What you COULD do is find a shop that has apprentices doing henna artwork (basically temporary tattoo's)... try something out for a few weeks before you decide to have it permanently scrawled into your skin.

I suggest that you start looking at art and saving images here and there for future referance. I carried around drawings/paintings, sketches and pages out of magazines for YEARS before I ever got them inked.

Don't walk into a studio to talk to an artist until you are ready to make the commitment and serious about what you want... don't waste the artists time just talking about tattoo's and shooting the shit about crappy "flash" that everyone gets.

For websites, run a google on tattoo's... there are hundreds of websites out there.

Well as far as costs go, it ranges place to place i got mine relativly cheap ($35) for a nice size red and black nautical star on the inside of my arm. NS are good lookin tats.

I'm turning 17 very soon and for my birthday I hope to get three navy/dark blue stars at the base of my back. The outer two will just be outlines and the middle will be completely shaded in. I want them low enough to be hidden in a formal dress, high enough to be seen in low rise pants. I had debated about getting them for a long time, about 5 years. The main part of the decision making was the fact that I have to live with whatever I get for the rest of my life.

Sorry Web!

anyways yes the henna is an idea i like and will be doing that before i actually get inked..

im not rushing into this, ive thought about it for years and dont intended gettin it done soon..

i ran a search on google but got loads of shitty sites - i admit i spent 5 mins looking, but still!

lol..

the reason why i asked here is people may already know of some good websites to visit.

thanks for the help so far!

Maybe a little (3-4 inch) round tat of Mars with a demons face kind of shadowed into it.

I like them, since I have one. I got it 10 years ago and it still has the same meaning and importance it did back then - and I think that is the key when getting something. I've been wanting to get another one, but have been trying to design something the past three years - I'm not going to get another just for the sake of it.

Check BME for info and pics of tattoos (as well as reviews of tattoo studios).

I have one, with plans for up to 4 more. I love mine - I had the design for about a year before I had it done, just to make sure I was certain that it was what I wanted.

:)

My dad is great at Calligraphy...this dude was raised in China and has the best, neatest writing I've seen...Im gonna get him to design me Chinese characters saying 'Fire dragon' cos thats my birth year 76...also I will have something from him when he no longer here....although still long time away :)

please, no tribal or chinese writing, or dragons...most played out shit ever.