• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fatal Rave Sat 27/09/03

If I were to retract all I have said in this thread which doesn't directly aid the suffering of those close, then I'll have said nothing :|

My sincerest apologies if I've added to the pain. Sometimes we on this board seem to be so anxious to defend our culture, that we forget those who are so deeply affected by such tragedy
9.gif

Boo Boo said:
What exactly is Liquid Meth?
Meth dissolved in water.
Freebase meth is a liquid, but it never leaves the cooks in that form because you can't snort or shoot it as it's insoluble in water, and making the salt gives more weight to the product anyway.

SL55AMG said:
^^ nice one Apollo

people think there is no harm in organsing/going to illegal raves. My ass. Onsite medical staff are a must, no two ways about it. If you got a bit to heavy at a rave would you rather a St Johns ambo giving you help or some fucking 17 year old happy hardcore DJ? Get the promoters and throw them in a bottomless pit.
We make the choice to take drugs ourselves. Thanks to the illegality of drugs, promoters have to pretty much take the stance that they weren't aware people would be taking part in illegal and potentially dangerous actions in the first place, and therefore absolve themselves from responsibility.
If you don't believe we should be held responsible for our own dangerous actions, then go help spread the word of harm minimisation or better yet, lobby for the legalisation of party drugs so this whole issue can be treated openly, honestly and safely.
Blaming the promoters is an easy cop-out, and I hope they do not feel responsible a death they didn't cause.

^^^ I think you missed my point completely

if you read my prior posts in my thread, the majority of them are relating towards people learning from incidents like this. My reply relating to the promoters was in relation to RISK not blame. At many legal events, the risk of a drug related incident is high due to the number of people there combined with the number of people who are 'chemically enhanced'. However, this risk is challenged by a team of medical staff who are on site and ready to act. Deaths are more prominent when there is a greater response time from medical staff. So therefor at an illegal rave, where the promoters do not go to the extent of getting onsite medical staff, the risk of serious incidents relating to drugs is higher because there are no medical staff on hand. By no means am I blaming the promoters for this tragedy, I have a brain and it is big enough not to make a generalisation like the one you are suggesting I made. I didnt start this thread to "cop out" the promoters or to find someone to blame. I started this thread so people can be made AWARE of what happened and hopefully they can gain some KNOWLEDGE in the process.

Thanks for your input.

So therefor at an illegal rave, where the promoters do not go to the extent of getting onsite medical staff, the risk of serious incidents relating to drugs is higher because there are no medical staff on hand.

This does not necessarily follow. Illegal does not imply hopelessly disorganised, or even seat-of-the-pants.

Admittedly, underground parties can't provide the level of care (ie., an ambulance) that St John's can for your big-budget legal party, but I know at least one series of warehouses that makes a point of having trained first-aid staff, generally including a doctor, easy to find for punters in trouble.

I see your point

However in this situation the medical preparations were overlooked.