• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates On Coke Comedown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, old thread...

There's a Trip Report just been posted about coke and opiates, which says that the coke comedown was negated by the opiates, especially the feeling of needing more coke.

yeah, I won't shoot coke anymore unless I have something for the comedown (dope or benzos). The comedown from a night of shooting coke is pure and utter hell which I can't deal with anymore.

yeah, I won't shoot coke anymore unless I have something for the comedown (dope or benzos). The comedown from a night of shooting coke is pure and utter hell which I can't deal with anymore.

I thought that the coke comedown wasn't anywhere near as bad as Amphetamine comedown, until I began to inject Cocaine for marathon amounts of time (8-12 hours straight of fixing and shooting a shot of Cocaine after a shot of Cocaine).

There is a study done on whether Methadone maintenance patients or people who are dependant/addicted to opioids get 'higher' from Cocaine than someone not dependant/addicted to opioids. Apparently Heroin addicts, MMT patients, etc all respond more favorably to Cocaine than someone without an opioid dependancy/addiction.

However, I can say from a lot of [painful] experience, that while on Buprenorphine maintenance and Methadone maintenance, that no amount of Buprenorphine or Methadone following a stimulant binge of any kind (but specifically IV Cocaine marathons) will kill or even soften the comedown. Why this is I don't know. However, while a Heroin addict and engaging in this auto-Cocaine-fever behavior, a small or moderate shot of Heroin completely erased all presence of comedown, cravings for Cocaine, all of the physical symptoms, etc.

Safety wise I don't doubt the severity of what you are putting your body through. Amping it up with huge amounts of Dopamine and Norepinepherine, Cocaine/Ecgonine, followed by an immediate intravenous redlight reversing everything in the blink of an eye.

I imagine it'd be like driving your car at 80mph in 4th gear, pulling the emergency brake and throwing it in reverse at the same time.

Obviously as stated earlier in the thread, cocaine and opiates are a very dangerous combo, often referred to as "The California Heart Stopper". Opiates slow the heart down, cocaine speeds it up. Needless to say it's like a tug of war with your heart being the rope. But you are doing it on the comedown, so by then your pulse should be pretty much back to normal. You most likely would be fine, but I recommend smoking weed since it's not a good idea to use a hard drug just to come off another hard drug.

Obviously as stated earlier in the thread, cocaine and opiates are a very dangerous combo, often referred to as "The California Heart Stopper". Opiates slow the heart down, cocaine speeds it up. Needless to say it's like a tug of war with your heart being the rope. But you are doing it on the comedown, so by then your pulse should be pretty much back to normal. You most likely would be fine, but I recommend smoking weed since it's not a good idea to use a hard drug just to come off another hard drug.

Marijuana can exacerbate a stimulant comedown: increased pulse, hypertension, shaking/trembling, dizziness, paranoia, anxiety, etc are all common side effects. This would definitly make a comedown worse.

That is true. But I think that weed is definitely a safer option than taking an opiate for a comedown.

It's weird, sometimes weed would help me come down and sleep and other times it would make my heart race and keep me awake.

I guess it just depends on the batch:\

But yeah benzos are great for a coke comedown.But I was a heroin addict, so i would just do a shot of dope and then crash out.

I too noticed that IF(and i say IF because once i started doing heroin i really didnt have much desire to do cocaine)i chose to do a line or two with friends that had coke when i was still doing heroin, it would REALLY INTENSELY effect me. My heart would start going crazy. I HATED it.

I used to hate when a friend of mine that liked me would always try to touch me and hook up with me when I was comming down off of coke. I would tell him to leave me the fuck alone and go away! I don't like him like that sober let alone when I'm all cracked out and comming down. God I HATE him for that. Good guy, but is fucking annoying sometimes.8)

Mixing opiates and cocaine is called a California heart stopper? I have never heard that before in my life. Also I have seen people have full blown panic attacks from smoking weed while coming down off coke so I don't know how good of an idea that is. Like this dude literally thought he was having a heart attack and was seconds away from calling 911 after taking a massive bong rip after a night of doing coke.

I personally would rather have a xanax to come down, i think the hydro would be great,, but would help me to relax and fall alseep, now if i ran out of coke, but wasnt ready to go to bed yet, a hydro would be perfect!

ever since i first tried opiates for the comedown i can't go without them after doing coke. they make it so much better. is it really that bad for you if you are only snorting the coke and eating the opiates?

Maybe its different because I love opiates more than coke, but i used to take about 6 norco 10's (the 10/350's) about 45 minutes before i would start doing coke and i would be bouncing off the walls

Though this thread is old, going to add my 2 cents. A recently minted opiate experimenter and now daily (but light) cocaine user, tonight I find myself in the predicament of having drunk too much liquor after an afternoon on adderall for the first time, and then doing coke. While drinking and coming off the addy i snorted two lines of cocaine. About an hour and a half after that, knowing i needed to stop the uppers and start slowing things down i smoked a bowl of pot with a friend. This seemed to calm my thoughts, but then i realize that my heart is beating harder, and i start to feel anxious and edgy as the many above have said. After one read through this thread, i chip off a sixth of my second ever OC80 and rail it. My tolerance is about where a couple days ago, when i last did the opiate, i snorted 20 mg and got supremely high. Well, here i am 30 min later still wired enough to post a long reply, but having a good time doing it. My pulse is slighly up from normal and feels a bit stronger even (i'm lounging in bed atm lol). I guess i'm rushing off of snorting that much oxy which i was worried about but whatever its saturday now. I guess the ppl who suggest taking an OC eat them rather than snort? Either way it's taken the edge completely off of the comedown of cocaethyline and cannabis, in addition to getting me high again. I definitely wouldn't have done this if i had anything I needed to get done today, in which case i would have rather taken valium or xanax to kill the anxiety and go to sleep more quickly than having this.great.high. :)

My apologies for the rambling stream-of-consciousness reply!

-A

Last edited:
I have never experienced a come down on coke, usually because i drink when ever i take cocaine. So i just fall straight to sleep.

I have never experienced a come down on coke, usually because i drink when ever i take cocaine. So i just fall straight to sleep.

Are you serious? Drinking should exacerbate the symptoms of a coke comedown - i.e. cocaethylene lasts longer, is stronger, and has a longer comedown. Perhaps when you drink on cocaine you do it until a certain point, then stop; THEN you'll feel a comedown/crash maybe a couple hours after the last line and be able to sleep. Personally, I want to continue partying/experimenting.

Completely serious, Have never once had a comedown off coke, felt a crash and have been able to sleep fine. Why would drinking make the comedown worse?? Its like taking a benzo to help you sleep. No when im drinking and taking coke, i drink way past my last line then head off home because there are no drugs left.

Really depends on your tolerance, but yeah i would take opiates on coke comedows if 1 i still did coke ad 2 i was't o MMT... after that its up to you, but mixig opiates ad bezos on a coke comedow takes away all the egative aspects of a coke comedown i my past experience.

just been reading a few of these posts saying weed helps coke comedowns...first comedown I had off coke I smoked a couple of joints thinking it would help me sleep, and had the WORST time of my life for about 6 hours after. Whereas before I smoked I just felt a bit shaky and completely exhausted, after i smoked my heart went mental, I was dizzy, panicking, my eyesight was going black. I was freaking out!

I gave coke a miss for about 8 months, and once I got into it again I stayed well, well away from the weed. Even cigarettes make me feel a bit funny. Few hours after the last line I still get the racing heart but not half as bad as if I mix it with weed, I generally sit it out in bed and try and take my mind off it with tv. Wierdly I find if I feel any kind of slight emotion like guilt or expectation, it makes my heart race even more and I get a bit short of breath, so I just try and keep it totally dull! I'm not overweight, fairly fit, blood pressures normally normal...I guess its just how my body reacts to it. Probably the cokes also really shitty....

IMO, opiates are one of the best if not the best thing to take after a night or day lol...of banging cocaine or sniffing it. Im sure the acetaminophen in opiates that contain it help the blood flow run through more easily for cocaine constricts blood flow especially to your heart. In my experience opiates are actually more fun to take after a comedown from coke ...I dont know what it is but for me I feel like its a potentiator and makes the feeling more enjoyable....I for one have a tolerence to opiates in general so 50mg of either percs or vics really do the job.....I actually just finished IVing coke and took 50 mg of percs and feeling the effects now as I type...no comedown.....AND a better high then just taking the percs alone IMO...I too will not indulge in coke if I dont have opiates for a comedown. Big and avid pro-opiate user for coke comedown....but must I stress not to overdue it because only yourslelf knows yours limits so in any case or situation be careful and research before you DO ANYTHING,

The first time I tried dope it was to ease the comedown off coke..it worked nicely. Much better than alcohol or weed, although those also do a good job. I don't think I've tried benzo's though..

Status
Not open for further replies.