• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fatal Rave Sat 27/09/03

omg im soo upset by this, really doesnt want you to go out and dable in drugs, but Ive also read somewhere on BL that most cases of OD's or deaths are mainly guys... Why is this??:(

becuz guys get the mentallity

"oh yeah i can take it" (i've done this)
and they take to many.. or go to far simple as that

or decide that it is a good idea to have an E or 5 right after railing coke or tripping balls for hours.

I feel sorry for his family, especially for his daughter and his brother who witnessed it all.

It would be good in the name of HM to know what pills he took.

thoughts go out to the guys family and friends.

Just on the topic of deaths being reported, I would assume that the reported deaths due to drugs in general would be reduced due to the fact that a lot of families would try to cover it up. Most families know their kids experiment with drugs, especially when they're getting up to levels that may be dangerous. I suppose it would be an issue of do they want to sour their memories by bringing this kind of attention to the world.

thanks for re-opening the thread BT

Pengz>>> what you said is absolutely correct, young males do posses the attitude of invincibility. This CAN NOT be attributed to substance use. Why do young blokes drive fast? because they think that they can do it and nothing will happen, they think they are invincible. The results of this attitude are for more serious when it involves your body and chemicals. Your WRX may be invincible at taking corners at 75km/h, but your body and drugs is different....I to feel sympathy to his family and his brothers who were there (confirmed information). It is unfortunate that it takes an incident like this to teach the rest of us a lesson, and maybe it is a lesson that people will remember, or some people may still carry the attitude of "that won't happen to me.".............................SL55AMG

BL that most cases of OD's or deaths are mainly guys

Well, in cases of heart attack, it has been recently shown why males are more prone to heart disease.

..."It is a very striking gender difference — we were able to see that male sex hormones activate close to 30 genes that promoted coronary heart disease but no significant effects in women," said Dr Martin Ng, RPA heart researcher. ..

Taken from Too much testosterone: bad for the ticker

As tempting as it is to speculate that this was an act of stupidity by some fool, i.e. taking a handful of pills, its worthwhile to remember that although MDMA is a relatively safe drug, there is still a possibility of someone having an adverse reaction to it for whatever reason. I heard from a friend - I haven't a clue how reliable he is, although he seems genuine - that he'd had "a couple of pills and a bit of goey" and that he had some kind of seizure, as Boomslang's report says. That is all I know though!

a the risk of sounding like a religious freak... all the ravers, party goers, and pill munchers in the world are going to be in my prayers, just to keep them safe! and the guys family and friends will be too. peace.

i feel for the family/friend's of the unfortunate party goer. but remember BL's, LISTEN to your body. staying up days in a row is nothing but bad for you. be sensible.
the last thing your parent want is a phone call their son/daughter died from the EVIL drug known as ecstacy...

Drug Deaths

We actually have a really crap system for monitoring medical problems with drugs in Australia. There is no formal census of emergency attendances for recreational drug use, and any deaths from recreational drug use, unless caused by a single drug, is clumped together as 'mixed drug overdose'. The result? No-one has the slightest idea whether kids at rave are dying from MD** or alcohol poisoning. Until we start a system of health monitoring, we can't hope to stop these tragic and unnecessary deaths...:(

There was no first aid on site and not enough security present to deal with the situation

Great. I hope these promoters get the can (and I'd say the same death or no death).

^^ nice one Apollo

people think there is no harm in organsing/going to illegal raves. My ass. Onsite medical staff are a must, no two ways about it. If you got a bit to heavy at a rave would you rather a St Johns ambo giving you help or some fucking 17 year old happy hardcore DJ? Get the promoters and throw them in a bottomless pit.

Interesting comments guys. I may have missed a detail or 2, but could the organisers simply have been overwhelmed by attendance numbers? I've seen this happen on more than one occasion with underground events. Perhaps they thought a 2 or 3 strong security force would be enough for the expected crowd?

As for St Johns attending illegal events; I'm not sure whether their own requirements may insist the event is authorised. These days, throughout most of australia there are standard council/state requirements for planned gatherings such as raves. Most registered groups require "all ticks" for them to be involved, insurance demands as they are and all. So I wonder how St John's operating at an illegal event may compromise their indemnity or at the least their integrity?

The odds are we are going to get the occasional death at raves, drugs or not. But you can bet if there's any way to associate drugs and or negligence on part of the promoters, there will be.

So H & S wins again. Like it or not in this world of regulations, large well planned and advertised illegal raves are mostly a thing of the past. But small raves can turn into big ones with the right whispers ;) It's just the promoters often stand to lose more than they gain (or indeed keep)

Phase_Dancer raises some good questions here. The following clip was taken from the MK Forum, which I have found to be the most accurate detail on the incident.- "There was no first aid on site and not enough security present to deal with the situation."
The promoters were not interested in taking the legal and safety messures to ensure this party was safe. The only medical assistance that was there was my friend who got a first aid kit out of her glove box and ran it over to the victim. The promoters (Noize F.) have done nothing more than provide a disorganised unsafe event that resulted in tradgedy. Prevention, Planning and foresight are three key factors in harm minimalisation, but the crew at NF aren't to fussed about this 'minor' detail.

It may sound as if I'm making excuses for slack promoters. I'm not. Once upon a time it could be argued that promoters may not be aware of what's required to look after attendants at a rave. But dance parties have been going on now for a good few years. The basic care package is the minimum people expect, and for the little it takes to provide, there really is no excuse.

promoters have a 'Duty of Care' as with employers, teachers, schools, parents, guardians etc. P_D is right, there is no excuse

hi, I have just been reading the thread about * dying at the rave at giraween the other day, and I NEED you please to post up this info I am going to give you. I am a personal friend of his cousin, and I was at the rave, and I stood right in front of him when he came out of the toilets and died. Please get people to stop saying all this other stuff, cause it is REALLY hurting his family and friends when people go on about stuff they don;t know

please please don;t put my name up, just put these facts up. that would be very much appreciated

he was 17 years old, four months from his 18th birthday, and he DID NOT have a child..... yes, he had been up for a number of hours, and he OD'd on a combination of his pills and liquid meth. he was not a solid "bloke". He was a beautiful young kid. the ambo's came, and he was pronounced officially dead later in the day. There was a number of attempts of CPR and other stuff by friends and ambos.

I know it is not my privelage to get the last word in on a closed topic, but it would be really good of you to please just post these simple facts

thankyou so much

Information received by private message.

BigTrancer :)