• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

has pot killed your personality?

sOn

Bluelighter
i think pot has killed my personality. i cant really talk to anyone anymore. i just feel like i dont belong or i dont fit in there and its really awkward.

I find myself feeling the exact same way very often. It's hard to socialize, especially with people I'm not familiar with. I think that pot will cause a naturally introverted person to withdraw and internalize even more. I really need to quit, I hate the feeling you described.

i find pot makes you more likely to want to do things by yourself, or hang out with only one or two other people. If you find a group of people that you like to smoke with this could solve some of the problems, or don't smoke as often, which would also help

Smoking pot just makes me think a lot less, and as such it becomes difficult to be a sociable person. Being high is good for stress relief because it relieves you of those extra IQ points that your brain is always using, but the downside of it is, well...a loss of IQ. I think pot can definately contribute to the "staling" of someone's overal personality, although probably only temporarily.

^ I used to feel the same way. Weed would make my thoughts (particularly those about things and people around me) slow down, or stop coming to me altogether. Sometimes, sensing my own shift in the social structure, I wouldn't know how to feel and I'd get nervous, and it was usually pretty apparent to other people (subconsciously, I think, but still the same impact). So in short, yeah it fucked around with my personality, but only while I was high. After a while I learned to accept my own state and not to try and counter it, and getting high just seems so much more natural. I think it's a powerful lesson learned, both socially and personally.

I feel it also depends on what type of person you are, if your the shy quiet type or the happpy go lucky talk to anyone type, I am closer to the latter here, I am care free already so when I smoke I just become more care free, probably by about 10 fold, take for example, a shy stoned person walks to gas station, gets munch food walks home, me on the other hand, walk to gas station, talk to almost anyone who will talk back on the way there, look at food for awhile, talk to the guy working the register for another 20 minutes and walk back. if I'm at a party I am talking to almost anybody who will listen, But I've always been this way, when I get high I just don't care what other people think about me. though fizz said is true, find a inner circle of friends you really get along with and smoke together, you'll find it more enjoyable and better laughter

It doesnt kill your personality, it just sedates it and if you cut down or stop you'll bounce back fine.. I felt the same way after smoking cronically for about 2 years then I stopped and was shocked at how different I was after a short period of time.

Weird - I always felt the oppposite of "thoughts slowing down" that some people are experiencing.

For me I can't stay focused on any one thing - my mind races from one topic to another during a conversation and suddenly I couldn't care less about what everyone is still discussing - because I have already moved on to thinking about something vaguely related in my head.

But - yeah - when I smoke I prefer little noise or distractions or drama. I just like to keep things really mellow - and to some nonsmokers that is just plain boring - so one tends to hang out alone or with other stoner friends.

--- G.

Yup... But i wouldn't have it any other way, fuck it, weed is more fulfilling than human relationships anyway I find. But then again I'm feeling pretty jaded with the whole human race at the moment.

I like using pot because i'm so much more creative on it, as such, I withdraw alot to that I can go off and be creative.

I don't agree with anything said in this thread.
Guess I'm just pretty lucky ... I used to be intensely shy (OK ... scared most of the time) & introverted, till one day someone passed me a joint ...

yeah...drugs have helped me open up and get over social anxiety in many ways. It's not just when i'm on them either. I can get along with people better thanks in large part to the weed.

pot has made me such a better person in different ways that im scared to think what i would be like without it.

Exactly, most of you people are gay for not being social while you are high. If you get too high, you might not do shit. You just need to find that perfect buzz.

Just my 2 cents

i think the key to retaining your personality when smoking cannabis is to do it socially...
involve yourself in social circles that treat cannabis as a casual social activity, not the main area of interest. that way there is focus on cannabis, but not solely on getting stoned and then going seperate ways. if you are lacking in social skills or self confidence, then i suggest you dont smoke pot frequently or on your own. pot has never made me withdrawn or sucked the personality out of me, but i have seen people who it has. they are the kind of people who sit by themselves or in groups of two, dont talk to anyone, dont make an effort to be friendly and dont give a shit that they are like that.
if youre already that way, then i suggest you cut down and...to put it bluntly, get a life. i dont wanna sound harsh or anything but its probably what you need to hear

good luck

i don't got much to say unless

other kids are stoned too around me- if not i play video games or work on some digital art. ya maybe it has killed me personality

When I'm stoned I become really antisocial, but if I'm just buzzing then I'll talk to everyone in the room. I also think that the other drugs have contributed to my being more social (because I am naturally reclusive) esp. the stimulants. My roommate on the other hand acts like he's ADD when he's high or stoned.

And yes, a circle of friends is definatley necessary.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I get different highs, if that makes sense, on different days (I guess depending on my mood).
Sometimes I'll call M to hang b/c he knows alot of people to come over, other times I'll call A because he's real chill, and then I'll call T because he's real hyper, and of course S because I'm horny or something 8o ; but I don't like to mix them together. My roommate I can stand all of the time cause he respects and does contribute instead of smoking all of my shit.

Last edited:
I agree with anarchistgirl, I often feel very creative on pot, and sometimes I withdraw, or I talk to others about what I’m thinking about, and see what they think. It is just like tripping, I tend to like to be introspective and I withdraw because of that. But all in all, I feel like I’m a much better person because of pot. It has helped me with a lot of things.

I've found that whenever I get REALLY high, I have a lot of trouble interacting with anyone else around me. It feels as though the part of my brain responsible for coming up with conversation has completely been shut down in order for my brain to shift it's energy elsewhere. However, I never feel dumber when I get really stoned... well at least not till I'm coming down. My mind will be racing all over the place, associated random things together, and if anything I feel smarter for thinking about things that I never thought of before.
Whenever, I just get buzzed on the other hand, I find it easier to interact with people. The weed helps me loosen up, and seeing as I'd consider myself a bit eccentric to begin with, it tends to amplify my personality and allows me to come up with all kinds of witty things to say. If you're having trouble interacting with people try not getting incredibly stoned every time you smoke, but just have enough to enjoy the positive effects. If that doesn't work, consider taking a break for a while...

Its all just in your mind. If you think you are not good around people, then you will not be good around people. If you dont worry about it, youll be absolutely fine. Dont worry, be happy

Peace