Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fatal Rave Sat 27/09/03

SL55AMG

Bluelighter
Mods please move this if you feel it is in the wrong thread.

Does anyone know anything about a death that may have occured at an unlicensed rave in western sydney on saturday night? I have a source who was there and apparently a teenage male had a heart attack after consuming X. Has anyone heard anything about this? im not trying to speculate im just trying to find some more info on the tradgedy. :(

Last edited:
From what i have heard, it did happen. He prolly :

Drank too much water (like anna wood)
Drank no water - fucking idiot
had too many pills, but not poisoned (cos we all know that you would have to eat 60-70 pills for MDMA to be lethal) - fully sick bro
polydrug abuse - coke, pills, speed acid - like this
dancing too much/overexertion

and as the ravers would call it "going too hard"

You sound like a journo SL.

ps. Backin - don't speculate man, there's enough problems with mis-information in these circles as it is, who knows what really happened?

In anycase, a tragic way to end a young life. My smpathy and feelings go out to the young persons family.

im not a bloody journo

i just wanted to find out the real story cause i had a friend there and its shaken the shit out of her. I to am sorry that such an incident happened to such a young life. With an event coming up such as * i wanted to find out the possible causes of this tradgedy so I can go out with a little more knowledge on what NOT to do. More knowledge never hurts anyone.

Thankyou to the insightful relpies.

[Edit: Venue details removed. Please read the Guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a rave on that night... (am i allowed to post the name of it?)
it was a hell hardore rave.. havent heard anything though

i havent heard anything.
if it is true, the sydney rave scene is fucked up the metaphorical ass though. you just watch the government and media bullshitt

I would have thought the media would have already started its 'e kills campaign'

Lets just hope it stay quiet... we don't need another period of time like after Anna Wood.

then maybe threads like this one shouldnt be made... you know...speculation and all.

I am told that this is a hoax.

Im fucking sure that the media would have been running anti X programmes all week.

The police would have something to say about it on their website, too

I waz reading a report published in a journal (sorry have forgotten the source) and it said about 250 ppl died of mdma related causes.....of course its hard to know what they counted in this, it probably includes mdma heroin mixes etc, but its only the ppl who had it written on their death certificate (and doesnt include car accidents and indirect deaths).

Anyway, 250 is alot. I was VERY surprised about this. that should mean Australia has an awful lot too. At least 10 a year surely??! I have a feeling that most are never reported to the media.

Of course, well never know the truth will we.....

I've posted this thread on a couple of other sydney boards (run by promoters) and they all got promptly deleted without explanation....

hmmm....

^^ That's pretty whack reasoning, IMHO. I'm pretty alarmed with that 250 figure, and I'd really love to know the source so we could find out how it's added up.

That would mean nearly 5 people every week, if my mathematics serves me correctly?

:\

This thread is founded on exactly zero at this stage. Someone PM me if real information comes to light.

BigTrancer :)

I'm reopening this thread in the hopes that more information will come forward. By private message I have received the following second- and third-hand information (hearsay).

Since similar stories are coming from a number of sources, I'll unlock this thread and encourage people to avoid speculating on the unknown details, and try to focus on what is confirmed info if possible.

Apparently it was some 18 year old kid who had a way to many and had a heart attack. Im suspicious of this incident because no one is talking about it ... My personal justification for posting it was simply to find out some more information, we are all part of the rave/club scene and when something like this happens I think it would be good to make people aware that it happened and to further illustrate to the younger audience that complacency can sometimes be fatal...
  • SL55AMG

I have spoken to 2 friends who were there, neither know each other. The first said that she heard her friends talking about seeing someone laying on the ground. The second told me that someone did die, but he didn't see it with his own eyes as he had left 15 mins prior to it happening. I'm looking into it further, stay tuned..

.. I can now confirm that a man did die at * (warehouse rave) at Girraween on 27/9/03. Apparently he had "been up" for 2 days and was a pretty solid bloke. I don't know exactly what drugs he had been taken, but obviously he wouldn't have been going for 2 days straight on just eccies. Unfortunately, he leaves behind a young daughter, and (from a different source) his brother was at the scene when it happened. That's probably all of the info i will be able to get, but i will keep trying.

• Boomslang
(Boomslang, that information was from people who were there? His brother must be distraught at this tragedy, this is awful news).

this is taken from 3d world a publication in sydney, a friend of a friend who knew the guy who died on the weekend said he did indeed eat one of these woody wood pecker pills..

• monkey--
(monkey-- has kindly offered to email me the 3Dworld article. Thanks)

If anyone gets local press articles please let us know. Furthermore if anyone I have quoted wants me to remove their text please notify me.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
The information i got was from people who were there, however, none actually witnessed it.

Just found this at www.police.nsw.gov.au ....

Police appeal for witnesses in death of 17 year old in Sydney's West
2, October 2003
Issued at 2.45pm Thursday October 2, 2003

Police are appealing for people to come forward to help with their investigation into the death of a 17-year-old male in Girraween last Saturday night.

The young man was attending a rave party at Magawar Rd, Girraween, and was seen to leave the toilets about 6am.

He collapsed shortly after and suffered an apparent seizure. He lapsed into un- consciousness but attempts to revive him failed and he died before arriving at hospital.

Police believe there were between 200-250 people at the party and are appealing for anyone who was present or who saw the 17-year-old collapse to come forward to assist them with their inquiries.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Merrylands Detectives on 9897 4837 or Crime stoppers 1800 333 000.