• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Zohydro's Here: Our New Problem Child? (HOLY LORD IN HEAVEN)

The best is when you see quotes from a-holes that are against the release of the product with meaningless stats like "drug ODs are now responsible for more deaths in the US than car accidents."

Well dumb fuck, have you given consideration to the fact that cars are safer and people drive less than they used to?

Or "the US is responsible for 80% of the consumption of the worlds RX opiates."

Another worthless statement that doesn't look into per capita, the fact that Americans are large (fat) and damage their bodies as a result, necessitating a higher % of opiate RXs, and the fact that many Americans have cancer due to the chemicals in our food and environmental factors.

At the end of the day, opiate related deaths are a fraction of tobacco and alcohol related deaths, yet those items remain cheap and freely available.

There was a very sad story a couple years ago in my town, where a kid in his late teens from an upper middle class family killed himself. He had a brutally painful disease (can't remember which one) and was going through his RX in like 3 weeks instead of it lasting 4 (the parents didn't bother to regulate proper consumption) so his doc cut him back severely. The kid was in pain, told his family he wanted to kill himself... the father left his shotgun unlocked, and he killed himself. Awful story. I feel so bad for the parents, but their lack of good judgment didn't help things. No the parents are on the front page every time some new measure is taken to restrict opiate meds.

This is retarded for a number of reasons.

1. It's insanely potent. Two pills could cause overdose in an adult; one could kill a child who accidentally ingests it.
So can a handful of vicodin pills which is what a ton of people will stupidly do which also has allot of horribly toxic apap; not to mention there are allot of far more potent meds on the market. Those news articles always fail to mention that with a majority of ODs besides not taking them as directed most OD victims of opiates also have benzos and/or alcohol in their system.

2. We have a shit-ton of opiates on the market already. If you need that much hydrocodone to kill your pain, why not take something stronger like Dilaudid or Opana?
Hmmm two meds that are shit when used orally but can be on par with if not better and more addictive than heroin when injected; seems like a great way to cut down on addiction rates.

3. Shit like this is the product of greed and lack of innovation by Big Pharma. Instead of pumping out 50 "new and improved" versions of the same drug, why not put that effort into innovating new drugs that cure disease (instead of merely treating symptoms like pain)?
I completely agree with this but it's easier said than done. Allot of conditions aren't so easier to cure and allot of the medications they do have that can help control the actual symptoms are poorly effective and can have horrible side effects far worse than opiates. A large majority of those meds are extremely expensive too.

An addict is a customer for life.
A pain patient is a prisoner for life. Don't take this the wrong way I have allot of sympathy for addiction but the well being of something suffering from a chronic condition comes first and an addict comes second. All restriction does is cause innocent patients to suffer and addicts to switch to dope which is allot worse since they don't know the potency or potential cuts. In all the places they cracked down oxy ODs may of gone don't but heroin ODs are skyrocketing. Better access to maintenance programs is what will help addicts not more restrictions of medications that are already too restricted as it is. Rather than blaming the drug or the supplier like the media always does we need to look at what drove the person to become an addict.

Last edited:
I love when the drug snob in us geeks comes out. Fuck oxycodone. Hydrocodone has a fuller-spectrum, more natural feeling, and longer high.

"If anyone orders merlot, I'm leaving. I'm not drinking any fucking merlot!"

^Mmm, now I want some... And I keep hearing the first batches (for 2-3 years) aren't abuse-proof. But does that mean like Adderall XR bead-style until it becomes OP OC garbage? Or just a special formulation powder in the capsule... Either way, I might try to switch my Rx. I've been legitimately searching for an ER med but OxyContin and MSContin suck, and I really don't need to make the jump to Exalgo/Opana. So "Zohydro" it is?

I won't be trying that. But like every pill I'd assume "can you" and "is it a good idea" are 2 totally different things. From what I understand it's possible to shoot most pills, but it's not a good idea to shoot any pills.

calling_dibs_by_legendofzeldafreak2-d4g2xfj.jpg

I won't be trying that. But like every pill I'd assume "can you" and "is it a good idea" are 2 totally different things. From what I understand it's possible to shoot most pills, but it's not a good idea to shoot any pills.

Of course. What I meant was will it be worth shooting. I find the only pills that are worth it are morphine and dilaudid.

^Mmm, now I want some... And I keep hearing the first batches (for 2-3 years) aren't abuse-proof. But does that mean like Adderall XR bead-style until it becomes OP OC garbage? Or just a special formulation powder in the capsule... Either way, I might try to switch my Rx. I've been legitimately searching for an ER med but OxyContin and MSContin suck, and I really don't need to make the jump to Exalgo/Opana. So "Zohydro" it is?

That's how I read their product sheet. My Dexedrine Spansules are the same way. Empty them out into a glass, crush the shells, then dump the contents onto a black plate. You can easily separate the product from the shells. Toot the good stuff and eat the rest. Only did that a few times because I don't have a need to abuse my adhd meds, but it works.

Of course. What I meant was will it be worth shooting. I find the only pills that are worth it are morphine and dilaudid.

In that case definitely no. Hydrocodone has such a high bioavailability (oral is over 80% I believe) that even snorting it isn't really worth it, considering the damage done.

I knew that and did not even think of it. I think I am just in the mood to fix something.

I'll note that one may already viably plug CWE from vicodin/vicoprofen.

ebola

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone bitartrate), created by Zogenix, which also makes needle-free sumatriptan injections, is to be released next month (March). They will be releasing this drug in 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, and 50 milligram CAPSULES, which I assume will be filled with a pure hydrocodone powder, despite the 11-2 panel of experts the FDA created to vote on the approval of the drug. This drug is now in production, obviously.

I was badly addicted to OxyContin for many years and I remain on buprenorphine to this day. This "new" drug, made from the same compound that first triggered my addiction to opioids (which I found in vicodin, of course) is to be released in EXACTLY the same way careless way that OXYCONTIN was released by Purdue Pharma except in a presumably even more abusable form, a powder within a capsule. Zogenix and Zohydro's proponents have even gone so far as to reject claims that the new Tylenol-free formulation should be required to have a similar abuse preventative formulation that Purdue Pharma was finally forced into creating so as to continue selling their pure-formulation OxyCodone which is now, of course, the new, very unsexy OP.

Ah, now down to business. This drug is making my scrotum stir with anticipation; I cannot see a future where Zohydro exists where I also do not get high on it. What the fuck do you guys think about this new thing? Could this be the gnarliest opiate "epidemic" since, well, morphine? I want thoughts, information, experience, opinion, conjecture or speculation any of you professionals have on this new drug.

In my opinion, this is going to change history.

(FYI, this thread was moved from Other Drugs)

I doubt they are pure hydrocodone powder in there, probably more like classic time release beads in HydromorphContins here and also in multiple ER morphine pills (Kadians, M-Eslons). I think if they get any popularity, they will reach HydromorphContin levels, and it's not as bad, since most junkie worth its monicker knows that snorting and shooting up hydrocodone is stupid/dangerous ( I did it with our pure Hycodan 5mg pills here, just 2 of them, and it didn't do much and I was pretty damn itchy all night, nevermind the 100mg hydroxyzine I took with it.) So yeah, this is an even smarter product than HydromorphContins (to be supplied as a first line opiate painkiller when NSAIDs and tylenol aren't doing it). It's amazing how hydromorphone is thrown at us in Canada, wheter in regular Dilaudid form or HydromorphContins (which can be banged, easily, more people are on methadone and bupe than for HydromorphContins IV habits than Heroin habits here). And we do not hear about how those pills are evil in capsules at all here. Most people fear official medication and are more than ready to eat and snort typical canadian meth pills when it comes to hard street drugs.

Through obscurity, painkiller addiction remains very low in Canada, even with how liberally they are scripted, people who are scripted them long term are never abandoned. The most known opiate painkiller pills are Empracet 30's (tylenol 300mg/30mg codeine), there's 60's too but they're really rare. This is from studying in the academic way and from experience in my own pretty large circle of drug users before I dropped out of the scene.

I discovered how awesome IV'ing Dilaudid was after breaking up with a long time girlfriend. All the people saying "IV dilaudid or nothing" are to blame I tell ya! :!

Just kidding, my dentist who was scripting me 90 counts of 1mg Dilaudids had me addicted once I started snorting them, 2mgs a bit later then I made friends with an ex boxer who was scripted both HydromorphContins and Dilaudids and there ya go.

I don't see american media going mad about Dilaudid, a much, much more hazardous substance than hydrocodone...Who profits from railing against a medication that is approved anyway, massively. I heard Massachussets banned ZoHydro. Mitt Romneycare doesn't only seem to suck, it's also idiotic. Yeah don't script a 30mg ZoHydro to this person! Here you go! *patient leaves with 30mg OXY IR's or 60mg MS-Contins or whatever else....the stupid, it hurts.

I forgot, were CodeineContins ever considered in the US? Because Purdue has also successfully pushed this one in. They make much more sense than going for stronger painkillers too, like ZoHydro (hydrocodone being marginally stronger than codeine, IN EFFECTS/stimulation of opiate receptors). We got C Contins 50mg,100,150,200. They are one major reason why tramadol was never really popular here, it only managed to come in as Tramacet 37,5mg/325mg tylenol. Last year they approved Zytram XL, time released tramadol and it is still almost totally unheard of, like Tramacet. They only consider it according to my nurse female friend when people are allergic to codeine/morphine, and they go with Demerol. I once asked an ER doctor if I could have Tramadol (around 2007) since it's a good painkiller thats apparently non addictive and she went like "sure, but don't you mean Tramacet? They have tylenol in them does that bother you?" And I passed and said what are my options here ? And I left with 20 Empracets 60's and 30 CodeineContins 200mg. Those can be made IR just by crushing them, like our generic oxycontins.

All of this to say that codeine is an overlooked product, and the higher dosages which were normally shunt, were embraced as XR pills. But I hear that in America people say codeine = morphine, even health professionals spout bullshit like this apparently and go straight to hydrocodone/oxycodone. Like oral oxy is less dangerous than oral morphine. To get high on oral morphine you need massive dosages, even if quite opiate naive, I managed to do it by eating 130mg Kadians where I crushed the bead to turn them IR and eat em after some large Tagamet dose, 600mg or something or eating multiple generic 60mg MS-Contins (the purple ones). And lets not get into the actual usefulness of HydromorphContins used orally. The boxer guy who got me into them was eating them....but he was scripted the highest strength pills (30mg) 4 times a day + 8 x 4mg dilaudid. So, yeah, I know you guys don't have HydromorphContins, you had them as Palladone XR or something for 6 months a decade+ ago and they FDA removed it due to dose dumping caused by drinking just one beer over your high dosage HMC pills (9mg+ I guess). I tried the thing with 12mg HMC's...nope, this wasn't an issue. They just outright lied to you guys because they expected what Purdue was doing, what us canadians are plagued by IV HydromorphContin crushed beads addicts. Imagine the bang for the buck a 30mg HMC pill offers to a Dilaudid fiend like me...

No wonder this world is going to hell, Orwell everywhere.

Last edited:
This thread doesn't contain enough zohydro-related content and a lil too many off-topic ramblings.

I think "The New OxyContin" should be removed from the title as it just contributes to the negative media that Zohydro is getting especially considering its the mainstream media who is labeling it with the exact same name.

Oh noes!!! They are handing out a new formulation of a medication that is already widely prescribes! I don't see this having any effects at all. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled the dentist gave me a script for 120 750mg Vicodin. Waaayyy more than I needed. With all the opiates already on the street and even more already being handed out by doctors I don't think this will change anything. I doubt the 50mg ones will be flying around everywhere and the 10's are no different than norcos. Everyone and their brother already knows how to do a CWE if they want to abuse pills. Those that don't might actually be helped by a apap free version. At least fewer people will be destroying their livers.

I think "The New OxyContin" should be removed from the title as it just contributes to the negative media that Zohydro is getting especially considering its the mainstream media who is labeling it with the exact same name.

I think someone actually took my suggestion to heart. I appreciate the change regardless. Either way I honestly think it was a good move.

I think someone actually took my suggestion to heart. I appreciate the change regardless. Either way I honestly think it was a good move.

I did. I thought it made sense, and reflected our discussion should follow, since it's still to be seen what negative effects (if any) will come from the release of extended-release hydrocodone.

My personal feelings are that this is a good thing. People are dying from the insane amounts of APAP in vicodin/lortab/norco. When I first saw a pm doc he gave me 3x10/325 norco a day. That's a lot of Tylenol. I couldn't take them because they gave me a stomach ache (turns out I had 2 ulcers, which they said were NSAID-related, even though I've never been a big user of them).

Anyway, for people on PM this can really be a good thing. Right now that's a missing drug in the market, because the current formulation of OxyContin is garbage for most people (it's simply ineffective if swallowed whole). So without going up a stronger medication like Opana, there's no good ER medicine available. And they are easier to use than IR for people who require daily dosing.